Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels / Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Looking to purchased damaged & dinged 10 spoke black wheels (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280486)

TLSTWIN 03-01-2013 11:49 PM

Looking to purchased damaged & dinged 10 spoke black wheels

Should say "Looking to PURCHASE damaged & dinged 10 spoke black wheels":rolleyes:

I am looking for wheels that have been curb rashed, bent (slightly), scratched, etc.

I already have a set for my car, but am looking for an extra set to use for track days. Also looking to experiment on paint patterns.

Thanks.

TLSTWIN 03-02-2013 12:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here were some of the patterns I want to try.

TLSTWIN 03-05-2013 05:52 PM

Very Serious.

The extent of damage will dictate the price I am willing to pay. Possibly $400 a rim

MY CA.ZL1 03-05-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 6235051)
Here were some of the patterns I want to try.

While my 10 spokes rims where polish and black i am now having all the area that was black paint, powdercoated the same color as the car.the black paint was so thin and the cost of powdercoating was 1/2the cost of polishing.i will post pics after i get the rims back.this will still create a combo of amg and polish.should look good.I am looking at another set of rims also.to play with.lol .post when you redo your rims.

MY CA.ZL1 03-05-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 6249428)
Very Serious.

The extent of damage will dictate the price I am willing to pay. Possibly $400 a rim

Ifthe dealer you bought the car from gives you the rims for cost,they should be around 550.each.Issue is getting them from g.m.

TLSTWIN 03-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 (Post 6249596)
While my 10 spokes rims where polish and black i am now having all the area that was black paint, powdercoated the same color as the car.the black paint was so thin and the cost of powdercoating was 1/2the cost of polishing.i will post pics after i get the rims back.this will still create a combo of amg and polish.should look good.I am looking at another set of rims also.to play with.lol .post when you redo your rims.

Yep, I looked at polish, chrome, paint, and powder coating. I found a guy to polish the rims fairly cheap, but I have to drive 2hrs one way, just not worth the money...yet.

Your rims and the hotwheel rims gave me the idea of black and red, then I thought about doing the inner section instead of the face like on yours.

I got one rim that needs repainted, so I am getting it powder coated in satin black for now. Hopefully it matches close to the others. The track and driving season is fast approaching and I want my tires ready to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 (Post 6249611)
Ifthe dealer you bought the car from gives you the rims for cost,they should be around 550.each.Issue is getting them from g.m.

I know, I tried holding off purchasing, but I couldn't pass up the deals I got, both on tires and wheels. The last two wheels I bought were the most expensive.

TLSTWIN 03-30-2013 08:46 PM

Also individual wheels

I am also willing to purchase one or two wheels at a time as well. Believe it or not, I know first hand there are people that want to sell just one or two at a time.

Can even be one front and one rear.

TLSTWIN 12-21-2013 10:59 PM

bump for a reminder

:wave::pop2: