Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Seen a RED JEWEL TINTCOAT (RJT) CTF in person...and talked to the GM worker...(pics). (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20027)

DETROIT2010Camaro 04-26-2009 12:02 AM

Seen a RED JEWEL TINTCOAT (RJT) CTF in person...and talked to the GM worker...(pics).

11 Attachment(s)
I have said this before that since im in Detroit Michigan I have had the chance to see Camaros alllll the time on the FWY, park outside of Wal-Mart, or just SPEED right pass me!!!....

But today I finally got a chance to talk with one of the GM worker that get to drive it...

I was out in Southgate,MI headed to the movies, driving in circles looking for somewhere to park, when I seen a (RJT) pull in. So I quickly whip around and got behind him..lol..he let his wife(?) off at the door...and I STAYED behind him and PARK RIGHT NEAR HIM....

So not to hold him up, we WALKed and TALKed from the car until we got inside and met up with our people we came with.

Talked about lil simple stuff like the hurst, the reason cars on hold, etc...He told me about how many CTF cars was out there and that AS SOON AS ANYTHING GOES WRONG ON THE CAR, they are suppose to call and report it that day so they can fix it and then make sure production cars dont have the same type of problem!!...WAS GLAD TO HEAR THAT!!!

Well we split and goes to different movies. BUT the whole time im in my movie I was 1st thinking like "Man I HOPE his movie longer so the car is still there when I leave"....and 2nd..."Man its a CTF outside..ITS A CTF OUTSIDE, I want to leave my girl and my bro in here and just watch that car for the whole time length of the moive"...:laugh::thumbup:

My movie ended first, so I Speed walk out and see its still there so I could take pics for you guys on here.....

SO SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY, BUT HERE ARE THE PICS...hope you guys enjoy...

(all pics are OG size that my iPhone took them in so that if you want to resize and use them...then ya can..)

Supermans 04-26-2009 12:36 AM

the bumper color doesn't look exactly the same :(

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1240721927

dragonZ28 04-26-2009 12:37 AM

I see that's another one where the paint on the fender doesn't match the front bumper cover. You can see it in the picture that shows the hood, fender, and bumper meet. The color is 2 different shades of RJT. Man, I hope they fix this.

EDIT: Supermans beat me to it

Supermans 04-26-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonZ28 (Post 434108)
I see that's another one where the paint on the fender doesn't match the front bumper cover. You can see it in the picture that shows the hood, fender, and bumper meet. The color is 2 different shades of RJT. Man, I hope they fix this.

EDIT: Supermans beat me to it

Faster than a speeding bullet..lol..except in bed ofcourse..

budman1964 04-26-2009 12:56 AM

I'm a little uneasy about the mismatch in paint from the front end of the car to the fender/hood. This is very noticable in these pictures, even from the different angles. I understand that it could have something to do with the metal vs. plastic surfaces, but if that is the case, they should make adjustments to the color for this. I hope it isn't this noticeable in person..I ordered the IOM 2SS back on 11-01-08 and haven't noticed anything this obvious in any pictures I have seen of my color, so hopefully I am all worried about nothing.

CommandoSS 04-26-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 434110)
Faster than a speeding bullet..lol..except in bed ofcourse..

You felt that clarification was need?

lol

KJS 04-26-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Got me a bit nervous too, especially since I ordered RJT. Looks like a crummy repaint after an accident.
I've noticed this in other pix on the forum and am thinking it can't be the camara or the angle. Did the front bumper supplier get the tint wrong....mmmm.....

The Great KJ 04-26-2009 08:13 AM

Order white, lol

HuJass 04-26-2009 10:49 AM

That's a CTF car.
The production RJT I saw matched perfectly.
As a matter of fact, there are pictures of it on the last page of the RJT thread. Check 'em out.

RetroDude 04-26-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuJass (Post 434610)
That's a CTF car.
The production RJT I saw matched perfectly.
As a matter of fact, there are pictures of it on the last page of the RJT thread. Check 'em out.

CTF = Captured Test Fleet

As for the mis-matching paint, this problem has been address to the best of thier ability and pretty much is now unnoticeable in the production models we are seeing today, however, there may be some slight shade differences due to the fact of materials ( plastic vs. sheet metal ) and angles of panels too!

camaroqueen 04-26-2009 11:33 AM

Yahoo! Won't be long now

Okay!! We are seeing camaros out now, but when will we see ours? I can hardly wait! The CTF/RJT is kinda upsetting w/the mismatch, especially since that's the color I ordered. I am still pumped though.
DETROIT2010CAMARO thanks for catching the pics 4 us!! I would have probably left the movie & group - bathroom break u know! LOL:sm0:

Beechdoctor 04-26-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

These are early production CTF cars that would not be built to the same standards as normal production. They are mules intended to shake out the bugs before the "real cars" are turned loose and rework issues like color shift assumingly would be allowed to pass. That being said, I read something from one of the Oshawa employees in another thread that the plastic bumpers are painted by the vendor and not with the rest of the car. This would explain the inconsistant color match. Can anyone confirm this???

Especially in diminshed light, paint will appear to have a different shade if the application process is not tightly controlled. The Red Jewel and Inferno Orange Metallic paint it is likely very hard to get a proper match due to variences of how the metallic particles "lay" when it's sprayed due to the mil thicknees of the base color along with other variables if not painted out of the same gun....Red colors typically don't cover as well due to low pigment ratios when compared to other colors.

I'm not worried about panel matching...quality inspectors at Oshawa know they can't make obvious mistakes (expect brake wieghts :sm0:) with these cars during economic times when they will have to earn every sale. Pictures of production cars paint thus far, appears to match well. :thumbsup:

Chevyrocker 04-26-2009 11:50 AM

^ confirmed...vendors do paint the bumpers.

I saw an IOM 2SS/RS on Thursday and it matched.

dragonZ28 04-26-2009 09:23 PM

Does anyone think it may be this car with a bad repair job???:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3466/...033299.jpg?v=0