Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pick your Camaro colors here. (Paint Chip Photos) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11221)

Captain Awesome 01-03-2009 12:45 PM

Pick your Camaro colors here. (Paint Chip Photos)

1 Attachment(s)
Ladies and gentlemen,

I have gotten my hands on an official Camaro Paint Chip Card and after MANY days of bad weather I finally managed to get out into the sun and take some photos of the colors in what I think is the most important lighting conditions possible.

I set up in an empty field because trees and buildings were reflecting on the chips in my first photos, and it was windy so I had to tape the chips to a cardboard box with some weight in it so it wouldn't blow away. I did freeze my butt off.

The paint chips were photographed from various angles with two cameras, a Casio Exilim and a Canon EOS DSLR. The white balance was set for sunny daylight and I think the true colors come through on my monitor.

Enjoy!!!

Note... the last two images were taken with an overcast sky for comparison to a cloudy day.

I also have the full resolution images in closer detail if anyone thinks they want a bigger closeup of a color. Tell me which image and which color you want zoomed in. I think seeing them side-by-side is better though.

Inspector 17 01-03-2009 12:47 PM

There is another thread that already has the pictures. EDIT: here's the thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10622

Mods, might want to merge.

nUcLeArEnVoY 01-03-2009 12:58 PM

This thread shows them in all possible lightings, though, so that's good!

The_Blur 01-03-2009 01:00 PM

That CGM looks good in all lights. I'm staying with that.

FenwickHockey65 01-03-2009 01:03 PM

CGM!!

It's the closest I can get to black without having to obsessively clean it every day.

Captain Awesome 01-03-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY (Post 232995)
This thread shows them in all possible lightings, though, so that's good!

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Notice that some of the colors (RJT and IBM) really darken up in the different lights and angles. I don't know if you can see it but it looks like IBM, RJT, and IOM have a much smaller/finer fleck in them than do SIM, ABM, and CGM!

Koru 01-03-2009 01:58 PM

I like the different angles :chevy:

Legend 01-03-2009 02:05 PM

I sticking with SIM and black rally stripes...saw a Dodge Bumble Bee truck today out driving that was silver with the black stripes and it just confirms it's exactly what I am wanting!

Good pics and great angles and all!!

ArcAngel 01-03-2009 02:13 PM

this just adds more colors to the already hard decision uggggh I havent ordered yet and right now Rally yellow is in first then CGM and white tied with aqua ugggh and dont forget inferno orange

undeadswamp 01-03-2009 02:38 PM

Inferno Orange seems to be looking better all the time. Looks pretty orange to me in most of these pics.

ArcAngel 01-03-2009 02:41 PM

Although the yellow pops in all different lighting unlike most of the other colors that dull in the dark

GTAwheelman 01-03-2009 02:44 PM

well i thought i was going with victory red, but in these pics it looks too dark of red. now i cant decided if i want black or CGM now.

i might go with CGM since black is a bitch to take care of. :mad0259:

StarkyLuv 01-03-2009 03:15 PM

The more I see IBM, the happier I am with the choice.

Captain Awesome 01-03-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarkyLuv (Post 233118)
The more I see IBM, the happier I am with the choice.

It looks really dark in dim lighting. On a rainy day you'd swear it was black.