Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307174)

alice 04-10-2016 06:01 PM

Doesn't make any sense that slippage would occur before TM takes place. Could it be possible that the clutch paks are releasing just befor TM takes place? When I listen to the videos, sounds like most all TM has been removed. I've had about 20% TM removed from my TT LLT and it still hesitates between shifts. Drives me crazy! Feels like I'm shifting a stick transmission. I don't know how much TM can be safely removed from these V6 trannies.

MagnumForceGB 04-13-2016 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a screenshot from my 2-3 shift with it hitting the limiter from the slippage. The top chart shows what torque the ECU is reporting because it is faster to read ignition timing that way (that PID lags behind realtime). The initial dip is the limiter being hit softly, after it recovers torque management for the shift has taken over.

2nd graph is the clutch pressures, PCS 1 is the main line pressure that feeds all the clutches. PCS 2 is the oncoming clutch, PCS 4 is the offgoing clutch, PCS 5 is active through 1-4 gears.

Last graph is the Trans slip and shift time. When the shift time starts to increase that is when the torque management takes place. The trans slip line should be smooth up top but that peak is where it is slipping. The oncoming clutch probably needs more pressure or more volume, I will have to test it out though.

MagnumForceGB 04-13-2016 11:50 AM

Also got all my information inputted into my excel sheet and can see the effect of retarding the exhaust cam had on my speed (showed up on the timeslips too). The later in the power stroke the exhaust cams are opened, the more power I'm losing. My 11.7 run I had 5 degrees retard in them, so I can get it down to 0 degree and open it up as soon as it can and see what happens.

alice 04-13-2016 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I see. I agree with you. Great analysis. I will throw something out there for the heck of it, because I recently just discovered something by accident. If I am correct, you had broken a transmission line at one point and had to replace it. Well, About a month ago, I was reworking my entire transmission cooling system components and lines. Since I always like going a bit overkill on things, I went ahead and jumped the cooling hose sizes up from -6 to -8 lines and installed the transmission line output block with the one in the picture. I made sure that there were no areas in the hosing that were smaller than a -8 hole size, that would cause pressure drop other than normal for the flow of the given hose size. Anyway, when I got everything done, I drove the car home and much to my surprise, it shifted notably harder than ever before. My point being, for what it's worth and may not have anything to do with your issue, is that I wonder if the fluid bleed off somewhere in the system is not sufficient to meet the demands of the timing events taking place. Again, I am only throwing this out for the heck of it but I sure noticed a difference in shift aggressiveness after simply increasing size of the hoses. Looking at your graphs, there is something significant go on, may or may not be related to my posting. Just trying to be of some help. Don't even know if your issue cropped up just after a line break or not or what you replaced it with. Disregard my discussion if not applicable. Always have to look at any and all possibilities.

alice 04-13-2016 08:00 PM

I commend you on your knowledge of the Bosch ECM manipulation. I wish I was younger and could learn what you know. Anyway, good for you.

alice 04-16-2016 08:43 AM

This is off subject but I would appreciate any help you can offer me. You have posted videos that are 3 minutes long, or longer and with good quality. I have tried to compress some of mine to meet the 3.8 MB forum requirements and I am unable to have enough quality left for viewing. What is the procedure for posting a video such as yours within the file limits on the forum? I appreciate your help.

MagnumForceGB 04-16-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alice (Post 9035946)
This is off subject but I would appreciate any help you can offer me. You have posted videos that are 3 minutes long, or longer and with good quality. I have tried to compress some of mine to meet the 3.8 MB forum requirements and I am unable to have enough quality left for viewing. What is the procedure for posting a video such as yours within the file limits on the forum? I appreciate your help.

Videos are uploaded to youtube then linked to the forum. Using U2B in brackets or pasting the link.

alice 04-16-2016 01:08 PM

Thanks a whole bunch, friend.

MagnumForceGB 04-17-2016 02:51 PM

Still haven't driven the car since I went to the track but I did do a boost leak test, one of the worm gear clamps was leaking after the MAF sensor. A few days before I went to the track that pipe had blown off at 13 PSI, I tightened the 2 clamps holding it on but not the one before it. That was the reason I was down some boost pressure. Right now I replaced 2 of the worm gears with T-bolt clamps, going to replace the 3 other 3.5" clamps with T-Bolts.

Might be buying a 2.87" high grip pulley, that will push an overspin condition at 7200, but not at 7000. Should put me at 10 PSI around 5000 RPM, which is around my peak torque. Still in the planning phases though.

MagnumForceGB 04-18-2016 10:04 PM

Ordered a 2.95" high grip pulley, was the closest size I could get to the 3.125". My belt has stretched a little bit and if I do back-to-back pulls, the boost would be at different levels, so it may have been slipping.

Won't be installing it for a while though since in 250 miles I do my 55k oil change and I plan on taking the supercharger off while I tune for a NA run. I want to see if I can keep up with a Mustang V6 that has just a few bolt-ons compared to my full bolt-ons.

MagnumForceGB 04-20-2016 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New pulley came, tungsten Coates for grip.

MagnumForceGB 05-02-2016 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Supercharger off, working on the NA conversion to see how fast I can get the car.

Tajefe Couple 05-02-2016 08:09 PM

Wow thought you where just joking. GL against the stang.

MagnumForceGB 05-02-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tajefe (Post 9067516)
Wow thought you where just joking. GL against the stang.

I'm also going to be doing some needed upgrades too while I'm at it. The Power Steering return line that IPF used really nags me, so I'm going to replace it with a -12 AN nylon braided hose and use the fittings to make the sharp turns. I don't like the spring inside the hose thing.

If I put the supercharger back on there are going to be some major upgrades. New bearings, impeller, fuel system, and blessed by the pope himself.