Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   3rd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   My baby is dying...help me!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7739)

bumblebeetuna 10-05-2008 06:00 PM

My baby is dying...help me!!!

Ok i bought this camaro and it was working perfectly one day all of a sudden it just stopped work great. It starts it drives but when i hit the gas itll stall smokes, when i punch the gas it feels as if i lost power, i cant peel out, itll drive and shift gears after a while but soon itll bog out and seems as if it has trouble breathing, maybe something to do with intake....not sure anyone have any ideas? please help....

bumblebeetuna

baileyrx 10-05-2008 06:23 PM

clogged catalytic converter?

Maddog78 10-05-2008 06:32 PM

Yeah, good guess.
Maybe plugged fuel filter, too.

What yr. etc. Does it even have a cat?

Iroczlover 10-05-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog78 (Post 146826)
Yeah, good guess.
Maybe plugged fuel filter, too.

What yr. etc. Does it even have a cat?

thats the first thing I would check is the fuel filter or the fuel pump.

then the wires & plugs& cap & rotor

BitchinCamaro 10-05-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iroczlover (Post 146857)
thats the first thing I would check is the fuel filter or the fuel pump.

Yep, I had a similar problem on my Iroc and it was the fuel pump. Pretty common on the third gen, bad news is that it is a pain to replace. Get a fuel pressure gauge on it.

Iroczlover 10-05-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro (Post 146879)
Yep, I had a similar problem on my Iroc and it was the fuel pump. Pretty common on the third gen, bad news is that it is a pain to replace. Get a fuel pressure gauge on it.

yeppers, did the same thing on mine, But we were smart we didnt cut the whole in the trunk area. lol we dropped the tank.

MCPOAJ 10-08-2008 08:12 PM

what color of smoke is it and yes it does sound like a fuel pump

camaro5 10-12-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baileyrx (Post 146820)
clogged catalytic converter?

Give this member a prize!

This vehicle has a clogged catalytic converter, caused by misfires that create a rich mixture.

You need a new converter and a full ignition tune up, including new plug wires. Carb or injectors may need service, but may not. :thumbsup:

FireInMe17 12-13-2008 11:33 PM

my '90 was doing something like this the other day...........i would go to accelerate and it would start to shake and the tacho was going crazy jumping up and down

and i know that the seal on the intake manifold is bad and needs to be replaced, but its never done that before, could it be the fuel pump?