Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   My XM Radio replacement (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41733)

rays 09-10-2009 12:40 AM

My XM Radio replacement

Streaming Pandora internet radio on my Palm Pre via bluetooth ROCKS!

This thing works awesome! My only complaint is I have to manually connect the bluetooth from the pre every time I go to the Aux input.

When I first got the pre I just had it paired via bluetooth as a handsfree. Thats it? No A2DP streaming audio? But then I figured out I had to pair it a second time when I had the Aux input selected. Duh! Who knew. Manual, thats who..

I can also stream the mp3's on it via bluetooth or just connect the usb cable to the phone and play the mp3's like a flash drive. The phone can't make or receive calls when you use it as a flash drive via usb to play mp3's though.

Who needs compressed XM audio that cuts out when I drive under a bridge or through heavy trees.

I do wish the head unit had HD radio.

FunkyELF 09-22-2009 02:51 PM

Just got a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G.
Just $99 with 2 year contract thanks to Oprah through Thursday ($199 otherwise).

It is annoying to have to re-pair it every time especially since you can't do it while you're moving.

It streams Pandora as well.

From what I have read, the Palm Pre is supposed to act like an iPod so much so that even in iTunes it shows up as an iPod. I wonder why the Camaro doesn't see it as one as you say you have to play it like a flash drive.

The Camaro is nice that it has bluebooth for music as well as phone calls but there is much to be desired. How about some priority? If I'm on the phone, don't interrupt me with driving directions... just give me a little beep (I'll spare a rant on how horrible Onstar's directions are and how it takes them at least a minute to say anything). Phone calls should take priority over everything. And it should be up to the user whether music or directions take priority at any given point.

haulass350 09-22-2009 06:33 PM

pandora is only good for 40 hours a month though isnt it? then you gotta pay a dollar or whatever for another 40 hours right?

i dunno ive found alot of new songs on sat radio and they have a few good talk show channels for those really long drives.

plus if your not careful on the cellphone wont you get some kind of data send/recieve charge if you use to much, i would think streaming music would eat that up pretty quick.

AngryAmish 09-22-2009 11:26 PM

Iheartradio is good too. It is limited to Clear Channel radio stations though. I personally don't know what Pandora is but I will be checking it out shortly. ;)

How does Pairing by Bluetooth sound compared to using the Cable? Any loss? Haven't tried it yet myself...

I love and hate XM/Sirius all at the same time. Love alot of the programming, hate the loss of sound.

FLYNNZL1 09-23-2009 08:31 AM

Slacker is another internet stearming radio service, it works great with Blackberrys, iphones and pc's.