Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   * The TRUTH about the HURST SHIFTER OPTION ANNOUNCMENT * (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13908)

CamaroScotty 02-19-2009 06:40 PM

* The TRUTH about the HURST SHIFTER OPTION ANNOUNCMENT *

Here is the response I just received about the HURST SHORT SHIFTER option:

Just the option will be removed from the order that are already on hand (Event 3000 or greater). The good news is all these orders are isolated at this point.

Dealer and customers will have to decide how to handle the orders that have allocation this week. They will either need to remove the Hurst Shifter LPO and have the order placed, or leave the LPO on for now, and wait until the RPO is introduced.

When? That's what we are working on now. Hope to announce specific availability and RPO code in the coming weeks. If all goes well, we should have this resolved very shortly -- weeks not months.

Bottom line: The Hurst Shifter was original a dealer installed accessory, and will continue to be a dealer installed accessory -- just not one that will appear on the window label and maybe a few weeks late. The new factory installed Hurst shifter will be identical to the dealer installed part.

We are disappointed we will not have it ready for the March 16, 2009 SORP, but we want to make sure we could integrate a high demand feature without disrupting production.

Silver Streak 02-19-2009 06:42 PM

Thanks for info!

Primus 02-19-2009 06:43 PM

I apologize if this has been covered, but do these constraints cover the first week of production or some current (pre)production?

1_2Many 02-19-2009 06:49 PM

This is nice of them and all, but why can't they release an official announcement regarding ABL??? It's getting very close to go time people!

JMAN311 02-19-2009 07:00 PM

I think it's great they are allowing factory installs of this option now. It's just too bad they decided so late in the game and it's becoming an issue since orders have already started to go to the next steps. The thing I don't get is why they don't want it on the window sticker anymore. I would think that now that it's a factory installed option it SHOULD be on the window sticker.

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 07:01 PM

^^Yeah, timing wasn't exactly precise....but I'm sure there was a very good reason for it. Ahem

Thanks for coming through, Scott. So, first built cars still get it installed by the dealer, just not on the sticker, and maybe not even late. Later builds get it installed at the factory and their console not molested at the dealership. Not a bad deal!:thumbsup: But sooo late.

UCF w00t 02-19-2009 07:06 PM

Why the hell can't they make an announcement like this about ABL? Honest and concise. Was it that hard?

Angrybird 12 02-19-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAN311 (Post 298718)
I think it's great they are allowing factory installs of this option now. It's just too bad they decided so late in the game and it's becoming an issue since orders have already started to go to the next steps. The thing I don't get is why they don't want it on the window sticker anymore. I would think that now that it's a factory installed option it SHOULD be on the window sticker.

It will be if it is Factory Installed (RPO), but not if it is dealer installed because it will have to be purchased separately through the parts department and not through the car ordering system any more (LPO). In otherwords, if you want to wait for the factory installed shifter it will be on the sticker, If you want your dealer to install it, it won't be on the sticker...I hope I explained that OK.

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 298729)
Why the hell can't they make an announcement like this about ABL? Honest and concise. Was it that hard?

They still think they might be able to get it right? Regardless, you're right. A lot of people at GM may simply see us as bottom line contributors, but beacuse of our dedication, enthusiasm and passion, we 12,000 at least deserve an honest status report so we can prepare for the possible outcomes.

teamlynn1 02-19-2009 07:24 PM

Perhaps there is nothing wrong with ABL and there is no need to announce anything. :chevy::chevy::happyanim:

Quote:

CamaroScotty 02-19-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

I'll have that answer within two weeks. :scared0012:

UCF w00t 02-19-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 298759)
Perhaps there is nothing wrong with ABL and there is no need to announce anything. :chevy::chevy::happyanim:

Then they should tell us that it's OK. Why would they tell dealers as recent as last week that "announcement regarding the availability of ambient lighting in the interior will be made closer to the start of production" if it's all good?

Rodrunner 02-19-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 298759)

That is so illogical. If there's two things we humans love to circulate, it's gossip and good news. No one holds back good news! :rolleyes:

ponycrusher21 02-19-2009 07:44 PM

this is some better news.