Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rough Idle? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280988)

thahemp 03-04-2013 05:07 PM

Rough Idle?
 
I wanted to get your reactions. Does anyone else have a bouncy idle like this? I don't mind it, but it seems a little excessive. It really gets going around 0:18. My phone takes crappy audio...

Mods:
fastlane pipeline intake
vmax ported throttle body
JBA 3" catback
no tune (although I'm pretty sure that's what it needs...)



Crashnburn7 03-04-2013 05:12 PM

Mine does that too, with no mods. I read somewhere it could be the torque management doing that. Tune would take care of that!

thahemp 03-04-2013 05:19 PM

Torque management while it's sitting parked in the garage? That seems like a stretch. Who knows though?

Crashnburn7 03-04-2013 05:33 PM

That was the first thing I noticed when I bought my car. I researched it, and thats what I found. I could be wrong for sure, maybe someone else can chime in. But I can tell you mine does the exact same thing in the garage at idle. I just got my tune from JRE, when I upload it, I can let you know!!

thahemp 03-04-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashnburn7 (Post 6245215)
That was the first thing I noticed when I bought my car. I researched it, and thats what I found. I could be wrong for sure, maybe someone else can chime in. But I can tell you mine does the exact same thing in the garage at idle. I just got my tune from JRE, when I upload it, I can let you know!!

Cool. I would appreciate that. I've already got my tuner too, I just haven't gotten around to using it. I didn't really notice it until I modded, but that makes sense. I seem to have a little squeak that comes from the engine bay around the same time the RPMs dip.

Crashnburn7 03-04-2013 05:40 PM

I do as well, but remember, I have not done any mods, although I bought a CAI intake scoop ect, and a tuner.. wont do anything until its out of the garage (soooon I hope)

thahemp 03-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashnburn7 (Post 6245236)
I do as well, but remember, I have not done any mods, although I bought a CAI intake scoop ect, and a tuner.. wont do anything until its out of the garage (soooon I hope)

I drive mine during the winter. I just had to park it for a week for a double snow storm. That SUUUUCKED. I feel your pain.

CamaroJim56 03-04-2013 06:19 PM

mine does it too, since day 1. 700 miles now.

blufin 03-04-2013 07:02 PM

That's the fairly aggressive cam the car comes with. LS3 right? It's completely normal. They all do it.

PremoDeluxe 03-04-2013 07:02 PM

Mine does it as well think its mormal

thahemp 03-04-2013 07:09 PM

I was thinking it was my intake mods. That fastlane really should have a tune according to Jannetty. This, apparently, isn't a symptom of it though! The other problem I have is best described as a misfire when I stomp the pedal with all of the nannies on. If I turn TC off, it never happens.

litle88 03-04-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blufin (Post 6245546)
That's the fairly aggressive cam the car comes with. LS3 right? It's completely normal. They all do it.

Lol at the fairly aggressive cam.

litle88 03-04-2013 07:31 PM

Hemp don't worry bud. It's ok, mine did it since day one in 2010! Even after it got tuned.

blufin 03-04-2013 07:47 PM

Ok, ok. Mildly aggressive?

:biggrin1:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.