Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   DENVER Invitation - Main Street in Motion... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130928)

Icntdrv55 02-25-2011 08:01 AM

Kdejac@msn.com +1

It would be nice to see the ZL1 here.....just sayin.........

Inferno2SS 02-26-2011 05:53 PM

Sounds like a good excuse to take the cover off her and hit the roads again.

meschwenk 02-27-2011 03:38 PM

Shannon and I are registered for 8:00am. club...ccotr looking forward to breakfast and meeting everybody.

Blue70SS 02-28-2011 08:53 PM

:thumbup:Just registered for Sat. April 30th 8AM and breakfast... CCOTR Garth and Cheri

talon6900 03-01-2011 11:10 AM

Signed up, 8:00am on the 30th, planning on having breakfast as well... now just have to hope that I won't be working that weekend...

angelicsowner 03-01-2011 09:08 PM

CCOTR Dana and I are signed up! Sat @ 8am. We'll be at breakfast as well!

Ruffian118 03-03-2011 03:40 PM

can I change my registration time from 11am to 8am with the rest of ccotr?

Jefe's SS 03-07-2011 10:35 AM

In.

riki3fan 03-26-2011 06:48 PM

All signed up and looking forward to it!

Erika & Eric Lind

PredaKING 03-27-2011 12:00 PM

Me and the wife are signed up. Saturday at 8

Nick Carraway 03-27-2011 04:16 PM

That sounds awesome! Does this event ever visit St. Louis?

gitRdone 04-12-2011 06:55 PM

I'm signed up for the 8am April 30th also

fbodfather 04-19-2011 08:22 AM

Good morning Camaro Comrades, Firebird Friends, and Corvette Cousins.........

When we initially announced a special Saturday Morning Get-together at select Main Street in Motions - we had no way of knowing what direction our industry would head -- and that direction veered off course - very suddenly, I might add......

The recent unimaginable tragedies in Japan have made us all stop and realize just how fragile life can be........and our hearts and prayers go out to the Japanese people and the residents of the areas devastated by the earthquake, resultant tsunami, and the nuclear nightmare that continues to play out.......

What IS true: The automobile industry is STILL trying to determine just how far and wide the work stoppage in Japan will affect everyone.....

For example: Let's assume that we purchase "widgets" from Magna International (the world's largest supplier to the auto industry - based out of Canada.....) What we didn't originally anticipate is that Magna might purchase say, a micro-chip that goes into their "widgets" -- from a supplier in Japan.........and if Magna can't get that micro-chip - they can't ship "widgets" to our assembly plants - and we can't build cars without "widgets".......

Thus - we are already experiencing work stoppages - and we recently sent one of our V.P.s to Japan to study and analyze how this will affect GM.

When a plant stops building vehicles, the revenue stream STOPS - yet expenses continue to flow (at an alarming rate I might add...) and suddenly this big black hole opens up and starts swallowing huge amounts of dollars......

We owe the stockholders (and if you are a citizen of the U.S. or Canada....you still own some stock in GM) the responsibility of controlling costs whereever we can..........

And thus, we were asked to curtail all travel and unnecessary expenses.....

We do NOT see Main Street in Motion as an "unnecessary expense!"-- HOWEVER, we HAVE had to make some hard, fast decisions........

-- and thus I've had to cancel my travel to Denver and the Breakfast Greeting on Saturday morning.

We are STILL holding the full Main Street in Motion Event -

We will STILL offer a special parking space for our Camaro/Corvette/Firebird faithful - so that you will not have to worry about door damage or parking next to someone who does not care about vehicle appearance.

And you will STILL have the opportunity to drive over 100 new GM cars and trucks AS WELL as the competition's cars and trucks!

So - while I know this is disappointing news........we hope you'll understand why we had to take these actions.........and I hope you will join me in sending thoughts and prayers to those who have had their lives turned upside down...............

Please travel safe -- WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS -

ud_lose 04-19-2011 08:36 AM

Thanks Scott. I'm sure everyone will understand.