Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   R.I.P. Chef (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5928)

MerF 08-10-2008 05:33 PM

R.I.P. Chef

Isaac Hayes died at age 65.

Not a good year for celebrities. :cry:

Muscle Master 08-10-2008 05:47 PM

Yo What the hell, another one, whos next, hey my main man upstairs how bout getting rid of bush or bin ladden........Damn

The_Blur 08-10-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 110131)
Yo What the hell, another one, whos next, hey my main man upstairs how bout getting rid of bush or bin ladden........Damn

I'm amazed that no one had any response to this.

I'll take bin Laden dying any day, but that guy deserves so much worse for plotting to kill innocents. He'll have his day, I'm sure. I'm trying to keep my cool right now after just watching Flight 93. I'm certain you guys know what is going through my head about bin Laden.

Bush bothers me even more than usual—not nearly as much as bin Laden—after that movie since apparently he didn't order planes to intercept flight 93 even after he was informed and available to do so. Despite this, as a political scientist and American citizen, I never want to see a president, no matter how sketchy the election or campaign, removed from office by assassination again. It hurts the American image, confidence in the government, and shows enemies that they can get what they want through force. America does not react to force. America reacts to diplomacy and democratic processes. As a democracy, I believe it is Americans who should seek such regime change as presidential impeachment if necessary, but it is never okay for a president to die by force. I don't like Bush, but if someone took him down, I would be honored to fight in his memory.

Mr. Wyndham 08-10-2008 11:44 PM

Um....how about talking about Issac Hayes, huh? Dangerous off-topic we're venturing into, here....

The_Blur 08-10-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 110251)
Um....how about talking about Issac Hayes, huh? Dangerous off-topic we're venturing into, here....

I thought I was walking a tightrope there. :help:

TAG UR IT 08-11-2008 12:49 AM

Yeah. Bush talk stops here. MM, please watch what you bring up, bud. Please and thanks.

And...my response? "Damn. That sucks. Bernie Mac and now Chef?"

The_Blur 08-11-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 110276)
Yeah. Bush talk stops here. MM, please watch what you bring up, bud. Please and thanks.

And...my response? "Damn. That sucks. Bernie Mac and now Chef?"

I started a Bush thread so that people can talk in there. It might help keep things more under control and organized.

On the celebrity note, it's been a horrible week. Remember that Morgan Freeman, one of the best actors ever to walk the Earth, broke his arm in an accident. Who's next? :help:

Myka 08-11-2008 01:34 AM

Isaac was into Scientology; I wonder if Bernie was the same... That may seem like a vague thing to say but I saw something about Katie Holmes having badly bruised hands and we all know Tom is into Scientology.

The_Blur 08-11-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 110289)
Isaac was into Scientology; I wonder if Bernie was the same... That may seem like a vague thing to say but I saw something about Katie Holmes having badly bruised hands and we all know Tom is into Scientology.

Are you saying this is some anti-Scientology conspiracy? :confused0068:

For some reason, this made me think of that South Park where everyone gets in the closet. That was a great episode.

angie1313 08-11-2008 09:41 AM

He left the show because of that episode. he got into an agruement with them about making fun of scientology.

headpunter 08-11-2008 10:02 AM

kinda of a douche considering that he was ok making fun of christian mormons jews catholics muslims and even satanists. but then when they made fun of his church "OH HELL NO" and he left. i think matt and trey got thier revenge in the chef returns episode

what i was amazed about was all the motown songs he had helped write

MerF 08-11-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 110350)
kinda of a douche considering that he was ok making fun of christian mormons jews catholics muslims and even satanists. but then when they made fun of his church "OH HELL NO" and he left. i think matt and trey got thier revenge in the chef returns episode

what i was amazed about was all the motown songs he had helped write

Definitely. Don't mess with two dudes who have absolutely no fear of image and a captive international audience.