Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OHIO CAMARO ENTHUSIASTS/OWNERS REPORT HERE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14560)

IROCanSS 09-13-2011 06:14 PM

;) you got me figured out... damn.

IROCanSS 09-13-2011 06:18 PM

You coming Doug? Maybe bring the 76!?

heinzd01 09-13-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 3749824)
You coming Doug? Maybe bring the 76!?

I'll only bring the 76 if there is little chance of rain.

Arachnyd 09-14-2011 10:12 AM

He said its normally only about 25-35 cars, and it includes free dinner. Not quite sure why its only 25-35 cars, because man, free dinner alone seems like ti would get 1997 honda accords there.

No registration fee, but dash plaques to the first 35.

I dont think they have a problem with multiple cars, but rather "If you have more than one car, why not bring one that's different".

heinzd01 09-14-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo (Post 3752172)
He said its normally only about 25-35 cars, and it includes free dinner. Not quite sure why its only 25-35 cars, because man, free dinner alone seems like ti would get 1997 honda accords there.

No registration fee, but dash plaques to the first 35.

I dont think they have a problem with multiple cars, but rather "If you have more than one car, why not bring one that's different".

When I tried googling for more info, I never found much so it seems it could be advertised better. I didn't see it listed at www.countrycruiser.com which lists lots of shows/cruise-ins. A few pics from 2010. Pics from 2009.

A few weeks ago, I attended a Friday morning/noon car show at a Wilmington business where they provided lunch (hamburgers/hot dogs) and gave a plant tour. They start small years ago and this last show they had 100 vehicles.

heinzd01 09-14-2011 10:49 AM

If anyone is looking to buy an enclosed trailer, I've got one for sale.

masterwinning 09-14-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo (Post 3748395)
MAster- you have a compass?? I used to have a compass... I love those things.

Aybeck- theres no V6er, just an SS... bring it!

I hate the compass, I feel like I should have a boyfriend in the front seat with me. It is definatly a chick car and it ha no ass behind it at all.

@Doug I've got a friend looking for a trailer, I will pass it on to him.

Arachnyd 09-14-2011 01:44 PM

I didn't say it wasn't homosexual... but the car was amazing... best 4x4 system I've used in a car.

mind you its the same platform as the patriot and it was the patriot that I drove as a DD for 2 years. I only drove the compass for 2 months before I let someone else drive it, and that was right when they were brand new, so there was a cool factor.

The new compass looks cool though and I dont think its feminine. I'm guessing yours is pre 2012. Mine was an 07 4x4 sport. Fantastic cloth seats, drove beautifully, great 4x4 system, cvt worked great (could tow a 4k lb boat and still get like 27 MPG), and the active traction management owned snow and ice, all for what we paid was $14k (paid 17k for the patriot). You cant get that kind of 4x4 for 14k!!!!. My patriot was an 07 limited offroad edition,

I'd still own one in a heartbeat if there was more cool factor to them. I'd still love an 07 pat, and I'd definately consider buying like a 8 year old pat in 2014 as a DD, although the major service costs almost $5k, and the 4x4 system is unservicable by yourself, which is going to make it an expensive used car. I wish I would have kept the 07 pat as a DD because it came with a lifetime warranty... urgh...

You can see pics of the compass and offroad edition patriot (FDII- more ground clearance than a jeep wrangler) Here on TSGMP

masterwinning 09-14-2011 02:48 PM

I have a 2010 Jeep Compass 2x4. So it really lacks anything that makes it worth while. The gas mileage is decent, it only toke 30 bucks to fill it up from E.

velociSSimo 09-14-2011 03:15 PM

After the Fall Classic last weekend I got the mod bug itching... debating between 1" drop springs (appearance) or short throw shifter (performance). Any thoughts? Looking at Pedders springs or MGW shifter.

Darth_Emma 09-14-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmat (Post 3753624)
After the Fall Classic last weekend I got the mod bug itching... debating between 1" drop springs (appearance) or short throw shifter (performance). Any thoughts? Looking at Pedders springs or MGW shifter.

I like the springs because, not only do you get the look, you get better performance on the turns.

Arachnyd 09-14-2011 04:33 PM

Not to mention, lets be honest, the camaros got the closest thing to a stock short throw as I've seen at a car in this price point. Have you used the shifter in a mustang?

IROCanSS 09-14-2011 07:29 PM

jmat... Tough call. The stock shifter sucks... but the springs look great and improve the performance... can't swing both?! :sm0: both are well worth the money!

TLSTWIN 09-14-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmat (Post 3753624)

I would do the springs first. They are a double bang for the buck (looks and handling improvement)... Is the MGW shifter the one that replaces a bunch of stuff?