Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Canadian Suppliers? Mods? Similar to US pricing? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396512)

Guelphguy 02-18-2015 12:52 PM

Canadian Suppliers? Mods? Similar to US pricing?

I see all these sponsor deals, ebay and amazon deals. Tire Rack just sent me an email with Rim close-out deals.....then I convert from USD (add 22-23%), then add shipping ..sometimes like $100...then there is always the risk of duties...
No deal anymore!!

What gives!?!? Having Mod Fever and being Canadian sucks!
Looking at exhaust, Rims, and body parts like a ZL1 Hood Insert...all big ticket items, that are hard to ship!

No clue where to get this stuff in Canada without paying $$$$

end of rant.

Caswell239 02-18-2015 01:13 PM

Canadian Suppliers? Mods? Similar to US pricing?

It's simple... You can't.

What drives me mad is when they say free shipping. If a company offers free shipping then there has to be a built in % to the price to be able to do that. Then as a canadian say the shipping is 45$. Then your laying the built in shipping price plus the actual shipping price. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Guelphguy 02-18-2015 01:21 PM

Very true...free to ship anywhere in the US, but pay big $$ to cross the border. I am headed to Florida in March, was going to order a Range Device, and it was $199 w/free ship in the USA...I kinda got impatient so checked...well $20 to ship to Canada...so I thought, that's not bad, I'll order it!
Well it came in and had $48 duties on top of the $20 shipping!!! Dammit...:(
Whereas had I just been patient and picked it up in the US...$199

I think we should all pitch in and get a "Canadian Camaro5 Cube Van" and do part runs into the US!

Outlaw77 02-18-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guelphguy (Post 8241844)
I see all these sponsor deals, ebay and amazon deals. Tire Rack just sent me an email with Rim close-out deals.....then I convert from USD (add 22-23%), then add shipping ..sometimes like $100...then there is always the risk of duties...
No deal anymore!!

What gives!?!? Having Mod Fever and being Canadian sucks!
Looking at exhaust, Rims, and body parts like a ZL1 Hood Insert...all big ticket items, that are hard to ship!

No clue where to get this stuff in Canada without paying $$$$

end of rant.

Man I hear you. I have so many parts I want to get but shipping and the hassles that come with it are just not worth it especially now with the dollar being low.

I would totally be down with the cube van idea!

PistonHead 02-18-2015 01:56 PM

http://www.cbiusa.com/

CBI has fixed all the shipping to Canada problems for me. It's just a quick trip over the border to grab my stuff.

Hope that helps!

Later,
Brad

Merc 02-18-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guelphguy (Post 8241904)
Very true...free to ship anywhere in the US, but pay big $$ to cross the border. I am headed to Florida in March, was going to order a Range Device, and it was $199 w/free ship in the USA...I kinda got impatient so checked...well $20 to ship to Canada...so I thought, that's not bad, I'll order it!
Well it came in and had $48 duties on top of the $20 shipping!!! Dammit...:(
Whereas had I just been patient and picked it up in the US...$199

I think we should all pitch in and get a "Canadian Camaro5 Cube Van" and do part runs into the US!

If they shipped it UPS the $48 was a brokerage fee tacked on by UPS.:mad2:

:thumb:

sstrixx 02-18-2015 09:06 PM

I feel your pain. I wanna get those oracle side markers but they're pricy enough as it is and then add more money for shipping?? On top of it all I wanna buy a new lip too but just seems so ridiculous. I can't even find a rim shop here that has zl1 replicas!! My best bet is to find a zl1 totaled and take the rims!LOL

RickRay 02-18-2015 09:35 PM

If you want body parts look at Acs.. I Get all mine from them.
http://www.acscomposite.com

RickRay 02-18-2015 09:38 PM

Also your not to far from the USA border where there must be a place to get your mods shipped to and just declare at the border and pay the taxes like I do in Montreal

Mikamaro 02-20-2015 01:41 PM

I wish we could order direct from the Oshawa plant or go there and purchase upgrade parts over the counter.
That would be fabulous!
Direct from the Manufacturer...like and Outlet store.
Maybe we will be able with the 5th gen Camaro phasing out... left overs and replacements parts

Ajdin@A2BMotorsport 02-20-2015 04:18 PM

Im working on something for us, its going to take some time but its coming.

PistonHead 02-20-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRay (Post 8243054)
Also your not to far from the USA border where there must be a place to get your mods shipped to and just declare at the border and pay the taxes like I do in Montreal

Post #5.

It's a piece of cake.

Mikamaro 02-20-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PistonHead (Post 8247133)
Post #5.

It's a piece of cake.

It's still a pain in the ...

desieng 02-20-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz1LE (Post 8247013)
Im working on something for us, its going to take some time but its coming.

You gotta give us more details than that :pop2: