Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Revenge of the fallen (Spoiler Alert!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT!!!) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29072)

manimsoblack 06-24-2009 02:25 AM

Revenge of the fallen (Spoiler Alert!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT!!!)

Just got home from seeing it and i must say Optimus Prime is the biggest badass in the history of all badassery. He's like the mutant spawn of the Spartans, Neo, Chuck Norris and Vassilis Paleokostas. Movie was awesome. After seeing it moving I've grown to like the Stingray concept. Everyone should see this movie.

Supermans 06-24-2009 02:41 AM

SPoiler alert...Do not read my post if you haven't seen the movie..

I have to say after watching it, that I liked the first movie soo much more than this one.. It is full of plot holes it isn't even funny. Hoe the heck did the parents just drop into the action in Egypt out of nowhere? Why the goofy autobots protecting Sam instead of Ironhide and Sideswipe after Optimus dies? The fight scene with Optimus where he dies was the best part of the whole movie, however almost everything else was in my opinion very poor writing.. Also, the moment after Shia is transported to Egypt, he instantly has the bandage over his hand and it doesn't show how he gets hurt? The humanized girl robot was pretty cool I have to admit and was a clear homage to the Terminator movies and Species.. Ultimately I was disappointed by this movie as you can tell.. And why ohh why is Optimus the only one that could kill that robot? He just punched the guy robot to death without using any special weapons. bumblebee crying like a little girl..The old robot farting a parachute...I can go on and on.. The humping gay dogs were funny the first time it was shown but to use the gag that many times..Oh well..

For the first movie, it was more realistic and believable. This one you have to really suspend disbelief and common sense.. I have to imagine the parents got into a Transporter like on Star Trek or borrowed from the Fly to get to the middle of the desert in Egypt..

JewelZ 06-24-2009 02:43 AM

I was so close to watching it bootleg... than I saw this post, so I'm waiting... ughhh

Epitaph 06-24-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 614807)

I have to say after watching it, that I liked the first movie soo much more than this one.. It is full of plot holes it isn't even funny. Hoe the heck did the parents just drop into the action in Egypt out of nowhere? Why the goofy autobots protecting Sam instead of Ironhide and Sideswipe after Optimus dies? The fight scene with Optimus where he dies was the best part of the whole movie, however almost everything else was in my opinion very poor writing.. Also, the moment after Shia is transported to Egypt, he instantly has the bandage over his hand and it doesn't show how he gets hurt? The humanized girl robot was pretty cool I have to admit and was a clear homage to the Terminator movies and Species.. Ultimately I was disappointed by this movie as you can tell.. And why ohh why is Optimus the only one that could kill that robot? He just punched the guy robot to death without using any special weapons. bumblebee crying like a little girl..The old robot farting a parachute...I can go on and on.. The humping gay dogs were funny the first time it was shown but to use the gag that many times..Oh well..

For the first movie, it was more realistic and believable. This one you have to really suspend disbelief and common sense.. I have to imagine the parents got into a Transporter like on Star Trek or borrowed from the Fly to get to the middle of the desert in Egypt..

************************************************** *************************** SPOILER ALERT ************************************************** ***********************

Parents were picked up when they were in Paris, right after eating. Remember the phone call w/ the Decepticon calling Sam's parents?

It wasn't just the 2 goofy Autobots...it was Bumble Bee as well. The rest were at the military base w/ Prime.

Sam had the bandage because his dumb-ass was drinking & driving in real life. It was stupid that they didn't explain something in the story line.

Prime was the only one that could kill it because he was the only one that was strong enough, you ever notice that he's the biggest one?

I agree, not much of a story line...but I love action, and seeing things blow up. They could have thrown more fight scenes in there & I would have loved them.

manimsoblack 06-24-2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 614807)

I have to say after watching it, that I liked the first movie soo much more than this one.. It is full of plot holes it isn't even funny. Hoe the heck did the parents just drop into the action in Egypt out of nowhere?
The Decepticons kidnapped them when the attacked Paris

Why the goofy autobots protecting Sam instead of Ironhide and Sideswipe after Optimus dies?
Ironhide and sideswipe were busy holding of the Decepticons, Optimus hurt them bad but they were still mobile. Those goofy lil bastards couldn't have handled it

The fight scene with Optimus where he dies was the best part of the whole movie, however almost everything else was in my opinion very poor writing..
Agreed but like Fox said Michael Bay movies aren't so much about good acting and a riveting plot they're about fights, shootouts and explosions. Though IMO there way WAY too much comic relief

Also, the moment after Shia is transported to Egypt, he instantly has the bandage over his hand and it doesn't show how he gets hurt?
When he's on the ground when he first "gets spit out" (i dunno what that was all about) You can see him grimace and his hand is bloody
The humanized girl robot was pretty cool I have to admit and was a clear homage to the Terminator movies and Species..
That she was, though it makes you wonder why more Decepticons didn't pose as humans :iono:
Ultimately I was disappointed by this movie as you can tell.. And why ohh why is Optimus the only one that could kill that robot? He just punched the guy robot to death without using any special weapons.
Because the Primes, which the Fallen was one, are like the royal family of the Bots, so they're more powerful. The others couldn't even handle Megatron and that guy was Megatrons boss.

bumblebee crying like a little girl..The old robot farting a parachute...I can go on and on.. The humping gay dogs were funny the first time it was shown but to use the gag that many times..Oh well..
Agreed WAY too much comic relief

For the first movie, it was more realistic and believable. This one you have to really suspend disbelief and common sense..
I didn't think it was THAT bad, but too each their own

I have to imagine the parents got into a Transporter like on Star Trek or borrowed from the Fly to get to the middle of the desert in Egypt..
Parents were in Paris
Decepticon attached to the satellite called her and traced them
Decepticons then attacked Paris
???
Egypt

[/end spoilers]

manimsoblack 06-24-2009 03:33 AM

damn got beat

Kyle2k 06-24-2009 03:58 AM

where you so tired from a midnight showing that you didn't pay attention supermans? lol...

Supermans 06-24-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manimsoblack (Post 614847)
[/end spoilers]

Thanks for the explanations.. I will be watching the movie again as my wife and best friend want to go see it on the 4th of July weekend.. I've read many of the reviews and have to disagree with all of them about John Turturo's acting.. I think he was the best part of the whole movie besides the Optimus fights.. The decepticons kidnapped the parents in Paris and brought them to Egypt however I forget how they were let go or rescued.. It just seemed like they appeared out of nowhere running towards a wounded Sam..

manimsoblack 06-24-2009 05:14 AM

[spoilers]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 614865)
Thanks for the explanations.. I will be watching the movie again as my wife and best friend want to go see it on the 4th of July weekend.. I've read many of the reviews and have to disagree with all of them about John Turturo's acting.. I think he was the best part of the whole movie besides the Optimus fights.. The decepticons kidnapped the parents in Paris and brought them to Egypt however I forget how they were let go or rescued.. It just seemed like they appeared out of nowhere running towards a wounded Sam..

when they saw sam and makela running toward the autobots one of the decepticons said "spring the trap" and the other (looked like a bulldozer) set them free.

[/end spoilers x2]

TaylorRyanSS 06-24-2009 05:41 AM

I just got back and it was amazing!! there were too many funny scenes though and it wasnt as intense as the first one but all the action was awesomeeee!! Transformers 3 summer 2011 :D

twenty7 06-24-2009 06:10 AM

wow. just wow. all in all... it was AMAZING. not quite to the quality of the first, but i thought it was more intense. plus it was genuinely funny and had waaay more robot fighting action. and awesome cars.
all in all i loved it. i'm going up to minneapolis to see it in the imax tomorrow. :happyanim:

Mayhem 06-24-2009 07:01 AM

Transformers 2 review.....(spoiler alert)

Be Forewarned !! You may not want to read this if you have not yet seen the movie?

I realize not a lot of people have seen it yet..

Am I the only one that thinks it was extremely poorly written/directed and non-satisfactory?

Dialogue was SUPER cheesey, the humor was really lame minus a few circumstantial funnies that were actually funny.

I DID like the movie, despite what you might assume from my comments. But really the only things I like about the movie is the visual artists work... the animation, the people who animated, created the concepts, and created the skins and everything else... I am probably more appreciative than the average viewer because I do have a background in animation so I know more of what's going on with that work..... (I also have a background in acting though) I don't claim to be any better... but i hate seeing poop actors in big movies just because they got their big break and made all the right friends and because todays teenagers love them.

I hate to say it but I'd rather have seen the film done without any real people in it. Give me some CGI completely fictational people and focus on the robots. I paid to see transformers transforming and kicking ass, and a camaro. Not sweet valley high with robots in the back ground. I love movies, and I am a fan of animation and the OLD transformers.. Yes the Camaro looks HOT but not enough to make a movie a good movie.

Shia the beef and Megan Dog (yesss I am being harsh, but they don't do anything for a potentially epic story). are both terrible terrible actors. Shia I swear.. is one of those single identity actors that only plays one character in all his movies. the same frantic talk too fast always breaking a sweat panic every second on screen cluts that just happens to be persistant enough to man up when the situation calls for it.

Melodrama is way over the top in this movie... THANKS MICHAEL BAY. I dunno, as an 80's kid, growing up with the GOOD cartoons, and the GOOD tv shows... and the GOOD comics and toys... I'm a little frustrated at it turning into Ohh lets blow the melodrama out of proportion and give Sam and his girlfriend too much screen time, and not enough ROBOT screen time. TRANSFORMING screen time.

Megan..... I hate to say it but I don't think she's aging well..... I thought she was hotter in the first one... She's still attractive don't get me wrong but I think the down hill has already begun or maybe just shitty directing/make-up..
Anyway I have no doubt whatsoever that some people will still think she's hot as hell... I guess I just have different taste.. (again I don't deny she's attractive) but mehh...

Megan lost my respect when she said "camshaft" and when they show her in "the pose" painting. I dunno. Yes that's bad script and bad directing choices but she's not far off in reality.

Anyways, despite all this, I love movies... andddd I will say that I don't regret going to see it, because its transformers.. with a Camaro in it. Because you do get to see some kick ass robots kicking ass.

Decent movie. But Michael Bay is not capable of realizing the potential of transformers. Bad call letting him get his paws on Transformers. Good call on GM's behalf for getting involved. The camaro got way better screen time this time imo.. Enough that you could easily market a Bumble Bee movie just based off of the audience reactions and all the gimics/toys hype around his character. (GM Know's this but is handling it poorly as of yet)

Also tasteless was I think the use of profanity in this movie.. It was really kiddy and got laughs out of teenagers and kids.... and "certain" adults. But it was kinda lame that the whole point of profanity in this movie was to TRY and get people to laugh..... I have nothing against profanity but that is probably the first time I just thought it was a bit akward. It was like trying to watch someone try way too hard to be "cool" infront of EVERYONE... And it not going very well.. (That's what this movie felt like to me).

Hopefully better script/direction/story line for future sequels.

Supermans 06-24-2009 07:30 AM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29072

Supermans 06-24-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manimsoblack (Post 614880)
[spoilers]

when they saw sam and makela running toward the autobots one of the decepticons said "spring the trap" and the other (looked like a bulldozer) set them free.

[/end spoilers x2]

OK, I missed that line of dialogue then..lol..I guess the trap didn't work out very well then..

They really made this one for the kids.. It is not meant for adults to enjoy as much in my opinion.. Perhaps Transformers 3 will have a better storyline.. So far this one goes as the way of a "bad sequel" instead of a great sequel like Star Trek II, Terminator 2 or Empire Strikes Back, or evenTemple of Doom.. Transformers 2 ranks up there with Ghostbusters 2 in my opinion..