Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Procedure for missing ZL1 certificates.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307012)

fbodfather 07-12-2013 08:22 AM

Procedure for missing ZL1 certificates....

Good morning, Camaro Comrades!

On behalf of everyone at Team Camaro, we hope you're enjoying your new ZL1 and we sincerely hope that you've found that it's the best car you've ever owned.

As you probably know, we created a special welcome letter and owner document for buyers of NEW Camaro ZL1s within the United States.

In some cases, owners of New ZL1s have not received these documents for one of several reasons:

1. The owner has previously requested not to receive the welcome letter and owner document from General Motors. (the procedure below will allow you to receive the documents)

2. The owner has changed addresses -- or -- there is an error in the mailing address given to Chevrolet (the procedure below will allow you to receive the documents)

3. The owner is not the original owner -- (you are not eligible for the documents)

4. The owner lives outside of the United States…(thereby not allowing us a method to capture the information for the documents -- thus you are not eligible for the documents)

5. The owner has purchased a 'Gray market' automobile. (…purchased in one country and then shipped to another - therefore you are not eligible for the documents)

Chevrolet does not publicize this program; rather, it is intended to be a 'plus' - a surprise, if you will. We're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience....and the procedure below will allow you to receive the documents if, in fact, you are eligible.

Again, we thank you for choosing Chevrolet and specifically, Camaro.

In Camaro Comradeship –

“Team Camaro”

PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR CAMARO ZL1 DOCUMENTATION:

If you have purchased a NEW Camaro ZL1 and are eligible (based on the notes above) - and you took delivery more than 6 weeks ago and have not yet received your ZL1 Personalized Documentation:

Please send an email to:

YourChevroletOwnerCenterTeam@gm.com

Please include your NAME, ADDRESS, VIN, and TRANSMISSION TYPE.

In the subject line – please type: "ZL1 Certificate Request"

We capture this information every two weeks -- (on a Thursday) The information will be sent over to Program Headquarters and a Certificate and letter will be prepared for you and sent to your mailing address. Please allow approximately two weeks for delivery.

(…..Visit www.gm.com/privacy to view the GM Privacy Statement…..)

FINALLYSATISFIED 07-12-2013 08:25 AM

I'm #3, :faint:

Bargeratt 07-12-2013 08:34 AM

Are you talking about the generic card that just adds your vin?

The Stig 07-12-2013 08:44 AM

:thumbsup: thanks for posting this Scott. Going to see if we can sticky this!

Ladykiller 07-12-2013 09:00 AM

Mine came in the mail, albeit damaged. Is there any way to get a new one?

URBAN LEGEND 07-12-2013 09:10 AM

Thanks. Ill request mine.

BaylorCamaro 07-19-2013 04:20 PM

I purchased my ZL1 on 7/6/13 so I'm assuming I don't need to apply for it?

MichaelH 07-19-2013 04:52 PM

Nope I bought mine two days after you. Will probably get them in a few weeks

URBAN LEGEND 07-19-2013 05:33 PM

Mine came in last week. About 4 weeks after purchase.

350 HRSS 07-19-2013 06:04 PM

Never received mine either. Purchased it new in 2012 and was #194. Will send email, thanks!

The Stig 07-20-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro (Post 6797920)
I purchased my ZL1 on 7/6/13 so I'm assuming I don't need to apply for it?

It doesn't hurt to reapply, I'd hate for you to think you're good and two months down the the road and be like WTH

GUINNESS 07-21-2013 02:03 PM

I didn't read everything fully till after I emailed. So I have only had the car about a week when I emailed. Albeit the phone call I received was disconcerting. An Indian man with a heavy accent called and stated he had no clue what my email was about and never heard of this certificate. I read the OP's message above to him and he stated that he would look into it and contact me back last Mon at 6 Pm EST. GM's ability to keep everyone up to date in their company is obviously working well. Especially in the overseas "customer service" Never heard back either. LOL
It made me cringe as I thought back to all the times I've had to deal with over seas customer service.

RLHMARINES 07-22-2013 07:18 AM

I received my certificate this past Saturday after sending in my info after reading this post.

RedWingsZL1 07-22-2013 07:53 AM

Ordered car in March, picked up car in May, certs arrived in June. Thanks for the tips for those who weren't so fortunate and thanks for all the hard work!