Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   New Car Smell (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32897)

The Dark Knight 07-17-2009 10:26 AM

New Car Smell

I love that new car smell...and I know everyone does too. I hate putting those fruity air fresheners in cars.

I have made the mistake of picking up food and driving in the G8 home. I've had fast food, pizza, King Taco (Mexican food) etc in the car...NO EATING THOUGH...just carry out and has kinda killed the new car smell in the car.

I was wondering if you guys know where I could find "legit" new car smell fresheners. I used to have a friend who worked at a dealer and would hook me up...but I lost contact with him.

I know we got salesmen in here that might let us in where they buy it and stuff...any help would be appreciated!

DDustiNN 07-17-2009 10:30 AM

I would like this as well. I have refused to pick up food with my Camaro so far. I drive the Fusion to go get pizza and stuff, because I wanted that new car smell to stay as long as possible ;)

I'm hoping to sell it soon though, so the Camaro will be my only car and I still want to keep that smell!

If I recall correctly, one guy I know (Banshee on here) said that the Zaino leather cleaner gives you this smell. I haven't tried it yet.

Nova65 07-17-2009 10:31 AM

you have to get one of those "bee-otch" air fresheners that everyone speaks highly of

Tecca 07-17-2009 10:31 AM

Moose 07-17-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teccboxx (Post 690983)
Griots had something when I was flipping through there catalog, I am going to stick with the Zaino leather cleaner/conditioner

:word:

While it's not exactly the "new car smell", the Zaino leather product's, beside's doing a great job at cleaning and protecting, leave a great smell, similar to new leather. :cool:

ozman2005 07-17-2009 11:06 AM

Yep, Zaino Leather Cleaner & Zaino Leather Conditioner are the best products I've used. Been using them for several years and haven't found anything else that works as well or smells as good.

And go buy a $500 beater for food pick up :D

hb-rocks 07-17-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 691129)

While it's not exactly the "new car smell", the Zaino leather product's, beside's doing a great job at cleaning and protecting, leave a great smell, similar to new leather. :cool:

mmmmmmmm Zaino Smell..... love it!

D1BADZ 07-17-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 691129)

yup, i cleaned and moistured my seats yesterday with the zaino leather products and it gave it a little spark, alot of that new car smell seems to come from the leather i think

69 rs/ss 07-17-2009 11:15 AM

I use Yankee Candle Leather Car Jar. Car smells really good.

Thrillz 07-19-2009 07:54 AM

Dont need that stuff for my cars. I clean the interior of my car with ice total interior weekly car smells great.

Icefsh 07-19-2009 01:38 PM

Ditto. Just used the Turtle ice interoir, almost like new car.

Li0nel1234 07-19-2009 09:22 PM

Zaino's Leather in a bottle is just that... it smells like leather in a bottle. It's amazing. I applied it to my seats with my hands.
haha

Indpowr 07-19-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1BADZ (Post 691146)
yup, i cleaned and moistured my seats yesterday with the zaino leather products and it gave it a little spark, alot of that new car smell seems to come from the leather i think

Then my wife car will smell great...LOL

and yes we will be going through GALLONS of Zanio once she gets her car plus mine...LOL

Rtoups 07-19-2009 10:01 PM

Zaino, in addition to making fantastic products, engineer some fantastic smells. I'm addicted to the smell of the gloss enhancer.

A funny story about car cleaners and smells. I read on a detailing forum somewhere about a guy who was detailing a car for a show, and all of the sudden, the car became COVERED in bugs, just swarming on the thing. It turns out bugs like clean cars too!