Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Attention getting stories of your ZL1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249776)

z28-conv 09-12-2012 09:05 PM

Attention getting stories of your ZL1

I was just wandering, there are alot of ZL1 owners out there. Does anyone have any great stories of driving around town, going to a car show, or running an errand in your car and people stopping you to talk to you about your car? I am sure there probably are a lot of great stories out there. Does anyone want to share your story with us?

stardok 09-12-2012 11:57 PM

Hey, I get thumbs up just for my ZL1 shirt and hat! Best story: Coming home from Lake Arrowhead first weekend I had my car. "Accidently" got it up to 90 MPH on I-210. Got home 30 mins later and an LAPD helicopter was circling my house (weird because its CHP and LACO Sheriff area) Thought for sure i was getting an "aerial "ticket". After making about 6 passes over my house the copter loudspeaker comes on: "nice car man" and he takes off. Bow tie or die!

Zee-Ell-One 09-13-2012 12:57 AM

Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....

Npplchamp05 09-13-2012 01:11 AM

those are 2 great stories! haha

Bad@ssCamaro 09-13-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One (Post 5569030)
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....

:headbang:

NASTY99Z28 09-13-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Pics of hot chick or it didn't happen...:confused0068:

GhostPanther 09-13-2012 05:13 AM

Bumblebee

When I was in Invermere a few weeks back, I pulled up to one of the main stop signs in town where a 5 year old boy and his mother were waiting to cross. He took one look at the car, grabbed his mothers by the pant leg, pointed at my car and said "look mommy, its Bumblebee. On a side note I have the all black ZL1. Sharp eye young man.

Maxspeed 09-13-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 (Post 5569230)
Pics of hot chick TOPLESS or it didn't happen...:confused0068:

FIFY :thumbup:

Drew P 09-13-2012 06:43 AM

Driving home 20 minutes after purchase from dealership - I was on the interstate and had just tested the speed of the car "slightly" above the speed limit. Not 30 seconds later a cop car pulls along side my driver's side. The two cops in the car just stare blank faced at me for what seems a lifetime. Im going to jail - i know it. Then, they both grin and give me a thumbs-up and drive away. True story.

Diseased Yak 09-13-2012 08:26 AM

I've only had my ZL1 for ~5 days, but so far I've had a parked motorcycle cop give me a thumbs up as I drove by, and a Camaro SS owner nearly rear-end the car in front of him as he hardcore gawked at me going by.

b_williams_82 09-13-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 (Post 5569230)
Pics of hot chick or it didn't happen...:confused0068:

Agreed!! Haha

1MtnGoat 09-13-2012 09:00 AM

About two weeks after I got the car I was out driving at dusk on the way to the gas station and came onto a license check. I gave the officer my license and as he looks it over the other officers circle my car with flashlights checking it out. The first officer hands me my license back and says "all is good you may go." As I slowly pulled away not trying to make too much noise I hear one of them say "that's sweet." On the way home a few minutes later the check is still going on. As I pulled up they gave me the thumbs up and waived me on.

z28-conv 09-13-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardok (Post 5568909)
Hey, I get thumbs up just for my ZL1 shirt and hat! Best story: Coming home from Lake Arrowhead first weekend I had my car. "Accidently" got it up to 90 MPH on I-210. Got home 30 mins later and an LAPD helicopter was circling my house (weird because its CHP and LACO Sheriff area) Thought for sure i was getting an "aerial "ticket". After making about 6 passes over my house the copter loudspeaker comes on: "nice car man" and he takes off. Bow tie or die!

That is really Cool! Thanks for sharing!:w00t:

z28-conv 09-13-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

SWEEEEEET!!:headbang: