Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE diablo sport tune. Car taking longer to start (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310103)

Lio Martinez 07-30-2013 02:37 AM

1LE diablo sport tune. Car taking longer to start

So I got my car back from Turbonetics yesterday and I notice that when I put the key on the ignition and turn it on it takes longer for the car to turn on.... I will say almost twice as long as it originally did .

We used a new tune from Diablo sport... A friend told me that he read somewhere that is normal for some cars with tunes to go they this same issue but that it won't affect the car!!!

Is that true!!? Is it bad for the car to take longer to start !?

Besides that the kit is amazing

Synner 07-30-2013 04:59 AM

Its normal for some cars with tunes because some tuners suck.

Trentin24 07-30-2013 05:29 AM

It could be the cars computer just checking everything before it starts up? Cars are too smart and tunes make them smarter haha. Can you set it back to factory and see if it takes half the time? Then set It back.

Dropspeed 07-30-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 6836979)
We used a new tune from Diablo sport...

By reading the above can we assume this car was not tuned on the Dyno by a "tuner" and Turbonetics used a flash?

If the above is correct, that is a huge red flag as Diablo/Turbonectics are using educated guesses on a vehicle/kit they are trying to develop (based on your comments below)....

Now, if it was tuned on a dyno and you just meant New Tune using Diablo Sport that is different but you should take it back for some tweaks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 6801029)

And a special thanks to Sales Manager Reggie Wynn for allowing my car to be R&D for their kit. And Jhame & Rodolfo the engineers that have worked on my car. nd the rest of the Tnetics crew...

My concern is based on another comment you made in a different thread above.......If they are using your 1LE for R&D they should be thanking you and making sure everything is 100% before they give it back to you.....If that is not the case you need to discuss this with them.

Matt

Southern Comfort 07-30-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 6836979)
So I got my car back from Turbonetics yesterday and I notice that when I put the key on the ignition and turn it on it takes longer for the car to turn on.... I will say almost twice as long as it originally did .

We used a new tune from Diablo sport... A friend told me that he read somewhere that is normal for some cars with tunes to go they this same issue but that it won't affect the car!!!

Is that true!!? Is it bad for the car to take longer to start !?

Besides that the kit is amazing

Do you mean it takes twice as long to engage the starter or you have to crank it twice as long as before?

I know one member that has has to crank it way more than twice as long. HPS installed and tuned his front mount T67, so my guess is it remain this way until he pays someone else to tune it.

Lio Martinez 07-30-2013 10:29 AM

It takes longer to engage to start!

Lio Martinez 07-30-2013 02:34 PM

Ok so the car started normally this mornig... Weird but happy is back to normal

ken53007 07-30-2013 04:57 PM

I have the same problem with mine but I think its my tune