Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   San Antonio Police Officer Killed in the Line of Duty Today (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650)

TAG UR IT 09-22-2007 02:40 AM

San Antonio Police Officer Killed in the Line of Duty Today

It was a very, very sad day for us today. We lost one of our own. I did not personally know him. But, he was "family." :brokenheart:

http://www.woai.com/content/news/new...c-736c8a41b4a6

1bad67camaro 09-22-2007 03:03 AM

:brokenheart: thats very sad GOD help his family may he rest in peace

KILLER74Z28 09-22-2007 03:25 AM

A sad day indeed... RIP Hero...

Moose 09-22-2007 06:42 AM

:( Thoughts and prayers go out for him and his family.

Stay safe out there Tag! ;)

Eisenhower 09-22-2007 11:24 AM

Sad news indeed...

Says that Det. Moreno was part of the Repeat Offender Program serving a warrant when this whole thing happened. Repeat Offender Program??? Why is there even such a thing? Seems that if the courts would stop letting these people out so they can continue to repeat their offense(s), that this might not even have happened. Maybe this nation needs to adopt California's three strike program, that'll eliminate a Repeat Offender Program.

TAG UR IT 09-22-2007 11:49 AM

^AMEN TO THAT! ROP is a sweeeeet part of the dept. You get to pretty much do what you want. You don't have to worry about appearance at all. You can shave your head, get tats, wear earrings, grow a goatee, wear peckerhead clothes, etc.

I've run across them on serveral occassions as backup and let me tell you, you'd lock your door if you pulled up next to them at a light (some of them). But, these guys are great.

And yes, if the courts would have done their jobs properly the first time out, meaning they keep them in, then maybe occurrances like these will happen less frequently.

But, these ROP guys are increadible at what they do. This was just a horrible thing. I feel so bad for his wife and two kids. I just couldn't imagine. But, thank God I just bought all that life insurance. The house, the car, the kids college educations, etc will all be paid for if something happens to me. I pray everyday nothing does...but....

Eisenhower 09-22-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 24294)
I feel so bad for his wife and two kids. I just couldn't imagine. But, thank God I just bought all that life insurance. The house, the car, the kids college educations, etc will all be paid for if something happens to me. I pray everyday nothing does...but....

Not to get too far O/T but... You ever think about getting into some other line of work? ...for your kid's sake? Especially when you see and hear stuff like this?

Jak 09-22-2007 03:05 PM

His wife and children have my deepest condolences. It's a terrible loss.

But I'm also glad the sumbag excon was killed, no wasted money on a trial for the piece of garbage.

Mr. Wyndham 09-22-2007 03:53 PM

Sorry to hear that, TAG. Sucks when people who shouldn't have guns get ahold of one. Hero, indeed. I don't know many people who would run after a suspect armed with a shotgun - whether it's their job or not. :clap:

I am glad the fool was taken down though. Keep safe TAG, you still got to buy a 5th gen, oaky? ;)

TAG UR IT 09-22-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower (Post 24296)
Not to get too far O/T but... You ever think about getting into some other line of work? ...for your kid's sake? Especially when you see and hear stuff like this?

Nope. This is all I've ever wanted to do. My grandfather did it. My dad did it. My brother does it. I do it. It's hard to explain. I guess I should say, It's in my nature. Read my sig just below my pic in red.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jak (Post 24308)
His wife and children have my deepest condolences. It's a terrible loss.

But I'm also glad the sumbag excon was killed, no wasted money on a trial for the piece of garbage.

Exactly. None of our tax dollars going to pay for his jail, commissary, attorney fees, or court costs. It's done.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 24316)
Sorry to hear that, TAG. Sucks when people who shouldn't have guns get ahold of one. Hero, indeed. I don't know many people who would run after a suspect armed with a shotgun - whether it's their job or not. :clap:

I am glad the fool was taken down though. Keep safe TAG, you still got to buy a 5th gen, oaky? ;)

I do my best to stay safe always. My main goal at the end of the night is to GO HOME.

Mr. Wyndham 09-22-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 24340)
Nope. This is all I've ever wanted to do. My grandfather did it. My dad did it. My brother does it. I do it. It's hard to explain. I guess I should say, It's in my nature. Read my sig just below my pic in red.

That is what's important. Honestly, I can say that's why I'm going into teaching. I want to help shape our young people. Help make the younger generation a better one. There's no reason that School should be a drag and therefore not encourage you to learn.

You ever hear "knowlege is power"?

IMO, lack of knowlege is just a manifestation, and/or side effect of that 'evil' in your sig, TAG. So I'm going to try and do something about it. :thumbsup:

Raven 09-24-2007 08:41 PM

Damn, man, that sucks. :( Sorry to hear about the "family's" loss. Stay safe out there...SA is a crazy town and I applaud what you do and think it's very cool that you love (almost) every moment of it.