Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   A little confusion regarding GMPP supsension licensing... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113756)

radz28 11-02-2010 09:04 AM

A little confusion regarding GMPP supsension licensing...

Okay - I'll come right out and admit these two companies are in my top five vendors in our Community. I'm SUPER-happy that I've seen GMPP licensing for both of them :clap::headbang::bow::respekt: and I'm confused:

Does GMPP actually license more than one company like this? I mean, I haven't noticed this in the past, so I'm just confused. Is Pfadt strickly listed under "racing" and Pedders for "enthusiast/street"? I'm just lost.

I've very excited to see these developments for two vendors who participate here so much and go out of their way to educate Members like my :respekt::respekt::respekt:

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-02-2010 09:11 AM

Maybe the wave of the future? :iono: Instead of GM making the parts themselves they let other established companies do it and certify them. I heard that Airaid was the company making GM's new CAI. When I PM'd Airaid, they told me they could not comment on this. No confirmation or denial.

axis 11-02-2010 02:27 PM

Has anyone actually seen the Pedders stuff listed by GM? I've talked to my friend, and dealer, and he couldn't find them. Don't know if it's up and comming or if it fell through. Just wondering as I haven't heard anything since their first post about it.

Milk 1027 11-02-2010 03:05 PM

They are using both companies.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113701

radz28 11-02-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 2508399)

AH!!! I missed that :D

camaro4mybday 11-03-2010 08:40 PM

Seeing that I just spoke with pete and mr pedder him self today for an hour today pedders is an offically licensed gmpp product and will be in the catalog. Since pete is out at sema he can't respond to the posting but I assure you when he gets back to his computer some very interestings will come out and pedders will be in certain gm vehicles that are r spec but ill let him share all the details

DMSDesign 11-04-2010 10:25 AM

Ron Pedder is a great man. I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet him.

mike
dms

camaro4mybday 11-04-2010 11:27 AM

Yeh mike he is great man I really enjoyed my time with him and pete I wonder if pete's face hurt from his permagriln

PfadtRacing 11-04-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2507311)
Okay - I'll come right out and admit these two companies are in my top five vendors in our Community. I'm SUPER-happy that I've seen GMPP licensing for both of them :clap::headbang::bow::respekt: and I'm confused:

Does GMPP actually license more than one company like this? I mean, I haven't noticed this in the past, so I'm just confused. Is Pfadt strickly listed under "racing" and Pedders for "enthusiast/street"? I'm just lost.

I've very excited to see these developments for two vendors who participate here so much and go out of their way to educate Members like my :respekt::respekt::respekt:

Well, I can certainly see why would would have questions about it. Seemingly, you would think that developing strategic relationships in business you would start to align with specific groups of companies that work well together (and therefore not work with competitors). The benefit here is that GM is big enough to be able to call the shots when it comes to what they want.

Companies with GMs expertise and stature do not have to necessarily be exclusive with licensing products; they recognize that many companies can play strategic roles in projects they work on (even if they are competitors on a couple of products).

GMPP is an important part of GMs overall branding and marketing, as well as being a successful catalogue for customers to turn to for build parts. So in our circumstance, we were thrilled when GM called us to involve us on every aspect of the suspension in the SSX project. They conveyed to us that it was important that they put their best foot forward and offer a complete, engineered and developed package for racing. The fact that they were targeting a Camaro AND Corvette project for SEMA played well into highlighting our components as we have been racing similar set ups for quite some time. This is in addition to all of our engineering and development being done in the United States in-house. This was important due to this not being a one-off component being installed, rather it was a comprehensive array of upgrades for GMPP licensing that need to work together.

How other manufactures develop their own relationship with GMPP is beyond us, as we can only speak for our own experience. The point is that they know there is a time and place to work with strategic partners on projects where the best aspects of said companies will be highlighted.

We have nothing but the utmost gratitude for Dr. Jamie Meyer and everyone at GMPP for involving us on these FANTASTIC builds.

As many of you said before, the customer is the real winner in all of this. :thumbup:

radz28 11-04-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 2516088)
Well, I can certainly see why would would have questions about it. Seemingly, you would think that developing strategic relationships in business you would start to align with specific groups of companies that work well together (and therefore not work with competitors). The benefit here is that GM is big enough to be able to call the shots when it comes to what they want.

Companies with GMs expertise and stature do not have to necessarily be exclusive with licensing products; they recognize that many companies can play strategic roles in projects they work on (even if they are competitors on a couple of products).

GMPP is an important part of GMs overall branding and marketing, as well as being a successful catalogue for customers to turn to for build parts. So in our circumstance, we were thrilled when GM called us to involve us on every aspect of the suspension in the SSX project. They conveyed to us that it was important that they put their best foot forward and offer a complete, engineered and developed package for racing. The fact that were targeting a Camaro AND Corvette project for SEMA played well into highlighting our components as we have been racing similar set ups for quite some time. This is in addition to all of our engineering and development being done in the United States in-house. This was important due to this not being a one-off component being installed, rather it was a comprehensive array of upgrades for GMPP licensing that need to work together.

How other manufactures develop their own relationship with GMPP is beyond us, as we can only speak for our own experience. The point is that they know there is a time and place to work with strategic partners on projects where the best aspects of said companies will be highlighted.

We have nothing but the utmost gratitude for Dr. Jamie Meyer and everyone at GMPP for involving us on these FANTASTIC builds.

As many of you said before, the customer is the real winner in all of this. :thumbup:

Thanks Aaron (assuming that was you, lol). It kinda' sounds like I may have been close, perhaps, in my assumptions. Again - I'm most glad both companies are going to be featured in the catalog for all of us to feel confident in our purchases. :clap::drinking::respekt: