Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10010)

PYROLYSIS 11-25-2008 08:34 PM

Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years

Chevys given us a lot to choose from this year. Being that this years choices are almost set in stone, what changes would you like to see to current options or packages. And suggestions for completely new packages for the next model year.

I would like to see a police service package added, and would like to see performace upgrades included with the possible '12 anniversary package.

zebra 11-25-2008 08:35 PM

please don't say Z28 or ZL1!

personally, i'd like to see ambient lighting as an a-la-carte option and non-power seats in the SS

Rogue Leader 11-25-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 201662)
Chevys given us a lot to choose from this year. Being that this years choices are almost set in stone, what changes would you like to see to current options or packages. And suggestions for completely new packages for the next model year.

I would like to see a police service package added, and would like to see performace upgrades included with the possible '12 anniversary package.

I'm sure there will be a B4C before long, its just not something they announce normally and likely cannot be ordered by the average joe walking into his chevy dealer. No reason for fanfare....

blazzin1 11-25-2008 08:49 PM

How about a "true" RS package with some sort of hide-away headlights?

Or a true Posi rear end with at least 3:73 gears?

Or if you want to get real nostalgic, how about houndstooth interior?

And I know it's been brought up several times already, but definitely forced induction!

Supermans 11-25-2008 11:22 PM

I would imagine that many would like to be able the 2SS with cloth seats, I know I would have..

Or how about the HID's alone without the painted rubber on the hood and darker tail-lamps and rims.. I know I would have ordered it if it left those items out and was cheaper.

Painted stripes Package...duh...

And last but not least, The bumblebee yellow (exact color) and painted black stripes package..

stovt001 11-25-2008 11:38 PM

-DCT
-Recaro seats with leather trim and suede seating surfaces
-Tech gauges package giving multi-function displays in place of the 4 pack gauges and the HUD instead of bundling that to a trim level
-Selective performance package with magnetic suspension, multi-mode for all electronic nannies (on, off, and competition), dual-mode exhaust, and options for sharpening or softening throttle response, shift firmness, etc.

That's my 2011-2012 wish list.

DGthe3 11-26-2008 01:17 AM

I think its too early to be thinking about 2012 MY. But this site was founded on speculation and its worked out good so far . . .

This car already has more than I could want. The only things that I can think of are items to get rid of, which I know won't happen. Well, that and . . .
Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 201663)
please don't say Z28 or ZL1!

personally, i'd like to see ambient lighting as an a-la-carte option and non-power seats in the SS

Umm, the OP didn't. You did.

TheClassicCarKid 11-26-2008 01:32 AM

:
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 201672)
How about a "true" RS package with some sort of hide-away headlights?

Or a true Posi rear end with at least 3:73 gears?

Or if you want to get real nostalgic, how about houndstooth interior?

And I know it's been brought up several times already, but definitely forced induction!

We're getting 3.73's :thumbup:

andyrew 11-26-2008 01:44 AM

Hide away headlights would be awesome... IMHO

06GTO 11-26-2008 02:09 AM

T-Tops but they wouldn't look right on this car. I for one would like to see a bigger motor :)

StoutFiles 11-26-2008 02:25 AM

Shouldn't we wait for this model to come out before we make a wish lift for next year?

After the doom and gloom of GM news, I searched around for a Camaro backup. After a lot of searching...there isn't one. What GM offers for the price, well, nothing even comes close. We should be thankful for what were getting.

TAG UR IT 11-26-2008 03:07 AM

I'm in agreance that it is too early to tell. We still need to see if everything that is planned for this years model works out like it should.

I know I CAN say....a supercharger. ;)

BBfan24 11-26-2008 04:39 AM

USB port and 4 gauges as an available option on the the 1SS. and ambient lighting as a stand alone available option all around

Haloman1346 11-26-2008 04:49 AM

How about stripes that go all the way past the hood?
Painted Stripes
Moonroof (not a sunroof)
HID Lamps only (no RS/Red SS badges)
Remove XM and Onstar from 2SS, hate the fin. (you may be able to do this now, please dont bash me!)