Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   My 2014 Was broke when delivered (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365344)

blackcloud 06-24-2014 07:36 PM

My 2014 Was broke when delivered

Hi, My 2014 SS was delivered on the 11th. I've never purchased a new car before. Always let someone else take the deprecation hit. So I figured all the smells were new car smells. Untill last Saturday afternoon. I turned on the A/C and the antifreeze smell hit me in the face. Less than 500 miles on it. I have had it 1 week. and I find out my new car is going to be gutted to install a new heater core. New front windshield, dash removed, May need carpet, if carpet, seats removed. yea, I'm really happy.

MLAZ1990 06-24-2014 07:44 PM

Damn man that sucks!

DrkPhx 06-24-2014 08:43 PM

That sucks to hear. I cringe when I hear they're going to remove the dash because I doubt it will be ever good as new, but I hope for your sake they do a good job.

Camaro_Corvette 06-24-2014 08:55 PM

You got your car during a sales hold?

stlrammer 06-24-2014 09:08 PM

Good point. :iono: Maybe they have the cure in Michigan. Tough story. Hope it has a happy ending. It has potential to be fixed like new but certainly understand concern.

Bad@ssCamaro 06-24-2014 09:20 PM

Hope your car is fixed better than new and you can get to experience permagrin again :pray:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-24-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcloud (Post 7770274)
Hi, My 2014 SS was delivered on the 11th. I've never purchased a new car before. Always let someone else take the deprecation hit. So I figured all the smells were new car smells. Untill last Saturday afternoon. I turned on the A/C and the antifreeze smell hit me in the face. Less than 500 miles on it. I have had it 1 week. and I find out my new car is going to be gutted to install a new heater core. New front windshield, dash removed, May need carpet, if carpet, seats removed. yea, I'm really happy.

blackcloud,

Sincere apologies to hear about the antifreeze smell you're experiencing on your new Camaro. I certainly understand your displeasure. Can you clarify whether the dealer is diagnosing the vehicle? If so, it's great that you've sought assistance with them and I'd encourage you to keep us posted on the process. Feel free to message us if any additional questions arise :).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hannibal 06-25-2014 08:31 AM

If antifreeze got into your carpet, make sure that the dealer replaces not only the carpet but all of the matting underneath. If they do not do this, you will never get rid of the sweet smell of antifreeze.

The Stig 06-25-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 7770497)
You got your car during a sales hold?

Sales hold didn't go into affect until the 12th ;)

TommyTheCat 06-25-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkPhx (Post 7770466)
That sucks to hear. I cringe when I hear they're going to remove the dash because I doubt it will be ever good as new, but I hope for your sake they do a good job.

Time to get the lemon law on your side, if it makes noise after returning to the dealer for the same issue over and over again can he get a new Camaro? o:

abaucom21 06-28-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

If antifreeze got into your carpet, make sure that the dealer replaces not only the carpet but all of the matting underneath. If they do not do this, you will never get rid of the sweet smell of antifreeze.
Request dealership photo document this process.

Sorry this is your first new car experience but it happens. Had a new 1996 Sebring LXI coupe which had a wind notice on right side of windshield. Windshield removed and resealed 3 times in two years. Third time was the charm as after 2 years Chrysler issued a TSB on the issue. Inconvenient yes, make sure your dealership gives you a free loner while your auto is in the shop.

87GNX 06-29-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcloud (Post 7770274)

Sucks man, hope they get it done right and no problems down road.

Avenging Orange 06-29-2014 11:38 AM

Im confused. You said you smelled coolant....did you see any? Has it been to the dealer and this was the diagnosis......or are you assuming?

blackcloud 06-30-2014 10:23 PM

When I posted this the car was at the dealership and had been diagnosed. I got it back this last Thursday evening. My dealer has been great about it. They did everything they could to get this done, short of driving to Detroit to get the parts.They did a good job, Smell is gone. From what I hear from them its probably best I didn't see it during the repair. GM on the other hand not so much. My calls to them (James) because of a new car with this big of repair, and they need to do something extra. has meet with we will get back with you in 48 hrs and nothing else yet. that was a week ago. and i only get his VM now. I did get the car the last evening before the sales hold. As for when I was smelling it it was when I turned on the A/C after a few days, It was so bad I thought I was going to gag. lost the new car smell instantly.

P.S. The worst part of all of this has been my Wife, She has a 2012 Mustang.......She feels bad for me, but has had her fill of fun at my expense to.