Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Post, Owned a 69 and am in for the 5th gen (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4708)

pruettfan 06-21-2008 02:28 PM

First Post, Owned a 69 and am in for the 5th gen

Hello,

This is my first post to the forum. At the age of 16 I got by dream car, a 1969 Camaro beat to hell in desparate need of a great deal of TLC. I spent the next 4 years rebuilding and enjoying the car but sold it when I joined the military. Now at 42 I will have a chance to relive a great part of my youth in a modern car that does not require me to wrench on it every day. I have had a chance to buy another 69 a while back but I am spoiled with new car handling, brakes, ac and amenities so I passed. When the concept came out for the 5th gen I was not overly impressed. Interestingly enough I am not a huge fan of the retro cars in general. As GM has refined the design I must say they have won me over. The interior design decisions and the blend of new and old design concepts overall have made me a big fan. I plan on buying the SS and perhaps the Z-28 when it is availible. I owned a 2004 GTO and I am very excited that the boys from down under (Holden) are involved with the platform development on the 5th Gen. They make great, straightforward no BS cars down there.

Thanks to the folks from Camaro5.com for creating such a great site.
Looking forward to ordering my new car.

AFSNightrod 06-21-2008 03:48 PM

Welcome to :sm1: . You'll get all the info you need right here. Everywhere else is pure speculation.

shank0668 06-21-2008 04:33 PM

yes welcome to :sm1:! we will be willing to help you with your 5th gen and every gen needs.

OBX Guy 03-26-2010 10:05 PM

1st was a 69

My very first car at age 16 was a 69 Camaro...bought by driving a school bus. Sold it like most teenager who didn't realize what a classic it would become. Once i saw the new pics of the 2010 Camaro's i knew i had to have another......so after years of owning mostly Fords and have a son that drives the new Mustang GT.....bought my Rally Yellow. I love it ....so after a long over 30 years wait............it was worth it.

MikeSVX 03-27-2010 02:10 PM

I did the same. I had a 69 Camaro. I work summers at my uncles construction buisness to buy it when I was 15 and rebuilt the engine to have it ready for when I got my lisience at 16. I completely redid the car by the time I was 19 and sold it when I joined the Coast guard. Now I'm 35 and have had my 2010 for about 3 months.

Revo1 03-27-2010 02:13 PM

Welcome! This is THE resource for info, updates, and amusement :laugh: