Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   The Official Xbox 720 Rumors and Release First Impressions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281388)

Renegade 03-06-2013 07:00 PM

The Official Xbox 720 Rumors and Release First Impressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7whxALaqnDI

You'll be able to play 3D games wearing glasses in an entire room. Also the system will be 7-8 times more powerful then a Xbox 360. They'll be releasing two systems one for hardcore gamers and another for family entertainment for the new Kinect. The system requires you to be online at all times and (won't play used games) sorry guys. That has disappointed gamers that purchase used games off Gamestop. On a positive side you can play Blue-ray and it will have a DVR to save your favorite shows. Hinting at a major announcement coming at E3 in June. It is widely expected that the Xbox 720 release date will be in June.

SPECS: 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.

http://cloudfront2.bostinno.com/wp-c...01/Xbox720.jpg

So gamers are you satisfied or disappointed? :pop2:

Gigachip 03-06-2013 09:49 PM

if the rumors are right, I think the xbox wont do so good. but then I saw the vid was from Nov last year.
Waiting on new release stuff
as for used games, I RARELY buy used, so either way it won't effect me.

Renegade 03-06-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigachip (Post 6255233)
if the rumors are right, I think the xbox wont do so good. but then I saw the vid was from Nov last year.
Waiting on new release stuff
as for used games, I RARELY buy used, so either way it won't effect me.

Giga power. :headbang:

SILVERHAWK 03-07-2013 04:54 AM

MMMMM......might be time to sell off my backup 360 in prep for the new system....

PsychoZL1 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

^ That's a really good idea! :D

I have a backup 360 as well.

Mr_Draco 03-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 6254215)
You'll be able to play 3D games wearing glasses in an entire room. Also the system will be 7-8 times more powerful then a Xbox 360. They'll be releasing two systems one for hardcore gamers and another for family entertainment for the new Kinect. The system requires you to be online at all times and (won't play used games) sorry guys. That has disappointed gamers that purchase used games off Gamestop. On a positive side you can play Blue-ray and it will have a DVR to save your favorite shows. Hinting at a major announcement coming at E3 in June. It is widely expected that the Xbox 720 release date will be in June.

SPECS: 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.

The new Xbox won't be releasing in June. Before the PS4 announcement a couple weeks ago, insiders have said not to expect the new Xbox until next year. Since Sony announced that the PS4 will be released this fall, Microsoft may push for a holiday release as well but June is out of the question.

Although I am a Sony fan, personally I hope Microsoft decides to improve the specs of the Xbox since this vid was made because as of right now, the hardware is inferior to the specs of the PS4. After all, the better the competition, the better both systems will be in the future.

SSGUNNER 03-07-2013 03:48 PM

Interesting...

Sapper12b 03-07-2013 03:53 PM

now this becoming like the future that the Jetson's promised me .....

strych9 03-07-2013 04:05 PM

So...I wonder if it would still be compatible with the 360 games? My collection of games is extensive, and I bought them new. But to the 720 system, they would be used?

The horror...

BloodRain 03-07-2013 08:20 PM

I just hope they can make a reliable product. As a someone who has never owned a xbox of any type and never will, all I hear is horror stories about the RRODs.
That, and it would be nice to not have to play with kids on the online service. The 'xbox kids' don't have a good name going for them.

Mr_Draco 03-08-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 6258442)
So...I wonder if it would still be compatible with the 360 games? My collection of games is extensive, and I bought them new. But to the 720 system, they would be used?

The horror...

Right now, neither system will be backwards compatible. Sony plans on getting around this by using the PS Cloud. It is not known yet if Microsoft has any plans on how they are going to approach backwards compatibility. However keep in mind, most of the 360's games are done in HDDVD and Blu-ray does not read HDDVD's. Unless Microsoft includes a HDDVD drive in the new Xbox, you won't be able to play them.

Renegade 03-08-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6262972)
Right now, neither system will be backwards compatible. Sony plans on getting around this by using the PS Cloud. It is not known yet if Microsoft has any plans on how they are going to approach backwards compatibility. However keep in mind, most of the 360's games are done in HDDVD and Blu-ray does not read HDDVD's. Unless Microsoft includes a HDDVD drive in the new Xbox, you won't be able to play them.

It's funny the 360 is selling more then the Wii U. :lol:

Mr_Draco 03-09-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 6263018)
It's funny the 360 is selling more then the Wii U. :lol:

Yea. The Wii U is a complete failure. But this was pretty much expected when they first announced it.

Renegade 03-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6265057)
Yea. The Wii U is a complete failure. But this was pretty much expected when they first announced it.

Back to the drawing board now. I'm looking forward to 2014 competition man.