Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   JRE tune feedback (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526379)

Kylejames83 04-17-2018 04:49 PM

JRE tune feedback

I purchased Ted's tune after I was not satisfied with another tuners limit on what he would do. I was hesitant since i already paid for a tuner, but ted assured me I would be satisfied. Initially I was not satisfied and was frustrated and mentioned that I was not happy and Ted was willing to stand by his word. I decided to keep working with Ted and do what he recommended and was satisfied with how much he was willing to work with my tune and make changes. Although the car is still not where I think it should be (good chance it's the car not the tuner) I would highly recommend his services. He didn't just make a tune, send it to me and say thanks that all I can do for you. He has taken the time to look over numerous logs and promptly give back an updated tune.

Updated experience. I retract my highly suggest to a suggest after trying to get a tune after those suggestions he made. I'm sure it is on his site, but I was not aware that you have to pay additonal cost for changes.

race24x 04-17-2018 10:54 PM

Thank you for sharing

Pro-tuned 04-18-2018 06:27 AM

Great choice!

perfucto 04-18-2018 06:53 AM

Ted's the man!

eLeSthree 04-18-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylejames83 (Post 10152146)
I purchased Ted's tune after I was not satisfied with another tuners limit on what he would do. I was hesitant since i already paid for a tuner, but ted assured me I would be satisfied. Initially I was not satisfied and was frustrated and mentioned that I was not happy and Ted was willing to stand by his word. I decided to keep working with Ted and do what he recommended and was satisfied with how much he was willing to work with my tune and make changes. Although the car is still not where I think it should be (good chance it's the car not the tuner) I would highly recommend his services. He didn't just make a tune, send it to me and say thanks that all I can do for you. He has taken the time to look over numerous logs and promptly give back an updated tune.

What is wrong with the car? Why do you say its not where it should be?

Kylejames83 04-18-2018 11:05 AM

I know they say if your spinning you ain't winning, but I have all bolt on mods and from a dead stop a barely squawk tires and take off seems slow.

acammer 04-18-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylejames83 (Post 10153150)
I know they say if your spinning you ain't winning, but I have all bolt on mods and from a dead stop a barely squawk tires and take off seems slow.

Seems a little weird. Does it pull hard otherwise?

Kylejames83 04-18-2018 12:17 PM

It's great otherwise. Floor it from a rolling start and you will smoke them.

acammer 04-18-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylejames83 (Post 10153262)
It's great otherwise. Floor it from a rolling start and you will smoke them.

That's very odd, that it'll smoke tires from a roll, but not from a standing start. I'd say something is still weird there.

qcman 04-18-2018 03:19 PM

OP did you press and hold the TC button for 7-8 seconds? Sorry if its a dumb question but you are being a bit cryptic about the issues. What was the issue on the first tune you weren't happy with? Same thing or different? This doesn't sound like a glowing review for the second tune in some ways to my reading about it. I generally don't read where people go through this much with just a tune....

Kylejames83 04-18-2018 05:20 PM

The traction control off and sport mode was implied. Overall performance has been good with the tune. My fuel trims were initially an issue so I did what he suggested and it is running strong. Nothing shows up on the log to suggest issues, so just dont know about the take off. It's meant to be a good review. I could have gotten a dyno tune after what the 2 tuners cost, but Ted's work ethic and word is why I would highly suggest him.

qcman 04-18-2018 05:55 PM

Thx I just wanted to hear more about the issue you had initially.... which you noted. Most folks have no issues with the email tunes I read on here so that's why I wanted to learn more about your issues. :)

eLeSthree 04-18-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylejames83 (Post 10153150)

What are your total mods? Is this an auto? What kind of tires?

Kylejames83 04-18-2018 07:55 PM

L99 auto with 1 7/8 long tubes, x pipe with magnaflows, CAI intake, Bo White ported throttle body and the tune with stock tires.