Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   I would STARVE if I did this for a living... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213468)

AirManFL 04-01-2012 02:36 PM

I would STARVE if I did this for a living...

I just finished washing my Camaro and Volvo C30 (2 door hatchback) and it took me 6 long hours. I would never be able to do this for a living.

Cleaned wheels (including the barrels) and fender wells with Adams wheel cleaner, wheel brush, lug brush, and turbo stick.

2 Bucket Wash with Maguiars Gold Class car wash and Adams 9x9 pad.

Hand dried with Adams drying towels.
Hand dried wheels with generic microfiber towels.

Applied Adams VRT to tires.
Applied Invisible Glass with Rain Repellant to all glass.

Rinsed buckets, applicators, and put everything away.

The cars look great though.

How long does it typically take you to wash and dry your car?

Rob

Haole 04-01-2012 02:39 PM

When I wash my Camaro and wifes Mountaineer. It takes me at least 4-6 hours to just wash and dry.

zandron263 04-01-2012 02:49 PM

Probably about 3 hrs if I did both the Camaro and Silverado. I usually dont wash both back to back very often.

grocerygetter 04-01-2012 03:19 PM

I pick one at a time...hour and a half.

2ss2012 04-01-2012 03:32 PM

i also have camaro and a silverado i do them a few days apart

CamaroDreams07 04-01-2012 04:31 PM

The money's well worth it ;)

ToolFan66 04-01-2012 04:42 PM

If I do a full detail inside and out 3-4 hours easy just to do my camaro..

Iwantone2 04-01-2012 08:08 PM

Exterior wash and dry only, a little over an hour.

CaryE1 04-01-2012 09:48 PM

I just washed mine on Friday, and it took me about 4 hours. That includes tires, windows inside & out, vacuuming, cleaning the dash and seats, and a coat of Adams Quick Sealant all over the exterior at the end.

If I were to polish & wax too, that would make it about 6 hours. The paint correction turned into a 2 day deal.

CamaroDreams07 04-01-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaryE1 (Post 4741019)
I just washed mine on Friday, and it took me about 4 hours. That includes tires, windows inside & out, vacuuming, cleaning the dash and seats, and a coat of Adams Quick Sealant all over the exterior at the end.

If I were to polish & wax too, that would make it about 6 hours. The paint correction turned into a 2 day deal.

Polishing=paint correction..

CamaroDreams07 04-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirManFL (Post 4739206)
I just finished washing my Camaro and Volvo C30 (2 door hatchback) and it took me 6 long hours. I would never be able to do this for a living.

Cleaned wheels (including the barrels) and fender wells with Adams wheel cleaner, wheel brush, lug brush, and turbo stick.

2 Bucket Wash with Maguiars Gold Class car wash and Adams 9x9 pad.

Hand dried with Adams drying towels.
Hand dried wheels with generic microfiber towels.

Applied Adams VRT to tires.
Applied Invisible Glass with Rain Repellant to all glass.

Rinsed buckets, applicators, and put everything away.

The cars look great though.

How long does it typically take you to wash and dry your car?

Rob

Six hours for two cars just exterior is pretty excessive. I mean, you can take as long as you want, but definitely a bit excessive, especially with such limited dressing afterwards (only tires and glass).

Jeffm 04-01-2012 11:16 PM

about 1hr total from wash to dry but i have a system i go through

XQIZT 04-02-2012 08:06 AM

Including getting out all the supplies, and filling buckets, etc, washing and drying the Corvette, including wheels and wheel wells, is under an hour. Treating the tires, glass and laying on a coat of Buttery wax, I can be done in 2 hours.

Claying, polishing and interior work add much more time.

If you need help with technique or getting things done faster, just let me know. I can't be more than 30 minutes from you.

DarkFox1 04-02-2012 08:49 AM

Takes me about an hour-1.5 to do 1 car.

Last time I did it with 1 bucket, next time I'll do 2 buckets.

I figure, since I drive my cars every day, putting blood sweat and tears into the paint just to have some fat woman swing her door open into mine the next day and chip my paint isn't worth it.