Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   ¿Manual o Automatico? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370480)

Adrur 07-26-2014 01:21 PM

¿Manual o Automatico?

Hola soy nuevo en este foro y al igual que como buen fan del Chevrolet Camaro voy a adquirir un Zl1, bueno... No se cual escoger, estoy en una buena encrucijada. Claramente se conducir con manual, es mas en España que es donde resido y donde me saque el Carnet, y donde disfrutare de este tremendo coche. En definitiva no se cual elegir, tengo bastantes dudas al respecto y como no conozco a nadie que tenga ninguno de estos, tampoco se que tal es uno y que tal es otro. Como nota decir que he probado aquí el Camaro SS (ya que el ZL1 en España no se vende) en cambio manual el automático no porque no lo tiene aquí en esa opción. Y Bueno eso es un poco de que va la cosa, no se si uno u otro y claro Ambos modos me gustan y el precio me da igual así que. Cual creéis que es mejor y que es lo bueno de cada uno.

Un Saludo y GRacias!!!:threadjacked:

bobby35ny 07-26-2014 01:23 PM

Ummmm....Google translate before posting?

13FastBlkSS 07-26-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 7846053)
Ummmm....Google translate before posting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrur
Hello I am new to this forum and as good as the Chevrolet Camaro fan I'll buy a Zl1, which is not good ... choose, I'm in a good crossroads. Clearly driving manual, but in Spain it is where I live and where I kick the Library, and where I will enjoy this tremendous car. Definitely not choose which I have many doubts about it as I know no one who has any of these, neither is one such and such is another. As a note to say I've had here the Camaro SS (as the ZL1 is not sold in Spain) in manual automatic change not because you do not have that option here. And that's a good little thing going, do not know if one or the other and clear both ways and I like the price so I do not care. What do you think is better and that is good for everyone.

Greetings and thanks :threadjacked:

:thumbsup:

Welcome to Camaro 5!

Adrur 07-26-2014 01:35 PM

Sorry, I forget put the translation

Adrur 07-26-2014 01:40 PM

Thank you! 13FastBlkSS

jessrayo 07-26-2014 02:43 PM

Get a manual, it is more fun to drive.

CanadianZL1#992 07-26-2014 02:47 PM

I think it lost something in translation!!!

Adrur 07-26-2014 04:53 PM

I'll buy a Zl1 but I don't know whether to buy a manual or automatic.
I've tried manually camaro SS, but not automatic because here in Spain don't see much. and I wanna know your opinion over the two gearbox.

menendez1293 07-26-2014 05:01 PM

I like manual because it is more fun to drive. I noticed in your original post that you mentioned that you can not purchase a ZL1 in Spain, so are you going to buy a US version and have it imported?

Adrur 07-26-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 7846384)
I like manual because it is more fun to drive. I noticed in your original post that you mentioned that you can not purchase a ZL1 in Spain, so are you going to buy a US version and have it imported?

Yes, In Spain only sells 2SS version.:iono: Then I'll have to import it from there and maybe make some changes to homologate

SCHUSS 07-26-2014 06:57 PM

You can't go wrong with either. It all depends on what you want. The auto is a little quicker however I think the manual is more fun. Both are exceptional units.

CanadianZL1#992 07-26-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrur (Post 7846372)
I'll buy a Zl1 but I don't know whether to buy a manual or automatic.
I've tried manually camaro SS, but not automatic because here in Spain don't see much. and I wanna know your opinion over the two gearbox.

I have a 12'ZL1 with a manual that I drag race occasionally. Recently we bought a 14'ZL1 with an auto for my wife. I've driven her car a bit and have to admit I love the auto. If I was ordering my car again I would probably get the auto. I guess it depends on how often you drive the car and traffic conditions. The auto is a fantastic transmission IMHO. BUT the manual is a shit load of fun and rewarding (challenging) at the strip when you make a good pass. Lol

bobby35ny 07-26-2014 07:40 PM

Manual is the way to go!

ZL1 Spoked 07-26-2014 08:35 PM

Manual if you're a man.

CanadianZL1#992 07-26-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked (Post 7846780)
Manual if you're a man.

Notice I said we bought a ZL1 AUTO for my "WIFE" LMFAO. I still enjoy driving it!!

Emvici 07-26-2014 08:43 PM

I would trade a .01 of a second any day, for a car that I can have more driver control over.

oldfriend 07-26-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 (Post 7846615)
I have a 12'ZL1 with a manual that I drag race occasionally. Recently we bought a 14'ZL1 with an auto for my wife. I've driven her car a bit and have to admit I love the auto. If I was ordering my car again I would probably get the auto. I guess it depends on how often you drive the car and traffic conditions. The auto is a fantastic transmission IMHO. BUT the manual is a shit load of fun and rewarding (challenging) at the strip when you make a good pass. Lol

All of that , and for US$2485 lest than the A , in the US with the same options on it
Win , win , until one gets stuck in trafic !

Taser Deployed 07-26-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Manual if you're a man.

That's progressive thinking there.

CanadianZL1#992 07-26-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfriend (Post 7846840)
All of that , and for US$2485 lest than the A , in the US with the same options on it
Win , win , until one gets stuck in trafic !

The auto is only 1710.00CND and no gas guzzler tax here. I can't believe there is some thing cheaper here!! The MSRP is 10 grand higher so I guess we still lose

ZL1 Spoked 07-26-2014 11:42 PM

I love these threads automatic owners get so mad lol

Red Hot ZL1 07-27-2014 12:15 AM

Get a manual because if you need parts or mechanical work they will know how to fix it and they can get the parts.

CCMADONNA 07-27-2014 02:07 AM

buenas. todo el mundo aquí dirá que vaya con el manual, pero el automático merece a la pena, por lo menos aquí en Los Angeles donde hay tanto trafico. pero vale, tío, pienselo bien porque es mucho dinero! :thumbsup:

Quick 07-27-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Manual if you're a man.

This has to be one of the most ignorant post I've seen on Camaro5.:frusty:

Adrur 07-27-2014 09:56 AM

Yo he probado otros coches como m3, z4, con cambio automático y me encanta. Este se asemeja al utilizado en un bmw o Audi?

Adrur 07-27-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCMADONNA (Post 7847159)
buenas. todo el mundo aquí dirá que vaya con el manual, pero el automático merece a la pena, por lo menos aquí en Los Angeles donde hay tanto trafico. pero vale, tío, pienselo bien porque es mucho dinero! :thumbsup:

Por el precio tal vez no sea mucho problema ya que sale barato al cambio a Euros. Pero claro quiero algo que también yo sea capaz de "dominar" no que el coche lo haga todo por mi. El tema de ciudad, lo usaría tanto para autovía como para ir por ciudad.

alex3d 07-28-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick (Post 7847173)
This has to be one of the most ignorant post I've seen on Camaro5.:frusty:

i completely agree wit ZL1 Spoked
++ i would say, if you are a girl, get an automatic.
lol
Joking dude.

alex3d 07-28-2014 03:10 PM

get a manual. you will be less distracted.
out of topic...you have to have a bunch nasty amount of money to get a ZL1 in spain dude. and the streets, there is no streets wide enought to unleash the beast. good luck!!!! lol

Adrur 07-28-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex3d (Post 7850068)
get a manual. you will be less distracted.
out of topic...you have to have a bunch nasty amount of money to get a ZL1 in spain dude. and the streets, there is no streets wide enought to unleash the beast. good luck!!!! lol

In Spain for example, if you go to 150kmh are 100 Euros what you have to pay a fine. But the good thing is that there are many circuits and they run the F1, MotoGP, Rally. And many days admission is free, so would have no problem, the problem is if I have to use that to give him coming and going of the University will not be better Automatic or manual. 20% city. 30% highway and 50% Secondary Roads[emoji53]

Need4speed_motorsports 07-28-2014 03:52 PM

Half the fun of this car is the ability to row your own gears. I would say you go with the manual unless its really that bad in spain.

Adrur 07-28-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4speed_motorsports (Post 7850174)
Half the fun of this car is the ability to row your own gears. I would say you go with the manual unless its really that bad in spain.

Playing with gears is something I love. Here in Spain all cars, almost all, are manual and how to take off the Driver's manual car. Some cars come with automatic transmission, but most are or Gt cars and high-performance features that come standard: Volvo, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porche, Jaguar. Automatic this car is as good as in Manual?

Sven59 07-28-2014 04:19 PM

The auto is faster and not like any auto I have driven, disregard the knuckleheads about manual vs. Auto, they fail to realize some people have disabilities that don't allow them to drive a manual.

ScottsLZL1 07-28-2014 04:48 PM

Emmanuel

Adrur 07-30-2014 10:07 AM

Hi guys. I have it completely clear. then. Manual!!
I was eating up my head these days. and finally I have everything clear.
The color will be black and will have carbon insertions. Likewise the black wheels and brakes System front and rear. Inside MyLink with navi. Ambient light, subwoofer. Maybe go to some preparer as Hennessey. What do you think?

goinggone14 07-30-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven59 (Post 7850241)
The auto is faster and not like any auto I have driven, disregard the knuckleheads about manual vs. Auto, they fail to realize some people have disabilities that don't allow them to drive a manual.

So you're saying you would need to be disabled (which I'll take to mean more broadly: unqualified for some reason whether physical or otherwise) to justify having the automatic; therefore, manual the superior option for those who are not inhibited?

It's not an issue if you're required to drive an automatic due to disability, inability, or personal preference. However, you should acknowledge that car enthusiasts' general consensus that true driving is done with a standard transmission (the name alone should give it away). Chevy makes both for the ZL1, you pick your fate.

Emvici 07-30-2014 10:39 AM

I love my manual transmission, I am grateful to my God for the good years I have had to enjoy this toy, unfortunately due to a degenerating back condition it seems that I am going to be forced to make my next car an auto, huge bummer for me, but I do not see away around yet. Helly kitty with an auto sounds like a nice choice. I hope I don't catch any flack for my auto, Because no doubt manual is the way to drive these cars.

juandavr 07-30-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrur (Post 7847429)
Yo he probado otros coches como m3, z4, con cambio automático y me encanta. Este se asemeja al utilizado en un bmw o Audi?

ni de cerca, aunque la caja automatica del camaro es MUY BUENA, los carros europeos y con sus sistemas de doble clutch y otras cosas son mucho mas fluidos y rapidos

05SilverStreak 07-30-2014 10:42 AM

If you dont have enough to hold on to between your legs, get a stick. For those of us who arent lacking in that department get an auto. When your on vacation in a traffic jam the auto allows you to relax and know that your in charge of your destiny. If you want to be reminded of when you were in high school and couldnt afford shit for luxury get a MANual. They say that you are a MAN if you drive a MANual. However the guy that cuts my grass every week and washes my cars is MANuel. You decide.

05SilverStreak 07-30-2014 10:45 AM

I love my point of view........

Sven59 07-30-2014 10:45 AM

If you measure your manhood by manual or automatic I feel sorry for you. Drum brakes used to be a great thing too.

juandavr 07-30-2014 10:47 AM

la decision para mi seria en base a esto: si planeas correrlo muy a menudo, y sabes usar bien la caja para esto, compra el manual. pero si planeas correrlo y todavia no sabes usar bien los cambios en forma deportiva O si aunque quieres correrlo quieres que en ciudad la cosa vaya un poco mas relajada, un automatico es el indicado

(translate) my decision would be based on this : if you plan to track it regularly and you know how to properly use a gearbox in the track, go manual. But if you plan to track it and dont know how to use the gearbox in kind of sport mode OR you want to track it but want to relax when driving on the city, go auto