Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Hawk Performance Brake Pad "Updated" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30356)

KILLER74Z28 07-01-2009 04:51 PM

Hawk Performance Brake Pad "Updated"

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Hawk Performance Ceramic Street Pads.

Hawk part numbers:

HB453Z.585 Front Set
HB194Z.570 Rear Set

These pads fit the follow applications:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - SS

Performance Ceramic

Ultimate stopping power in an ultra-low dust, low noise ceramic compound!
Hawk Performance has introduced a premium, high performance, ultra-low dust, low noise compound called Performance Ceramic.
Performance Ceramic is engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness), creating a quieter performing brake pad. Furthermore, the ceramic brake pad formula has a linear friction profile that allows your ABS brake system to work more effectively. With Performance Ceramic you can expect reduced brake pad wear, lower dust output levels and a rotor-friendly brake pad.

Performance Ceramic – quiet, clean & fast stopping!

Perfomance Ceramic Features:

• Increased stopping power
• Increased rotor life
• Extended pad life
• Ultra-low dust
• Extremely quiet
• Stable friction output

All Hawk Performance Performance Ceramic brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - SS HPS (High Performance Street) Brake Pads.

Hawk part numbers:

HB453F.585 Front Set
HB194F.570 Rear Set

HPS - High Performance Street

Street Superior Stopping Power

HPS - High Performance Street disc brake pads are world renowned for increasing stopping power on your street legal vehicle. Increasing the performance of your vehicles braking system is easy when you choose Hawk Performance’s HPS braking compound. This unique Ferro-Carbon formula was developed for street performance using the safety and quality of Aerospace and Motorsports severe-duty friction technology.

The High Performance Street compound offers a higher coefficient of friction over stock brake pads and can provide you 20-40% more stopping power and higher resistance to brake fade than most standard replacement pads. Less fade means you’ll have a highly durable brake pad with less brake dust.

HPS Ferro-Compound Features:

Increased stopping power
High friction/torque hot or cold
Gentle on rotors
Extended pad life
Low dust
Virtually noise-free

All Hawk Performance High Performance Street brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - SS Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads.

Hawk part numbers:

HB453N.585 Front Set
HB194N.570 Rear Set

Hawk Performance HP Plus / Autocross

Hawk Performance’s HP Plus brake pad compound is ideal for Autocross and Track Day drivers looking for a high performance race compound that can take the heat of the track and get you home safely without having to change the pads.

HP Plus utilizes a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and “track day” applications. The Ferro-Carbon formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.

Extremely high coefficient of friction makes HP Plus the perfect upgrade over stock for high performance streetcars used in autocross competition or that experience repetitive, heavy braking.

Key Features:

Extremely High Friction Output
Fade Resistant
Worthy for Autocross & Club Racing Events
Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected.

All Hawk Performance HP Plus / Autocross brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.

Note:
Hawk Performance burnishes its HP Plus brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.

KILLER74Z28 07-01-2009 06:36 PM

Updated... :thumbsup:

THE EVIL TW1N 07-02-2009 02:22 AM

I run the Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads on my Cobra and they are SQUEEEKY!! it sounds like a bus stopping everytime I hit the brakes!!

Milk 1027 07-02-2009 02:28 AM

:thumbsup:

ZZcamaro 07-02-2009 08:55 AM

Now somebody needs to make some better lookign rotors and I will be all ove rthis!! oh yeah, and stainless brake lines!

KILLER74Z28 07-02-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N (Post 641134)
I run the Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads on my Cobra and they are SQUEEEKY!! it sounds like a bus stopping everytime I hit the brakes!!

Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads

Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected.

;)

THE EVIL TW1N 07-03-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 643165)
Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads

;)

I just threw that out there as a warning! :thumbup:

PQ 07-09-2009 12:00 AM

Ok, searched and found. Thanks Rads. I am a believer in ceramic pads. It has almost completely eliminated the dust on Bonnies car. :thumbsup:

ZZcamaro 07-09-2009 12:34 AM

I am going to be getting a set of these pads...stainless lines...and new rotors on my car in just a couple of weeks. It will stop much better than stock, and should stay a lot cleaner.

Hit me up if you are looking for anything.

White Devil 07-09-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZcamaro (Post 641513)
Now somebody needs to make some better lookign rotors and I will be all ove rthis!! oh yeah, and stainless brake lines!

Baer and Brembo make rotor upgrades. The Fessler car has the baers.

ZZcamaro 07-09-2009 12:53 AM

Is there a kit that is just rotors? I am trying to find just that kit...my Wholesaler is working on this also. These Calipers are enough for 99% of what we will ever need...all we need is rotors, pads and some stainless lines.

I will post any new info I come across.

White Devil 07-09-2009 12:57 AM

That I don't know... but whoever does it will make some $$!

bobby35ny 07-09-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZcamaro (Post 641513)

So we get Brembo calipers and crap non-Brembo rotors? And I only thought they cut corners on the interior, LOL

-bobby

tradosaurus 11-03-2009 10:23 AM

Does anyone have an idea when the Hawk pads will be available for 2LT models? :iono: