Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   PQs Camaro [COTW 9/20/10] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87767)

speedster 06-13-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1978133)
For Sale...............

As is. Savini wheels, Pfadt springs and sways, all other performance is stock.

You can't be serious??

What about the "NO WAY I could get rid of this car even for a Z-28!!!!!!!!!! I love my car and we've been through a lot in the first year" ? :iono:

BackinBlackSS/RS 06-13-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 1978449)
You can't be serious??

What about the "NO WAY I could get rid of this car even for a Z-28!!!!!!!!!! I love my car and we've been through a lot in the first year" ? :iono:

He's getting a 5.0

Mr Twisty 06-13-2010 08:33 AM

I don't believe it...

Blade 06-13-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1978133)
For Sale...............

As is. Savini wheels, Pfadt springs and sways, all other performance is stock.

Is it ridiculous that I highlighted the whole post before replying? Just to make sure Randy wasn't puttin one over us.....LOL.

Anyway I am surprised you want to sell the ride already, considering all the work you put in the car.

PQ 06-13-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1979240)
Anyway I am surprised you want to sell the ride already, considering all the work you put in the car.

Well, I would be buying another one. I'm just curious right now if anyone would be interested.

djsnoflake 06-13-2010 03:26 PM

Would you be buying an SS again, or saving pennies for a vert or Z/28

mlee 06-13-2010 05:21 PM

:popcorn: It's nice starting all over again especially after all the knowledge gained over the past year...

I found the best bet was to do a trade in. The $$ saved in Taxes make up for the hassel of selling it on your own.

Also, I hear SLP will be offering their SC Camaro packages w/ a 5yr/100k GM warranty through select GM dealers. :thumbsup:

PQ 06-13-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 1979814)
:popcorn: It's nice starting all over again especially after all the knowledge gained over the past year...

I found the best bet was to do a trade in. The $$ saved in Taxes make up for the hassel of selling it on your own. Noted :thumbsup:

Also, I hear SLP will be offering their SC Camaro packages w/ a 5yr/100k GM warranty through select GM dealers. :thumbsup:

Something like that. SLP, THR, etc.......... I think I'd give Tom the first crack at it. I really like what they did with GTAHVITs car.

Hicompression 06-13-2010 07:25 PM

PQ, if you're going to get another Camaro, I suggest you get the LS3, 6-Speed manual. It's a helluva lot more fun to drive.

You've already broken a finger dealing with the wheel problem. You had someone smash your rear quarter panel and you've dealt with the peeling paint on your trunk. If you're tired of your Camaro after 40K miles, I say ditch it. Get what you want. You won't be happy unless you do.

PQ 06-13-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hicompression (Post 1980193)
PQ, if you're going to get another Camaro, I suggest you get the LS3, 6-Speed manual. It's a helluva lot more fun to drive.

You've already broken a finger dealing with the wheel problem. You had someone smash your rear quarter panel and you've dealt with the peeling paint on your trunk. If you're tired of your Camaro after 40K miles, I say ditch it. Get what you want. You won't be happy unless you do.

Actually that was 40k asking. lol

24k miles.

Darth_Emma 06-13-2010 07:48 PM

Have you asked THR if they'd take it in trade?

PQ 06-13-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 1980262)
Have you asked THR if they'd take it in trade?

No, but I have Toms number. I already know he will take a trade, but how much I'd get for it is another question. I suspect not enough.

Hicompression 06-13-2010 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1980250)
Actually that was 40k asking. lol
24k miles.

Oh..ok..lol. Still...as an accurate comparison, I sold my '03 Cobra after only 22K miles. Like with your Camaro, my Cobra had issues. It had plenty of power, but after dealing with a clunky driveline, replacement of halfshafts, a blown oil cooler vomiting oil all over my driveway...it was the little things that did it in for me, so I got rid of it. I always thought it was an ugly car too. When I sold it it dynoed at 446 HP at the rear wheels.

I'll probably look back on that car as the one I never should have sold, but oh well...

PQ 06-13-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hicompression (Post 1980345)
Oh..ok..lol. Still...as an accurate comparison, I sold my '03 Cobra after only 22K miles. Like with your Camaro, my Cobra had issues. It had plenty of power, but after dealing with a clunky driveline, replacement of halfshafts, a blown oil cooler vomiting oil all over my driveway...it was the little things that did it in for me, so I got rid of it. I always thought it was an ugly car too. When I sold it it dynoed at 446 HP at the rear wheels.

I'll probably look back on that car as the one I never should have sold, but oh well...

Well, that's why I will DAMN sure make certain that whatever I end up with will be better.

Of course you upgraded so it's all good. lol

Did you at least break even?