CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   2016 camaro rs v6 spark plug swap (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574563)

Buckscamaro 05-01-2020 11:30 PM

2016 camaro rs v6 spark plug swap

Hello all, quick question. on a 2016 camaro v6, do you need to remove the intake manifold to get to the spark plugs ? I quickly glanced at engine bay and thats what it looks like?

Buckscamaro 05-03-2020 01:13 PM

Bump tried the :search:

chevyracingfan 05-03-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckscamaro (Post 10780465)
Hello all, quick question. on a 2016 camaro v6, do you need to remove the intake manifold to get to the spark plugs ? I quickly glanced at engine bay and thats what it looks like?

just remove engine cover they are under coils

Buckscamaro 05-03-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyracingfan (Post 10781561)
just remove engine cover they are under coils

yeah I know its a coil to plug, but looks like the manifold hangs over the coil. I wonder if the foam can just be slid out or the manifold needs to be removed? my buddy is coming over next weekend to do it, but wanted to get ahead with some research.

DIYguy 05-05-2020 01:35 PM

When I checked my plugs a while back (I indexed them actually) the only practical way I could find to access them was to remove the intake manifold.
That allows the sound padding to be removed without damaging it.
Also it allowed me to identify and correct some air leaks at the intake gaskets.
So it was a good thing.

It is really not all that difficult to do because there are no liquids running through the manifold.
Just be very careful not to drop anything into the intake ports of course.
I stuffed paper towels into them as temporary plugs.

Spudsmaro 05-07-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckscamaro (Post 10780465)

just changed my spark plugs for the first time last week, i had to remove the intake manifold in order to remove the insulation. once insulation is removed if you do not put it back you will never have to remove intake again. you can just easily access the coil packs and spark plugs.

DIYguy 05-08-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

if you do not put it back you will never have to remove intake again. you can just easily access the coil packs and spark plugs.
You are exactly right and I seriously considered leaving mine off.
But then I would have heard more of the valve train and high pressure injection pump noises.
Personally I prefer not to listen to them so I put the padding back and have even added additional padding under the cosmetic cover over the manifold.
Now I barely hear the high pressure pump at all.

For all the more often that most people will need to access the plugs it really is not much of a problem to remove the manifold.
And you can check how carboned up your valves are at the same time.
It most definitely is a matter of personal preference with benefits both ways. :D