Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any LFX V6's out yet? (Updated with LFX pics) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165836)

Blade 08-23-2011 06:01 AM

Speakin of the exhaust manifold, anyone else notice that there are extra holes around the existing manifold, almost like you can put a bigger manifold on or is that just an optical illusion?

Nightfall 08-23-2011 06:34 AM

ok i like the steering wheel in that video it looks good. Plus the FULL tap pedels is a plus better then the buttons would be easer to shift. BUT THAT BOW TIE KILLS IT. Should have at least left camaro on there IF so i would not complain :thumbdown:. The rest of the car looks fine i like it and the new dash but this is a 2LT and all else i seen was a 2SS what about the 1LT:iono:

The new 2SS/LT has a leather dash now :w00t: awsome improve the looks feel even more to a high end lux car awsome. But what about the 1LT or the LS does it have cloath all the way around more now to keep with the less plastic theme? :iono:

Nightfall 08-23-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R6P (Post 3656287)

dude wtf first they had to ruin the steering wheel now THIS? omfg :facepalm:. When i take my cover off i see that alloy intake manifold. and i drooooooooool :drool:. I love showing that off NOW THEY GOT A PLASIC COVER ON IT :facepalm: RUINS IT :barf:

GretchenGotGrowl 08-23-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3654709)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/p...jpg?1307398604





seriously tho... a steady hand with a grinder will smooth out that fugly intake manifold... or... you could just keep the cover on...

I wouldn't grind it off, I'm sure it is there to ad rigidity. It is ugly, but I'm sure somebody will come up with something to make it look good. Then again, you can just keep the cover on.

nak3dsnake 08-23-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 3656299)
Speakin of the exhaust manifold, anyone else notice that there are extra holes around the existing manifold, almost like you can put a bigger manifold on or is that just an optical illusion?

Turbo mount perhaps?

esperman 08-23-2011 12:18 PM

gotta give some props to Ford. Their engine compartments make 5Th Gens look bad by comparison.

Camaromann 08-23-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 3632220)
Any LFX V6's out yet? Just wondering. :iono:

Yes - I took delivery of my 1LT a few days ago. The engine is GREAT. It pulls very strong, and other than the wimpy sound, you would be hard pressed to know there isn't a V8 under the hood.

FL1CK 08-23-2011 02:23 PM

2 things, the locks are in the middle and on the doors... weird, and that is still another cover on the intake plenum, it's not the plenum itself, they are aluminum NOT plastic, so now it has 2 covers. Nice try saying it has a plastic plenum though. In the better pic you can see the lip, and where the intake goes UNDER the plastic and not into it... and if it is plastic and I'm just not seeing how that's the actual plenum, I can't wait for one to melt!

squat 08-23-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road Rage (Post 3658656)
2 things, the locks are in the middle and on the doors... weird, and that is still another cover on the intake plenum, it's not the plenum itself, they are aluminum NOT plastic, so now it has 2 covers. Nice try saying it has a plastic plenum though. In the better pic you can see the lip, and where the intake goes UNDER the plastic and not into it... and if it is plastic and I'm just not seeing how that's the actual plenum, I can't wait for one to melt!

My Charger has a plastic manifold, it looks a lot better than the camaro's, but it's plastic. Maybe it's getting to be a common thing these days.

R6P 08-23-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road Rage (Post 3658656)
2 things, the locks are in the middle and on the doors... weird, and that is still another cover on the intake plenum, it's not the plenum itself, they are aluminum NOT plastic, so now it has 2 covers. Nice try saying it has a plastic plenum though. In the better pic you can see the lip, and where the intake goes UNDER the plastic and not into it... and if it is plastic and I'm just not seeing how that's the actual plenum, I can't wait for one to melt!

It IS a plastic plenum, they have been in use for some time now in other applications since the late 90's (GM 3800, LS V8's & Cadillac Northstar to name a few) without melting issues.

What you see under the lip in the 2nd picture is just a shadow effect that may look different in color, there is no aluminum there. It's plastic right down to where it meets the throttle body.

Papa T 08-24-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R6P (Post 3658925)
It IS a plastic plenum, they have been in use for some time now in other applications since the late 90's (GM 3800, LS V8's & Cadillac Northstar to name a few) without melting issues.

What you see under the lip in the 2nd picture is just a shadow effect that may look different in color, there is no aluminum there. It's plastic right down to where it meets the throttle body.

Ahem... Composite, Composite... not plastic!!! :sm0:
http://www.torquenews.com/766/new-ch...-cylinder-head.
The new composite intake manifold saves approximately 5.5 pounds

BowtieBelle 08-24-2011 11:50 AM

That steering wheel is hideous.

R6P 08-24-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa T (Post 3663140)
Ahem... Composite, Composite... not plastic!!! :sm0:
http://www.torquenews.com/766/new-ch...-cylinder-head.
The new composite intake manifold saves approximately 5.5 pounds

Good find :thumbsup:

spyderbuddy 08-24-2011 12:07 PM

Anyone notice the radiator cap, There goes trying to use the New Vararam Intake. So will the V8 Vararam intake work on this?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.