Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Magnacharger with what Performance parts??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29539)

JJ2010 06-26-2009 02:16 PM

Magnacharger with what Performance parts???

I am having a Magnacharger TVS 2300 installed on My SS with the L99 engine.I have a Corsa catback exhaust that I am going to install tomorrow.I also have a LMR CAI that should come today.My question is what performance upgrade will compliment the MagnaCharger the best.I have been on the phone with Magnuson and they are telling me I should send back the LMR CAI.They said there kit comes with a tune tube with K&N filter and I want see much from the CAI.I was thinking about doing a set of longtube Headers.What headers would fit up the best with my Corsa Exhaust?I would like to hear what you guys think the best performance upgrades would be for the MagnaCharger....

vsgls1 06-26-2009 03:19 PM

ARH or SW. I am going with ARH with stock mufflers for now and will have a TVS from the July batch. Ask about a booster pump with the additional mods.

HaddadMotorsports 06-26-2009 04:55 PM

Doing Lts is by far going to be your best bet hands down.
From there go ahead a turn the boost up. Each .1 smaller in diameter you go is going to ruffly equate to 1/2 lb of boost. You will actually lose a little bit of boost pressure with the headers. Please don't panic that just means its going to be a whole lot more efficient. Please make sure you step down to a colder spark plug. last but not least at this point you will need custom tuning.

Connecting the Lt's to your cat back will require some cutting/welding.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions.
We will be offering a stage 2 system that will cover all of the stuff I've talked about.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

radz28 06-26-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaddadMotorsports (Post 624039)
Doing Lts is by far going to be your best bet hands down.
From there go ahead a turn the boost up. Each .1 smaller in diameter you go is going to ruffly equate to 1/2 lb of boost. You will actually lose a little bit of boost pressure with the headers. Please don't panic that just means its going to be a whole lot more efficient. Please make sure you step down to a colder spark plug. last but not least at this point you will need custom tuning.

Connecting the Lt's to your cat back will require some cutting/welding.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions.
We will be offering a stage 2 system that will cover all of the stuff I've talked about.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

It's nice to see you guys over here too now. I've been over at the G8Forum once-and-a-while and have liked what I've read from you guys ;)

carguy 06-26-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ2010 (Post 623488)
I am having a Magnacharger TVS 2300 installed on My SS with the L99 engine.I have a Corsa catback exhaust that I am going to install tomorrow.I also have a LMR CAI that should come today.My question is what performance upgrade will compliment the MagnaCharger the best.I have been on the phone with Magnuson and they are telling me I should send back the LMR CAI.They said there kit comes with a tune tube with K&N filter and I want see much from the CAI.I was thinking about doing a set of longtube Headers.What headers would fit up the best with my Corsa Exhaust?I would like to hear what you guys think the best performance upgrades would be for the MagnaCharger....

I am putting Magna Charger on Mine as well.

I am getting the kit from Hennesy...Polished isn't available until July 15 already ordered.

I have already Put American Raqcing Long Tube Headers and I believe they are the only street legal long tubes available nopw if that matters. Thet come with Cats and connect to the headers. I than put a Corsa Cat back system that connects just at the cats like OEM. only took 4 hours to take old out and entire system back on.

When supercharging the best gains acome from anything that helps that baby breath. Its just a big air pump. The more air you take in the more you have to exhaust.

The hennesy kit comes with airbox and They will even do a custom tune to your box to match your mods.

My Dealer is installing mine as soon as the polishedcomes in I am third on the list!

Anyway The Exhaust is the Best sound exhaust I have ever heard and I have
been around alot of cars. It really wakes that baby up too....Unbelievable what headers and exhast do for these babys they love it!

Sorry for the long winded answer and Just my Opinion...

Good luck:headbang:

HaddadMotorsports 07-29-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 624125)
It's nice to see you guys over here too now. I've been over at the G8Forum once-and-a-while and have liked what I've read from you guys ;)

Thank You

jrpxxii 07-29-2009 08:29 PM

I am also doing the TVS 2300, Kooks headers/full exhaust, Hennessey Intake, 65lb Fuel injectors, Boost a pump upgrade, 160 thermostat and am considering a pulley upgrade to get more boost out of it. Waiting for someone to have gears available as this will help dramatically.

carguy 07-29-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 737057)
I am also doing the TVS 2300, Kooks headers/full exhaust, Hennessey Intake, 65lb Fuel injectors, Boost a pump upgrade, 160 thermostat and am considering a pulley upgrade to get more boost out of it. Waiting for someone to have gears available as this will help dramatically.

Don't get in a hurry for the gears...I think you might change your mind after driving it.

I have driven a lot and I mean a lot of fast cars . I have 2 other blown Camaro's ( 6/71's) I have Driven vipers, shelby mustangs as well as a Testarosa Ferarri a friend of mine had back 10 years ago.

I have had a Mitsu 3000 GT twin turbo with mods as well....absolutely none of them hold a candle to this bad boy, It hooks up so well you are just glued to the seat in at least the first 3 if not 4 gears. Haven't had the balls to get on it hard past forth... 135mph and still pulling like a mule truly amazing what technology can do. I still can't believe I PUT A BLOWER ON A CAR WITH 10.5 TO 1 COMPRESSION AND A CAST BOTTOM END@!

COMPUTERS ARE GREAT....
REV LIMITERS KNOCK SENSORS .....pinch me:w00t:

HaddadMotorsports 07-30-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 737057)

Unless you plan on making this into a drag car. The gears really won't be necessary. The tvs systems make big tq #'s down low. Not to mention boosted motors like being loaded. The stock gears will keep you in the boost longer than an aftermarket set.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032