Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   anyone plan on racing? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27116)

Rocky918 06-12-2009 12:25 PM

anyone plan on racing?

face it, the camaro is a preformance car. its not the highest end one like a corvette ZR1 or something (god that things fast) but its still pretty fast... my friend showed me a video of a supercharged camaro blowing a 11.50 1/4 mile... which is significantly faster with over 525HP

so does anyone plan on racing their new camaro? if so what mods do you plan on making if any... and whats the significance of each mod that you think you will acheive?

Crowley 06-12-2009 12:50 PM

If you talking 1/4 racing, I plan on making it to the track sometime. Initially I'll do ARH longtubes w/ catted exhaust system and tune. Once there are more Air intake options I'll do one of those as well. This will allow the car to take air in and breath it out a little more effciently. From there I may do some wider wheels and possibly some gears.

I'm not sure about suspension work. Down the road I will be doing either a magnacharger, whipple, or KB Blower setup. My initial goal is somewhere north of 550rwhp ... once the engine blows or if I can save up enough money when I put the blower on, I'd like to build the engine (forged / lower compression). It should then be able to handle a lot more power (hopefully the rest of the car can too).

Crowley

speedster 06-12-2009 12:51 PM

Yep.. Everyone's gotta have some fun. :)

toehead93 06-13-2009 01:54 PM

Already had mine down the 1/4 mile. It's stock now but I'd like to do CAI, LT headers, tune, and further down the road cam and torque converter.

Vash 06-13-2009 02:43 PM

What's the Body in White status? They still a go?

The_Blur 06-13-2009 04:00 PM

I will definitely be racing the Camaro. I want to get stock and performance times. I hope to see lots of angry GM-haters in my rearview mirror.

The body in white is available for $7k.

5GenCamaro.com 06-26-2009 12:51 PM

Yes, I can't wait to get it to the track and road race. I also will be drifting the car. I got rid of my AE86 Corolla for this. I will also probably do a few 1/4 mile races as some of my friends are into that but I got the Camaro for its ability to turn left and right.

CajunCamaroChic 06-26-2009 12:54 PM

Yes.........as a pace car!:cool:

1320junkie 06-26-2009 12:55 PM

evil laugh

SubSolar 06-29-2009 02:39 AM

I am planning on getting back into drag racing when I get my L99. Definitely will do intake, exhaust, tune and drag radials. Possibly a 2800 converter or so if I'm still not in the 12's.

Wolverine 06-29-2009 12:18 PM

I would like to do SCCA races. If I had the car, I would be getting more suspension mods than anything else. Like larger swaybars, swaybar end links, coilovers, strut tower bars-front and rear, under frame braces, light weight wheels, softer compound tyres, etc.

mlee 06-29-2009 12:21 PM

Got 7 runs under my belt stock... CB Exhaust and CAI now installed so it's time to go back...:D

Number_9 06-30-2009 10:07 AM

Anyone concerned about voiding their warranty as a result of the drag racing? The Texas Motor Speedway is having drag races this summer, very Friday night starting this week, and I want to take my Baby out for a few runs... that said, I value my warranty more. Thoughts?

SubSolar 06-30-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 634374)
Anyone concerned about voiding their warranty as a result of the drag racing? The Texas Motor Speedway is having drag races this summer, very Friday night starting this week, and I want to take my Baby out for a few runs... that said, I value my warranty more. Thoughts?

I mean, unless someone at the dealership is there and sees you, you probably don't need to worry. If it breaks at the track just have it towed home before you call up GM.