Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   This Week's Detailing Itinerary (Adams)... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328260)

snymat68 11-14-2013 10:34 PM

This Week's Detailing Itinerary (Adams)...

1 Attachment(s)
This Weekend's Itinerary:
(Or as I like to Call It, 20 Steps to Success)

1. Wash Camaro (at touchless car wash)
2. Strip Wash Camaro (not what you think)
3. Clay Bar Camaro
4. Polish Camaro
5. Quick Seal Camaro
6. Glaze Camaro
7. Wax Camaro
8. Clean Windows of Camaro
9. Clay Bar Windows of Camaro
10. Glass Seal Windows of Camaro
11. Sweep Interior and Trunk of Camaro
12. Detail Interior of Camaro
13. Condition Vinyl/Plastic/Leather in Interior of Camaro
14. Wash Engine Bay of Camaro
15. Detail Engine Bay of Camaro
16. Wash Wheel Wells of Camaro
17. Quick Seal Wheel Wells of Camaro
18. Clean Exhaust of Camaro
19. Quick Seal Wheels of Camaro
20. Shine Tires of Camaro

Hopefully, when I'm finished, I'll still be able to lift my arms enough to take some pictures! :faint:

Adams Polishes FTW. :headbang:

otter 11-14-2013 11:06 PM

Good luck, definitely want to see some pictures.

snymat68 11-14-2013 11:32 PM

Thanks. I'll have to get some before pictures with all the salt residue and dirt on the car. Poor daily driver. Hopefully this mirage of products will protect my baby from the winter elements a little better in the coming months.

JTruck 11-15-2013 12:24 AM

Curious to see before and after.

kostnkost 11-15-2013 05:30 AM

:popcorn:

Just me, but I always like to clean and detail the engine bay before I do anything on the car. Then again mine is a DD where I drive on the highway 400-500 miles a week to work, so there is a lot of dust.

Can't wait to see pics

WiSSDiver 11-15-2013 07:57 AM

Might want to think about 2 weekends for all that! :0)

CamaroDreams07 11-15-2013 07:59 AM

You might want to look into something more durable for your sealant. If you're an Adams guy, maybe the MSS 2x

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Adam's Polishes 11-15-2013 01:59 PM

Looks like a solid weekend you've got planned!

If I can make a suggestion, I would take steps 14-20 and lump them in with step 2. Do all of your steps that involve water at the same time, i.e. washing the engine bay/exhaust/wheels/paint.

snymat68 11-15-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams (Post 7189260)
Looks like a solid weekend you've got planned!

If I can make a suggestion, I would take steps 14-20 and lump them in with step 2. Do all of your steps that involve water at the same time, i.e. washing the engine bay/exhaust/wheels/paint.

Yeah. That's my intention. My list wasn't really in order of operation. It started off that way, but then I kept thinking of things and tacking them on to the end of the list and was too lazy to rearrange. :D

Adam's Polishes 11-15-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snymat68 (Post 7189272)
Yeah. That's my intention. My list wasn't really in order of operation. It started off that way, but then I kept thinking of things and tacking them on to the end of the list and was too lazy to rearrange. :D

Other than those things, you've got your down exactly right!

:happy0180:

snymat68 11-15-2013 02:36 PM

Making the list was the easy part. It's the impending inevitability of going over every square in of the car half a dozen times in one weekend that concerns me. My arms will hate me. Hopefully I'll still be able to lift my beer! :drinking:

On a side note, it's supposed to be nice tomorrow but rain all day Sunday. Saturday I'll be in the driveway if it's warm enough, but Sunday I'll be garage-bound. Since I recently moved into this house and the garage has horrible lighting, tonight will be spent purchasing and installing 7 T5 lighting fixtures. :happyanim: In addition to the $200 I spent on the detailing products last night, that should bring this projects total up to ~$700! :brick:

tramtwo 11-15-2013 04:04 PM

You could always break it into smaller pieces... don't rush, polish and finish a panel at a time. But above all else be careful.... once you start down this raod there is no turning back from the madness!!

WiSSDiver 11-16-2013 08:56 AM

Advil will be your friend.

snymat68 11-17-2013 10:44 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Well, Saturday I got her strip washed while it was nice out. Then I spent the rest of the weekend installing new lights in my garage so I could work inside, out of the rain. Ten brand new T5 high output fixtures. It's pretty much as bright as a paint booth now. Should be perfect for detailing over the next few evenings. Gonna drive the pickup while I detail the girl. Here's some pics of the garage lighting. They don't do the actual brightness any justice. I'll be sure to get some detailing pics up as the fun progresses!