Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   GM INSIDE NEWS ON NEW HP CAMARO (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124622)

Blue Maro Demon 01-17-2011 01:03 PM

GM INSIDE NEWS ON NEW HP CAMARO

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...1/#post2238397

Looks like we will be getting a new nameplate folks...And the Z/28 will remain true to its heritage lighter & taking on the Boss.

Apex Motorsports 01-17-2011 01:09 PM

I like his thinking.

camaroitalia 01-17-2011 01:23 PM

Ok I read it, actually kind of makes sense. When did the ZL1 come about?

FenwickHockey65 01-17-2011 01:32 PM

We didn't confirm or deny that the "HP edition" would or would not be called the Z28. It was just an editorial.

bobby35ny 01-17-2011 01:34 PM

I said that the other day, maybe he read my post...:)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...18#post2733718
:)

radz28 01-17-2011 01:40 PM

If a car is purported to receive magnetic ride - which is a HANDLING option - why would it require a big bruiser name from the past?

This article means nothing to me. To suggest ZL1 is more representative to this new model makes no sense. ZL1 was a faily stripper-type car, too. ZL1 didn't have upgraded brakes, wheels, tires, shocks, etc. Why would a ZL1 need sports car parts? It was only a strip car, and wouldn't need everything already posted. A Z28-type car would need all those components.

This article makes no sense and justifies no reason why this car should be names ZL1.

Mr. Wyndham 01-17-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2738966)
If a car is purported to receive magnetic ride - which is a HANDLING option - why would it require a big bruiser name from the past?

This article means nothing to me. To suggest ZL1 is more representative to this new model makes no sense. ZL1 was a faily stripper-type car, too. ZL1 didn't have upgraded brakes, wheels, tires, shocks, etc. Why would a ZL1 need sports car parts? It was only a strip car, and wouldn't need everything already posted. A Z28-type car would need all those components.

This article makes no sense and justifies no reason why this car should be names ZL1.

ZL1, iirc, wasn't a trim level, either. It was the engine designation enthusiasts labeled the car with. In my very humble opinion, the ZL1 designation has much less Camaro history behind it...and doesn't do the car justice.

Anyways...that commentary was nicely written...but it assumed a lot....

radz28 01-17-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2739009)
ZL1, iirc, wasn't a trim level, either. It was the engine designation enthusiasts labeled the car with. In my very humble opinion, the ZL1 designation has much less Camaro history behind it...and doesn't do the car justice.

Anyways...that commentary was nicely written...but it assumed a lot....

:word: I think ZL1 represents the pinnacle of strip performance, but I don't think GM's only going to focus on going straight. This isn't the 60s anymore, and to narrow the focus like that would be crazy. Z28 is a known name, and tied right to CAMARO.

Yeah - not a lot of known comments, but from the spy shots we've seen, I think there are at least a couple I can bank on. I hate assuming, but it's all I've got :cry::facepalm::sm0::popcorn::drinking:

OldJedi 01-17-2011 02:08 PM

I thought the article would have insider information but he was just giving his opinion just like the rest of us. Everybody keeps talking about this heavy weight 2 ton car not being able to take on whatever Ford and Dodge throw at us. Pedders and Pfadt have already shown that with the right suspension pieces the current 5th Gen. Camaro will destroy GT 500's, Boss 302's and it can hang right in there Z06 Corvettes. This HP Edition Camaro will have the balls to take on whatever dares to challenge it for supremacy and that is why it should be named Z28.

radz28 01-17-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 2739046)
I thought the article would have insider information but he was just giving his opinion just like the rest of us. Everybody keeps talking about this heavy weight 2 ton car not being able to take on whatever Ford and Dodge throw at us. Pedders and Pfadt have already shown that with the right suspension pieces the current 5th Gen. Camaro will destroy GT 500's, Boss 302's and it can hang right in there Z06 Corvettes. This HP Edition Camaro will have the balls to take on whatever dares to challenge it for supremacy and that is why it should be named Z28.

BEST POST OF THE DAY!!! KUDOs!!!

They always go back to the weight, but there are cars out there than can manage it well. Look at Godzilla! It may have AWD, but there's a lot of technology there, as well, that keeps it glued to the road. Sure, weight is the enemy of performance, but it is what it is, and as long as it's mangaged well, I'm not complaining.

It SHOULD be called Z28.

ArkySS 01-17-2011 02:18 PM

Still have to overcome the fact that SLP has the rights to ZL1?

radz28 01-17-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkySS (Post 2739090)
Still have to overcome the fact that SLP has the rights to ZL1?

:word: I've read that, too, somewhere else. Maybe ZL1 will be available by then?... I doubt it, with all the advertising I see. Who really knows though?...

2010 SSRS 01-17-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 2738896)
I like his thinking.

+1

Mr. Wyndham 01-17-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2739037)
Yeah - not a lot of known comments, but from the spy shots we've seen, I think there are at least a couple I can bank on. I hate assuming, but it's all I've got :cry::facepalm::sm0::popcorn::drinking:

Oh, no -- I was talking about the linked writeup, not your post. :laugh: That guys made a lot of assumptions when he issued his 'challenge'....

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2739062)
Look at Godzilla!

Gah...I wish that thing wasn't nicknamed that, it's such a fail...Let the Z28 not be compared to it. :laugh: