Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 Camaro Fest (VIII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310)
-   -   My impressions of Camarofest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533966)

Bo White 07-16-2018 07:57 PM

CamaroFest5 was bad about clicks being scattered about. The ones in Bowling Green have been alot better.

StreetRage320 07-16-2018 10:23 PM

How do I join a click? I don't think I have one yet. :iono:

snizzle 07-17-2018 07:16 AM

This is unavoidable. Some folks are more social extroverts than others. That'll never change.

init4fun 07-17-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wtgrantham (Post 10250667)
This is my second CamaroFest, met up with a friend of mine last year and took my wife down with me this year. Both years stayed across the street at the Courtyard by Marriott. I love seeing all the Camaros and everybody’s custom touches, also loved going to the track and watching the races as well as seeing all of the vendors and u tube folks I see often online.

My biggest disappointment I think both years is how fragmented or segmented the crowd is. I always think it will be a huge party with a lot of folks that have a lot in common but it just has the feel of different groups of friends staying to themselves. Everyone is very friendly if you approach them and ask questions but they aren’t seeking you out. I thought the meet and greet would be a great place to socialize but just ended up being lots of people getting in line to get the stuff they paid for and getting a plate of free food, not very social. Even the Camaro folks in my hotel stayed to themselves and never struck up conversation, heck, couldn’t even get a wave on the street from most Camaro folks while driving my own ZL1.
I guess everyone is busy doing there own thing and hanging with their clubs and friends and hanging around their own cars.
I’m not being critical of the event, I’ll go again, just sharing my disappointment in the social aspect of it. I wanted to hang out with some cool Camaro folks and drink some beers and chat about our cars, but just never felt a place to do that.
Maybe its due to our hotel being across the street and not having a car or “camp” in the main parking lot, I’ll try that next year I think.

I’m curious of the number of cars this year vs last year, felt like less to me. Wonder if that was just my impression because of the change in where Camaro parking was this year?

Anyway, much appreciation to all the folks who put in the work and allow us to have CamaroFest

Interesting. I didn't find this to be the case at all. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott as well (mine was the 50th anniversary car in the lot) and I literally met 10 people before I made it back out to my car.

Everyone I passed in the lot gave me a head nod, met dozens of folks asking questions and looking over my car and got a wave from better than 1/2 of the Camaros (and some Vette Owners) I passed on the road.

Fraxum 07-17-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypez (Post 10250858)
I'll bring some corn hole boards next time and we can have a tournament lol

They don't fit in a gen 6 Camaro. LOL Already been there. Maybe if you make the board skinnier.

But it is a great idea along with some suds to improve the shooting and the social aspect. I think most car events are crowds keeping to themselves. But sometimes you can break the ice if you try.

hrpiii 07-17-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetRage320 (Post 10252330)
How do I join a click? I don't think I have one yet. :iono:

it's a $5 fee and a secret handshake.

But for you... I'm offering a one time waving of the fee, free shipping and you get Choc chip cookies at the next meeting. This offer is only good till 7/19/18.

Fraxum 07-17-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowblind (Post 10250924)
My 1st year attending CamaroFest and I only came with the wife.
Hypez I will hold you to the corn hole boards for next year..lol

How did she feel about sitting in the back on the long drive?

Ace0751 07-17-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 10252882)

But for you... I'm offering a one time waving of the fee, free shipping and you get Choc chip cookies at the next meeting. This offer is only good till 7/19/18.

Now that's a deal worth taking :faint:

01pewterz28 07-17-2018 03:38 PM

Just returned from the Fest my 1st trip to one since the 1st one in GA. Good times hot as heck but still good times.

Seeing that I have setup many cars shows and events I know what kind of undertaking these kinds of events take and my hats off to all of those involved from the organizers, volunteers, and sponsors. The real success is when the car owners come out to the event to participate this is why those of us who put on events continue to put them on.

Redlinez 07-17-2018 04:50 PM

When I had my 2015 Mustang GT PP, I took it to Myrtle Beach Mustang week and was there for a day. Pretty much the same thing. Vendors everywhere selling their stuff, burn out comps, idiots doing them leaving, etc. It was stupid hot in July, which didn't help. Cars and Coffee is very similar. I see a lot of affluent folks who love all the attention their trophy cars get them, different strokes for different folks.

StreetRage320 07-17-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace0751 (Post 10252976)
Now that's a deal worth taking :faint:

Yep, I will take that deal. Just let me know who is not in my click so I can avoid talking to them. :grouphug

CamaroSpike23 07-17-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 10252882)

The first rule of the secret parking lot click is you do not talk about the secret parking lot click!

(also... as a grammar nazi, it was painful to write click instead of clique...lmao)

Hypez 07-17-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 10252878)
They don't fit in a gen 6 Camaro. LOL Already been there. Maybe if you make the board skinnier.

But it is a great idea along with some suds to improve the shooting and the social aspect. I think most car events are crowds keeping to themselves. But sometimes you can break the ice if you try.

I'll just have the wife bring them in her suv lol. We live in bowling green :thumbsup:

Tenfive 07-17-2018 09:36 PM

I had a blast .