Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Changing Automatic Shifter Assembly (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530922)

YaBish 06-06-2018 06:18 PM

Changing Automatic Shifter Assembly

So, I was installing a leather shift knob on my 14 2LS. I broke the piece that unlocks the shifter. I have to replace the entire shifter assembly. Is this something I can do on my own or does it require a lift and a bunch of tools? Does anybody have a step by step. I can remove everything down to the shifter plate, but after that, I'm clueless. My apologies if this has already been detailed. I've been searching for it but wasn't able to locate a how-to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

YaBish 06-07-2018 09:45 AM

Any help anybody?

Tech@B&MRacing 06-07-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaBish (Post 10210402)
So, I was installing a leather shift knob on my 14 2LS. I broke the piece that unlocks the shifter. I have to replace the entire shifter assembly. Is this something I can do on my own or does it require a lift and a bunch of tools? Does anybody have a step by step. I can remove everything down to the shifter plate, but after that, I'm clueless. My apologies if this has already been detailed. I've been searching for it but wasn't able to locate a how-to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaBish (Post 10210955)
Any help anybody?

Your best bet would be to check out what YouTube has to offer. I was able to find some removal/installation videos with a quick search.

- Jason @ B&M Racing

YaBish 06-07-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech@B&MRacing (Post 10211436)
Your best bet would be to check out what YouTube has to offer. I was able to find some removal/installation videos with a quick search.

- Jason @ B&M Racing

Yeah, I thought of that. They have videos of shifters being put in but I couldnt find any of the full shifter assembly being changed. If you found one on there, could you share it?

Tech@HurstPerformance 06-08-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaBish (Post 10211460)
Yeah, I thought of that. They have videos of shifters being put in but I couldnt find any of the full shifter assembly being changed. If you found one on there, could you share it?

Try giving this a shot...I ran into this yesterday for a client with a similar vehicle and found that the Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter part# 3916030 is the same shifter for the V6 & V8 with the only difference being the gear pattern on the shift knob. I have included a link below to the installation instructions for the Hurst shifter. I hope that this helps you out! Good luck.

- Jason @ Hurst