Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Missing "Ladies of Camaro 5" thread comment.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46400)

Silverado 10-08-2009 11:35 AM

Missing "Ladies of Camaro 5" thread comment....

I guess I missed it too.....and while I don't necessarily want to rehash something that evidently bothered quite a few people, I'd like to know what was said and who said it (especially if somehow it was me). Evidently, I'm too late as it appears the thread was not only closed, but deleted.

I don't really think everyone who was using this thread (in fact, the whole site), for what it was intended to be (in the case of this thread, just some good clean fun, some back and forth between the guys and gals, and some "putting a face to the name", etc) should lose the opportunity to continue to use it, play along, whatever. It was never a "post or you're no longer a member" kind of thing. If the women wanted to post, they could. Same for the guys in the other thread. So in that respect, leave it open.

Personally, I think that's what the mods are for. If someone is being disrespectful, disgusting, whatever, then kick them out. Don't shut it down for the rest of us that were being respectful and following general guidelines of respect, common sense, common decency, etc. Leave the thread open, ban the bad apples.

Also, I think since this one got closed/deleted, so should the "Men of Camaro 5" thread.....but again, I'd say leave them open.....just my opinion.

Regardless of what happens with this thread.....to all the ladies of Camaro5....thanks for being you. Thanks for being here. Thanks for posting your pics and your comments. We wouldn't be who we are without you all. Much love, respect, and adoration, for all of you. You are all beautiful just the way you are, and don't let anyone else tell you differently.

:wub: :respekt: :) :rolleyes: :thumbup:

and without being totally tasteless, at times, even some :drool: and :confused0068:

Xanthos 10-08-2009 12:13 PM

I expect this thread will probably be closed soon.

The issue was that a few of the ladies in the thread started feeling uncomfortable by the kinds of comments being posted. Things like 40-50+ men asking - nay, even begging - for pictures of young 20-something girls in bikinis, underwear, etc.

And with that, I'm outta here before I get mod-smacked.
- X

Milk 1027 10-08-2009 12:23 PM

I dont think we owe an explanation. But simply put, some people dont know how to control their comments and it simply makes others uncomfortable. I deleted it after a talk with some people, members and mods alike. So out of respect for the women on this site the thread will not come back up.
If you wish for me to delete the men thread as well, I will do it out of fairness.