Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Meets and Events (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   12/10/11 Skaggs Springs Road Cruise (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187174)

Neriah 12-09-2011 04:42 PM

12/10/11 Skaggs Springs Road Cruise

Tomorrow, Saturday the 10th. I'm going to head up to Skaggs Springs Road to check it out. Mindz wanted to come along so I figured we would see of anyone else wanted to join.

Meeting up @ Starbucks in pleasant hill. 11:00AM

1900 Contra Costa Boulevard
Pleasant Hill‎ CA‎ 94523
United States

hypurone 12-09-2011 06:12 PM

FYI, the good part is only about 10 miles long, then turns to shit.... :yikes: But if you are into very slowly cruising, the rest of the run out to Stewart's Point is quite scenic. It would be torture for lowered/stiff cars tho...

Again, too much shit going on so I can't play! :help:

pyr0b0y 12-09-2011 06:20 PM

have fun; i would go if i wasnt out of town; get some video if you can too :thumbsup:

Neriah 12-09-2011 06:26 PM

Ahh I don't have a GoPro or anything.... Hopefully for Christmas

hypurone 12-09-2011 06:53 PM

What time roughly? I have an appt in Novato at 10:40 that will take about 20mins and I might be able to sneak away for a quick blast and get home in time for the garage door wrap up....

Mindz 12-09-2011 07:30 PM

I won't be able to make it until after noon so we'll see.

Neriah 12-09-2011 08:13 PM

Jarrod you never answered my text!
I wanted to go super early, but if later works for everyone we can do that. Let me know.

Neriah 12-09-2011 11:08 PM

Updated OP with meeting place, if you wanna go txt me, we can meet anytime I have tomorrow pretty much open. 925-525-3284

2010rod 12-10-2011 03:49 AM

I went with Cornfed, Joe and Big Al. All of us lowerred, except for Joe at that time may have had stock springs, and we didn't have any problems. Not that you will not bottom out 100% for sure. We had a blast. Everone should have this on their bucket list. Have fun:thumbsup:

ptroxx 12-10-2011 09:37 AM

Like I had said in another post... be careful on this road... the first 10 miles is fine, but once you get past the good roab this road narrows into a one lane road most of the way, with very bad roads, blind curves, and 2 way traffic...This is an old logging road that isnt maintained ad is used bu a lot of peaple.....The CHP is watching this road a lot more these days because of all the spirited driving going on .....
wrong move and you can be off the road in a second....

I have lost 2 corvettes on this road in my last 3 cruise i have done on this road..
Also the last 20 miles of it are VERY bad, Rocks all over the road, tree branches wet and very slippery ......I use to pre cruise this road when we used it on my cruise to get all the crap off of it...you will find rock alides braches on the blind curves..
Alot of our cars would hit bottom on the last 20 miles ....
If you use it just be very careful.. you never know whats around that next turn cause this could happen....this car was 5 ft from going over the side ...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0...D550/ry%3D400/

hypurone 12-10-2011 10:17 AM

I will try to check in and see if/when this is happening. Anyone got a phone # I can call when I'm out and about to see where everyone is?

Neriah 12-10-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypurone (Post 4145601)
I will try to check in and see if/when this is happening. Anyone got a phone # I can call when I'm out and about to see where everyone is?

I PM'ed you. I am leaving my house pretty soon, but my number is up there if you want to come.

Thanks for all the warnings and luck. Today will mostly be a road scouting day, but if I end up on the bad side I can't say I was not warned!

2010rod 12-10-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptroxx (Post 4145478)
Like I had said in another post... be careful on this road... the first 10 miles is fine, but once you get past the good roab this road narrows into a one lane road most of the way, with very bad roads, blind curves, and 2 way traffic...This is an old logging road that isnt maintained ad is used bu a lot of peaple.....The CHP is watching this road a lot more these days because of all the spirited driving going on .....
wrong move and you can be off the road in a second....

I have lost 2 corvettes on this road in my last 3 cruise i have done on this road..
Also the last 20 miles of it are VERY bad, Rocks all over the road, tree branches wet and very slippery ......I use to pre cruise this road when we used it on my cruise to get all the crap off of it...you will find rock alides braches on the blind curves..
Alot of our cars would hit bottom on the last 20 miles ....
If you use it just be very careful.. you never know whats around that next turn cause this could happen....this car was 5 ft from going over the side ...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0...D550/ry%3D400/

Ouch:facepalm: I heard about this one; I remember Al and myself sliding on some gravel at one point on a hair pin, that was a close one. The rest was all good though!

Neriah 12-10-2011 09:36 PM

I drove for about 8 hours today taking different routes and roads and will post up my findings/opinions on all the roads, conditions, ect.