Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   EB3 Motorsports (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305150)

StreetSS 07-01-2013 03:54 PM

EB3 Motorsports

Putting this in local forum instead of vendor review so more area members may see this. Do not go to this shop with your late model Camaro. I spent $4k plus here in parts and labor that has all been redone at my expense and the tune work was also bad. I am currently having another shop replace my new LG exhaust that leaks and was installed incorrectly. :mad0260:This was a ready to go bolt on kit that they cut up and welded together. They even cut up and ruined my SLP axle back during the install. Buyer beware.

Micker31 07-01-2013 10:08 PM

Same here brother. My tune was crap! Had it redone by John Behe. Runs awesome!

jameslk55 07-02-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetSS (Post 6739256)
Putting this in local forum instead of vendor review so more area members may see this. Do not go to this shop with your late model Camaro. I spent $4k plus here in parts and labor that has all been redone at my expense and the tune work was also bad. I am currently having another shop replace my new LG exhaust that leaks and was installed incorrectly. :mad0260:This was a ready to go bolt on kit that they cut up and welded together. They even cut up and ruined my SLP axle back during the install. Buyer beware.

Sorry to hear that. They installed lowering springs and catback exhaust on mine without any issues.

Micker31 07-02-2013 06:50 AM

Did he do your tune? My car was so lean, it wouldn't run

StreetSS 07-02-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micker31 (Post 6741576)
Did he do your tune? My car was so lean, it wouldn't run

Yep. Car ran lean and tried to stall at lights and set off lean trim bank 1 / 2 engine codes. I should have known when he started talking about secret tune tables that no one else knows about. Also someone there left a screwdriver in the engine bay. Took me forever to determine why my data logs were showing so much knock. I gave them a chance to fix it and it ran worse.

sneakypete 07-02-2013 02:31 PM

Im in the process of installing New Heads and Cam right now and will be looking for a tuner shortly. Thanks for the heads up.

tandtperformance 07-02-2013 02:32 PM

tune

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneakypete (Post 6743314)
Im in the process of installing New Heads and Cam right now and will be looking for a tuner shortly. Thanks for the heads up.

we can help you with tuning

Frank in MD 07-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

While not exactly close to you I would recommend Tim Flanary @ T&T Performance in Frederick, MD. 240 674-3930

dorfmac 07-02-2013 03:10 PM

yeah, shoulda called tim! but hey, you survived the experience and now you know!

StreetSS 07-02-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6743489)
yeah, shoulda called tim! but hey, you survived the experience and now you know!

Live and learn. I am keeping their EB3 logo under my hood as a reminder to do my homework. Car is at JRE now getting fixed. Ted remote tuned it months ago and the car has been running great. Took it up for cam, truetrac diff package, and an unexpected new exhaust.

StreetSS 07-02-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Be careful and do your homework. Ask the shop you select how many of those mods on your platform they have done. Not to take anything away from anyone's experience, but also make sure shop recommendations by others is for work similar to what you want done. Good CAI install does not necessarily equal good cam/heads/tune outcome. Attend some Camaro5 get togethers and talk to members. Not all bad experiences get posted here.

sneakypete 07-03-2013 06:57 AM

StreetSS,

My car is currently tuned by Vengence Racing but i recently collapsed a lifter and decided while it was ripped apart i would put the Trick Flow 255X heads on it with a bigger Cam from Vengence so the car should run ok with the current tune. This should give me plenty of time to do my home work and ensure I go with the best shop for my needs. Thanks for the information.