Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

GTAHVIT 08-18-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 5461066)
does the carbon ceramic kit swap over to the camaro?
i know a guy put them on his C5 vette, but that's the same basic platform

From the ZR1?

early on guys were talking about doing it but there was something wrong with the ABS computer on the Camaro. From what the GM guys said (can't remember who it was now) the camaro abs computer doesn't work well with the ZR1 brakes. But Man that would be the ultimate setup for a camaro.. Talk about a budget way to get a full CS bake setup...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 5461073)
Braking is over-rated. :bellyroll:

too complicated for you auto guys huh? I guess you think the car should stop for you too.

:D

PQ 08-18-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 5461097)

too complicated for you auto guys huh? I guess you think the car should stop for you too.

STOPPING is over-rated. :bellyroll:

Revers thrusters.

Rob@WretchedMS 08-18-2012 01:12 PM

no need to stop, just turn fast.

garcmol 08-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

From the ZR1?

early on guys were talking about doing it but there was something wrong with the ABS computer on the Camaro. From what the GM guys said (can't remember who it was now) the camaro abs computer doesn't work well with the ZR1 brakes. But Man that would be the ultimate setup for a camaro.. Talk about a budget way to get a full CS bake setup...

They're great. For a car that weighs 3400 lbs. You're better with the CTS-V setup :thumbsup:

pierre777 08-18-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 5461297)
They're great. For a car that weighs 3400 lbs. You're better with the CTS-V setup :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

JusticePete 08-18-2012 02:05 PM

There is a full system with GT-R Calipers and Carbon Ceramic Rotors we have spec'd out with Brembo specifically for the 5th Gen. They are incredible brakes, but they are incredibly expensive. I hope we find a client that is interested in this level of perfection... soon.

GTAHVIT 08-18-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Yep!

With the setup I have now, when I'm out goofing off, I keep pulling up short in the turns...

It's hard to make your self brake later then you are used to.

:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5461355)
There is a full system with GT-R Calipers and Carbon Ceramic Rotors we have spec'd out with Brembo specifically for the 5th Gen. They are incredible brakes, but they are incredibly expensive. I hope we find a client that is interested in this level of perfection... soon.

Maybe Speedster? :headbang:

garcmol 08-18-2012 02:28 PM

When you normally brake, just hover for a sec lol

zebra 08-18-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

From the ZR1?

budget? well, if $8500 is your brake budget, i guess that's about right...
and i couldn't remember if the ABS was a problem or not. i ain't really had much time or reason to keep up with the camaro mods since i joined the AF. really nowadays, i just stick around to hang out with y'all :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRPQ (Post 5461122)
STOPPING is over-rated. :bellyroll:

Revers thrusters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuqsd_tRHw

Quote:

that's what i was thinking - just seeing if anybody's tried it

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5461355)

oooohhhhhhh!!! good luck :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 5461378)
Yep!

With the setup I have now, when I'm out goofing off, I keep pulling up short in the turns...

better than coming up short in life like some others we know...
like around 5' 3" short... :bellyroll:

naw, nothin but :respekt: Randy!

JusticePete 08-18-2012 02:37 PM

There are a number of Pro-Touring Builds running ZR1 brakes with an adjusted ABS cal. The issues you have with that setup are the limited selection of pads and the cost of replacing a SCRATCHED rotor. If you go off course and a pebble or two happen to scratch your brand new ZL1 rotor be prepared to chuck it in the garbage. Now the carbo rotors we have specd with Brembo are still good even with a scratch ;-)

zebra 08-18-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5461438)
There are a number of Pro-Touring Builds running ZR1 brakes with an adjusted ABS cal. The issues you have with that setup are the limited selection of pads and the cost of replacing a SCRATCHED rotor. If you go off course and a pebble or two happen to scratch your brand new ZL1 rotor be prepared to chuck it in the garbage. Now the carbo rotors we have specd with Brembo are still good even with a scratch ;-)

double-win if they're under $1200 a piece :thumbsup:

PQ 08-19-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 5461428)
better than coming up short in life like some others we know...
like around 5' 3" short... :bellyroll:

naw, nothin but :respekt: Randy!

Psh............... I'm WAY taller than that......

1 whole inch taller........ :bellyroll:

zebra 08-19-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRPQ (Post 5463435)
Psh............... I'm WAY taller than that......

.................................. :bellyroll:

oh, i'm sorry. you're right - much taller than that.

in certain respects, 1" really makes a HUGE difference!

JusticePete 08-19-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 5462625)
double-win if they're under $1200 a piece :thumbsup:

I think retail is 2K