Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro Backup sensors (rear park assist), confirmed * (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431)

CamaroScotty 08-27-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1BADZ (Post 850277)
pics or ban!

I'll take the BAN ;)

Imfishintx 08-27-2009 10:22 AM

Can't please everyone!! I like the backup sensors in my Tahoe, and am glad they will be on the Camaro now too, guess thats at least one good thing about still waiting for my car to be built!!!

DrumDawg 08-27-2009 10:23 AM

I'm glad that GM is added them.

Dan3 08-27-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeOC1 (Post 850329)
It's called safety, people! The first time that you are warned by the sensors that your 4 year old is behind your car, you won't care that you have a couple of dots on your bumper. It IS difficult to see directly behind you in this car. If one accident is prevented because of this then I applaud GM. Don't seatbelts make an interior look ugly?

It's called parenting! If you have no idea where your 4 year old is... dont back up until you do! Somehow no one ever ran over me or any of my siblings (I'm one of 6) and we have never owned a car with backup sensors.

I have no issues with the convenience of having backup sensors if you want them. I DO, however, have an issue with them being provided for people as a crutch to help them not know how to drive. If you cannot park your car without a bunch of idiot-proof gizmos, you shouldnt be allowed to own it.

Jayhawk500 08-27-2009 10:29 AM

Back-up Sensors

You know I'm all for Safety!
But, Why couldn't they have put the system in from the git-go?
Okay, It's $295 as an option on a new car. Why not Standard option?
It would cost more than $295 for the retro-fit.
It's not like it's new technology. It's been out for years.
Besides, that's what's passenagers are for. Use them to watch your backend. I do.

nova 08-27-2009 10:32 AM

Thank god for small miracles. I might actually be able to let my wife drive the car now.

In nearly 4 years of daily driving, I've not put more than minor scratches on my truck. In one of the half dozen times my wife has driven it, she managed to back into another truck's ball hitch and put a nice big dent/scratch in the f'ing bottom middle of the tail gate.

I bought her a new 2009 Malibu on 29 June 2009. First payment was due 13 Aug. 2009. She calles me 28 July and tells me she managed to back into a Lowes truck that parked behind her in the apt. complex. Hadn't even made the first payment yet. Why she couldn't just tell them to move their f'ing truck that should be blocking people in to begin with I'll never know...

bond2 08-27-2009 10:34 AM

My guess is that they will release this as an accessory kit for already built cars like they did with the Pontiac G8:

--www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Pontiac/2008/G8/Rear%20Object%20Sensor%20Package/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Link won't display correctly, but you can copy and paste it into your browser

Beemer 08-27-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 849966)
Back up sensors will be included on the 2SS, 2LT and 1LT w/SRJ package.

What is the "SRJ Package"? I have a 1LT on order but I don't know what that is....

MikeOC1 08-27-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan3 (Post 850390)
It's called parenting! If you have no idea where your 4 year old is... dont back up until you do! Somehow no one ever ran over me or any of my siblings (I'm one of 6) and we have never owned a car with backup sensors.

I have no issues with the convenience of having backup sensors if you want them. I DO, however, have an issue with them being provided for people as a crutch to help them not know how to drive. If you cannot park your car without a bunch of idiot-proof gizmos, you shouldnt be allowed to own it.

You are absolutely right. There is no such thing as an accident.

GOLDDOG 08-27-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 850060)
Where did I ever say the v6 was considered inferior?? I didn't, I respond to a post that said they need to lower weight not add it and my reply was simply that the majority of people buying this car will buy a V6, meaning they aren't looking for more ways to get faster. There's nothing wrong with the V6 at all and I never knocked it I simply pointed out that have a car weight less means nothing to the general public.

Relax, I did not state that you said anyhting. It was all the V8 versus V6 threads. Not you personally!!!!

Y2Breeze 08-27-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beemer (Post 850420)
What is the "SRJ Package"? I have a 1LT on order but I don't know what that is....

SRJ = order code for C&C package

ctk1 08-27-2009 10:59 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOO! No stupid looking backup sensors! After 6 months of waiting I just got an 8/31 TPW last week. I swear Im jinxed!!!

Mr. Brownstone 08-27-2009 11:00 AM

I think that back up sensors should be an option. I love them on my diesel
F-250. They are especially helpful when backing up to trailers and the only use i get from them is to judge distance from my trailer hitch to my trailers

It's not that I have a huge cosmetic issue w/ the idea, ( I guess I'll reserve judgement until I can see some pics) I have a problem with paying the extra $300.00 on something I have already ordered and paid a deposit on.

It should be MY OPTION whether or not I want to pay an extra $300.00 for an ADDED safety feature.

I want to say that I applaud GM for listening to our requests but I personally feel that I am responsible enough to drive safely w/o CURB FEELERS and BACK UP SENSORS .

Hey GM, PLease Give Me the option of having a "Back Up Sensor delete" 2SS Camaro

Thanks.

HeavyD 08-27-2009 11:07 AM

So if it's such a big safety concern, why is it not available on the 1SS? Why does the 1SS keep getting left out of these options? Not everyone wants leather seats!