Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Bolt on SS M6 vs. Police Interceptor (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217133)

Shadow Camaro 04-17-2012 10:36 AM

Bolt on SS M6 vs. Police Interceptor

Just wondering what you guys think the outcome would be. I'm talking the crown Vic as well as the impala and the charger. I looked up some stats online and it looks like the crown Vic doesn't break 250hp and the charger doesnt break 380. Idk about the impalas. However, they also have all that extra stuff like reinforced chassis, backseat cage, etc. and with all that electronic equipment they have to run.
Basically, I think I can take them :P. Just want some feedback. I don't plan on running from the police. However, I do my fair share of eluding haha. Whenever I pass a cop and I'm speeding more than 5 or 10 mph over, I duck down the next side street :).
Anyways, let me know what you guys think please.

45thAnniversary2SS 04-17-2012 10:40 AM

I give the good ole hood tap everytime I go by one of the Police Chargers. They have one or two sleepers at every department they will radio for assistance when get in high speed chases.

The salesman who I bought mine through was ex highway patrol and he told me some pretty cool stories. Even took me to a few places I can run her without being bothered during the test drive.

Coltrane 04-17-2012 11:30 AM

Doesn't matter how slow their cars are you can't outrun their radio.

BigBlock427 04-17-2012 12:02 PM

I drove them for about two years in my last job.... the car itself is nothing to worry about. Trust me I have tested hahaha... But yea it dosnt matter radio is king!

MichaelH 04-17-2012 12:46 PM

yea if your just talking drag racing someone with a old police inteceptor at the track you will kill him

alaskacamaro 04-17-2012 01:07 PM

We have Impala's and Crown's in my department and both are not even close to the V6 Camaro stats to say nothing about the V8. There are several Charger R/T's in the nearby departments and I am sure one of the guys may want to conduct a "test run" with me sometime.....on a closed track or airstrip of course.

Another department just got a twin turbo Taraus (AWD) for testing and they really like it. That may be an interesting matchup.....I am just going to have to get to know my Camaro better :D

scrming 04-17-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskacamaro (Post 4819968)
We have Impala's and Crown's in my department and both are not even close to the V6 Camaro stats to say nothing about the V8. There are several Charger R/T's in the nearby departments and I am sure one of the guys may want to conduct a "test run" with me sometime.....on a closed track or airstrip of course.

Another department just got a twin turbo Taraus (AWD) for testing and they really like it. That may be an interesting matchup.....I am just going to have to get to know my Camaro better :D

Then 3.5L V6 EcoBoost is pretty amazing, and really detuned from the factory.... :D

Blackkaz04 04-17-2012 03:11 PM

if only you could jam there radar and radio....hahaha

jdenotter 04-17-2012 03:23 PM

Crown vics and impalas suck. Now the caprice is a 400hp beast. The new Ford SHO is a v6 turbo AWD so nothing to shake a stick at either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wild Bill 04-17-2012 03:29 PM

You can't outrun leo helicopters either.

Stew 04-17-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdenotter (Post 4820606)
Crown vics and impalas suck. Now the caprice is a 400hp beast. The new Ford SHO is a v6 turbo AWD so nothing to shake a stick at either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I believe the Caprice is actually 355hp, the AWD Turbo interceptor is 365, and the Hemi CHargers 370ish

Shadow Camaro 04-17-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskacamaro (Post 4819968)

What do you mean an airstrip? Is that legal? You go to an airport and run on their strips? I wanna do that!

alaskacamaro 04-17-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Camaro (Post 4820984)
What do you mean an airstrip? Is that legal? You go to an airport and run on their strips? I wanna do that!

Legal? Yes and no. I wouldnt try to just drive onto an active runway at a major airport but up here, we have a lot of smaller airstrips that can be used (with permission). With permission, like when we used the airstrip on the army base for EVOC training and it was a blast. Several years ago a car club got to use the same facility (guess the base commander loved sports cars). Anyway most of the smaller strips are great for 1/8 or 1/4 miles....

UCI CamaroFan 04-18-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Bill (Post 4820657)
You can't outrun leo helicopters either.