Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   SLP Loudmouth I or II? Help! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317675)

jaeatmon 09-11-2013 09:43 PM

SLP Loudmouth I or II? Help!

I've decided on getting the slp loudmouth exhuast on my 2012 v6 camaro, however I'm unsure if I want the 1 or 2? Can someone explain the differences and what you would reccomend? I chose the loudmouth because it sounds best at startup and revving it, but how does it sound at high rpms?
I previously had the mrt axleback v2 on my old camaro. How does the loudmouth compare?

ben3350 09-11-2013 09:46 PM

From what I understand the loudmouth 2 is a quieter version of the 1st one. The first one is much louder and also much raspier.

The loudmouth is essentially a muffler delete which is something you could get done for 100 bucks at any shop.

But if you are set on this exhaust: If you just want pure madness and the louder the better, get the first one. The second is not as loud but still very loud. I compare it to the difference between the MRT 1 and 2 but on steroids.

Oh and you're going to get plenty of drone with both exhausts, but more so from the loudmouth 1

While the loudmouth is louder, I (and many others) prefer the sound from the MRT exhaust. In my opinion getting the loudmouth would be a downgrade from the MRT.

blkngldbabe 09-12-2013 09:58 AM

LMII for sure. It's plenty loud and anymore would be frankly obnoxious due to the drone. If you want LOUD then do the MRT for sure. I truly enjoy my LMII though. Looks clean and i love the sound. It DOES drone though. Are you AT or MT?

Shift_Rejected 09-12-2013 10:04 AM

+1 for MRT v2... I'm finally getting to the 1,000 mile break-in and sounds great!

Juiced1 09-12-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben3350 (Post 6995144)
From what I understand the loudmouth 2 is a quieter version of the 1st one. The first one is much louder and also much raspier.

The loudmouth is essentially a muffler delete which is something you could get done for 100 bucks at any shop.

But if you are set on this exhaust: If you just want pure madness and the louder the better, get the first one. The second is not as loud but still very loud. I compare it to the difference between the MRT 1 and 2 but on steroids.

Oh and you're going to get plenty of drone with both exhausts, but more so from the loudmouth 1

While the loudmouth is louder, I (and many others) prefer the sound from the MRT exhaust. In my opinion getting the loudmouth would be a downgrade from the MRT.

+1 We still recommend the MRT and if you need something a little louder then the V2 you can always go with the V1. Also, removing the factory resonators is a easy way to get a couple extra decibels too.

JDP Sales 09-12-2013 12:52 PM

The LM1 is essentially a muffler delete which I would never do on the V6 as it just won't sound good IMO. I would do the LM2 or the MRT V1 or V2 (Personally, I'd lean more toward the MRT V2) Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

jaeatmon 09-12-2013 01:08 PM

I have the auto transmission by the way. And is the mrt louder than the slp? I thought the slp was louder...

ben3350 09-12-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaeatmon (Post 6996973)
I have the auto transmission by the way. And is the mrt louder than the slp? I thought the slp was louder...

The slp is louder on its own... but the MRT sounds better. Add some headers or get creative and you can make the MRT as loud as the loudmouth and it will have that great sound too.

I don't think having an automatic transmission will make much difference with these exhausts.

southerncarparts 09-17-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkngldbabe (Post 6996292)
LMII for sure. It's plenty loud and anymore would be frankly obnoxious due to the drone. If you want LOUD then do the MRT for sure. I truly enjoy my LMII though. Looks clean and i love the sound. It DOES drone though. Are you AT or MT?

LM are much more popular around here, I'd agree with this...

nikos30 09-17-2013 06:35 PM

id say get the loudmouth 1 if you dont plan on getting any other mods like headers or a res/cat delete. The drone is kinda terrible and the car will be way too loud especially in small towns late at night, but I loved it.

blkngldbabe 09-18-2013 08:05 AM

I find that the AT SS is a lot quieter with the LMII. This IS a V6 thread, so nevermind lol!