Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   SC V6 QUESTION... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564399)

1JEWLDSSRS 10-29-2019 12:23 PM

SC V6 QUESTION...

OK guys and gals, I have a guy I know who has a V6 either a 2012-2013 not too sure, but he recently super charged it he says and is supposedly putting 423hp to the wheels and 397tq. Is that even possible?? I have a 2011 V8 and after the big cam, stage 3 from TSP and all the mods needed to go with it I was only getting 470 to the wheels and 432tq. We added an LOD intake, retuned and am now at 510... So my question is 423rwhp possible from a stock rod V6 ?? Thanks in advance.. :noidea:

ChibiBlackSheep 10-29-2019 12:34 PM

Yeah it's possible. Do you know which supercharger setup he had?

Remember, you have an old school OHV v8, and the LFX is a high-compression DOHC with Direct Injection

Take a look at the v6 dyno thread, and go down to the boosted ones.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475389

1JEWLDSSRS 10-29-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 10650209)

Remember, you have an old school OHV v8, and the LFX is a high-compression DOHC with Direct Injection

Very cool sir, thanks.. Yea I'm not to sure which SC he has installed, but I do think he said his engine is the LFX..

1JEWLDSSRS 10-30-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 10650209)

Hey there, I checked his garage and the car is NOT an LFX engine, the car is a 2012 1LT. He has before the SC a 80mm TB,,LFX ported manifold, CAI and with this setup dyno'd 290. Now hes has supposedly the Overkill Stage 2 SC on it..Thanks...

ChibiBlackSheep 10-30-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 10651099)
Hey there, I checked his garage and the car is NOT an LFX engine, the car is a 2012 1LT. He has before the SC a 80mm TB,,LFX ported manifold, CAI and with this setup dyno'd 290. Now hes has supposedly the Overkill Stage 2 SC on it..Thanks...

2012 is the LFX engine. The LLT was only in 2010 and 2011.

1JEWLDSSRS 10-30-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 10651143)
2012 is the LFX engine. The LLT was only in 2010 and 2011.

OK, thanks. I did not know that, was thinking that 2014 and up were the LFX engines.. I'm a V8 guy, haven't paid much attention to the V6 world until he said what he did. Guess I need to pay attention. lol..:bonk:

ChibiBlackSheep 10-31-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 10651148)
OK, thanks. I did not know that, was thinking that 2014 and up were the LFX engines.. I'm a V8 guy, haven't paid much attention to the V6 world until he said what he did. Guess I need to pay attention. lol..:bonk:

I ran the v6 for 5 years, wanted to see what the LFX could be built to do. But learned that I hate direct injection far too much to see my build through.

I have 1 v6 that I'm building and it's pretty fun, I was curious what a modern v6 was going to be capable of.

1JEWLDSSRS 11-01-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 10651943)
I ran the v6 for 5 years, wanted to see what the LFX could be built to do. But learned that I hate direct injection far too much to see my build through.

I have 1 v6 that I'm building and it's pretty fun, I was curious what a modern v6 was going to be capable of.

Very cool, good luck with the build. Well he posted a dyno sheet for us to see and it only shows 400 to the wheels, but that is close to what he said, so I'm a little impressed to that, also he posted a short 25mph to 137mph vid that is pretty cool. That thing pulls pretty good !!

TommyTheCat 11-29-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 10651943)
But learned that I hate direct injection far too much to see my build through.

all modern cars are going that way including the 6th gen SS, except they're even adding port fuel injection on top of direct injection soon. pretty crazy stuff but it'll be a while for it to be perfect

CamaroBarb 12-02-2019 05:03 AM

My friends new Dodge pickup isn't Direct injected. GDi is by far the worst thing to ever happen to gasoline engines. Great for the replacement industry though. Washes the cylinder walls down, low speed pre ignition, carbon built up, special oil has to be used the list is endless. If you think you are going to buy a new car with GDI and drive it without doing MAJOR maintenance constantly good luck. My experience so far has been frustrating, always changing performance along with terribly washed down oil. At 4k the oil is cooked!

ChibiBlackSheep 12-02-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTheCat (Post 10670296)
all modern cars are going that way including the 6th gen SS, except they're even adding port fuel injection on top of direct injection soon. pretty crazy stuff but it'll be a while for it to be perfect

Ugh I know, that's why I didn't even bother looking into a 6th gen and just went for a 5th gen SS when I was shopping a replacement

Elite Engineering 12-02-2019 03:40 PM

Camaro Bob, look at this oil analysis running our E2-X system for GDI engines. This is on a twin turbo V6 making over 20# of boost at over 13,000 miles on the oil. As our system provides full time flushing and evacuation most of the raw fuel, water, acids, and the rest of the damage and wear causing substances are removed as soon as they enter BEFORE they can settle and mix with the engine oil:

https://i1083.photobucket.com/albums...ps7l9mvzrs.jpg

This patented design separates and contains 95% plus of all of this so substantial reduction in KR. Oil remains clean longer, wear is reduced, and we prevent up to 85% of the coking deposits (wish it was more but that 15% comes from EGR emulation back-filling and a slight amount from the valve guides.

Fuel economy is also improved slightly as the engine operates at full timing advance with the KR reduced.

Some trucks are still PI, but almost all passenger cars are now GDI.

Cheers!!

TommyTheCat 12-03-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroBarb (Post 10671640)
My friends new Dodge pickup isn't Direct injected. GDi is by far the worst thing to ever happen to gasoline engines. Great for the replacement industry though. Washes the cylinder walls down, low speed pre ignition, carbon built up, special oil has to be used the list is endless. If you think you are going to buy a new car with GDI and drive it without doing MAJOR maintenance constantly good luck. My experience so far has been frustrating, always changing performance along with terribly washed down oil. At 4k the oil is cooked!

I'll take a POS VW GDI over a 5.7 POS anyday lol. those motors are piles of shit. and all the internals have been on national back order for years because the motors constantly fall apart. not to mention all the electrical issues chrysler has.

CamaroBarb 12-04-2019 12:16 PM

His sons 08 has 175k trouble free miles still runs good and hes not one to take care of things. I'd have to disagree, GDI is garbage engineering at its finest. The consumer assumes all the problems and the manufacturers try and solve poor engineering by engineering new oils. Pretty sad. My next vehicle will not be GDI. Once consumer's wake up to GDI's constant problems things will change. What gets me is this car doesn't get any better fuel mileage than any other car I've owned without GDI? absolutely no sense use such a complicated fuel system that's hard on the engine, needs specially engineered oil and MUCH MORE to maintain. Where are the savings for the consumer? THERE ARE NONE! If you ask me it looks like they finally engineered a toss away car. Another thing with these cars the dealer service depts. are completely dumbfounded trying to answer questions or repairing them. They made the car so complicated only a well trained engineer could understand them and repair them. I am a engineer, when I go to the dealer its priceless!