Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CAMARO NOT ELIGIBLE FOR GMS PRICING ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23446)

kycamaro 05-19-2009 01:09 PM

CAMARO NOT ELIGIBLE FOR GMS PRICING ?

See the below emails from GM Family First (GM Employee Website) concerning GMS ! According to them, there isn't any employee discount on the Camaro !

-----Original Message-----
>From: GMVPPSPECIALPROJECT <GMVPPSPECIALPROJECT@eds.com>
>Sent: May 18, 2009 5:49 PM
>To: kycamaro
>Subject: RE: I have a general question about GM Family First
>
>Hello kycamaro
>
>No the 2010 Camaro is not eligible for any of the discounts.
>
>Sincerely
>Laurie McNeil
>GM Family First
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: kycamaro
>Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:36 PM
>To: GMVPPSPECIALPROJECT
>Subject: RE: I have a general question about GM Family First
>
>Is the 2010 Camaro eligible for ANY type of employee discount?
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>>From: GMVPPSPECIALPROJECT <GMVPPSPECIALPROJECT@eds.com>
>>Sent: May 18, 2009 1:36 PM
>>To: kycamaro
>>Subject: RE: I have a general question about GM Family First
>>
>>Hello kycamaro
>>
>>The discount is not eligible for the 2010 Camaro.
>>
>>Sincerely
>>Laurie McNeil
>>GM Family First
>>
>>
>>

Chevyrocker 05-19-2009 01:12 PM

Whether or not the car is eligible, it is up to your dealer to honor it. They do not have to give the discount if they don't want to.

kozzmo49 05-19-2009 01:23 PM

it is eligible... fbodfather and everyone else has stated that it is... dont go by them... i emailed them two different times and go two different answers.

Bell040 05-19-2009 01:34 PM

GM needs to get their S**T together

seems like nobody knows

Fleet1 05-19-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 500992)
Whether or not the car is eligible, it is up to your dealer to honor it. They do not have to give the discount if they don't want to.

It is showing in the incentive lookup.

CamaroFan1 05-19-2009 01:58 PM

The Camaro IS eligible for GMS. It is up to your dealer to accept it.

The people that answered your email are GM outsourced, and generally uninformed. Look at the return address to @eds.com. Call the family first hotline, and they will help you out.

gac458 05-19-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell040 (Post 501053)
GM needs to get their S**T together

seems like nobody knows

This is not a GM issue it is a Dealer Issue. GM can advertise any incentive it wants, each individual dealer makes the choice of weather or not they will accept incentives on a particular vehicle. Don't blame GM for Dealer Greed, because that is all this is plain and simple!
I am sure we have heard this before; Most Dealers are Idiots, I don't agree that most are, but they have their fair share that if not idiots are crooks! Stop dumping on GM for what a privately owned franchise is doing. Point the finger of blame at the dealer and raise hell with them.
This is getting really old when everytime a dealer pulls this crap it is GM's fault when most of the time they have no control over these types of dealer issues. If you buy from this dealer when you receive your survey give them an appropriate score for how you feel you where treated. That is the way to respond to crooked dealers, stab them in the back and let them try and remove the knife and see how they like it!

SuperChevyICM 05-19-2009 02:42 PM

Here is the actual program that says it IS:

1. Program Number, Name, Template Type, Exception

Program Number: 09-06-8

Program Name: 2009 MODEL YEAR GM EMPLOYEE PURCHASE PROGRAM

Program Type: GM CORP AND OTHERS

May 8, 2009 through September 30, 2009 (DELIVERED)

4. Eligible models/required options/order types and allowances

ELIGIBLE MODELS:
---------------
ALL NEW AND UNUSED 2008, 2009 AND 2010 BUICK, CADILLAC,
CHEVROLET, HUMMER, PONTIAC-GMC, SAAB AND SATURN PASSENGER CAR
AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCK MODELS **EXCLUDING CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1,
CADILLAC DTS WITH OPTION CODE W30 AND 2009/2010 SAAB 9-3 MODELS**.

Jim Thompson 05-19-2009 02:54 PM

we are honoring it, so yes its available but up to your dealer

sstnt 05-19-2009 03:04 PM

Sure wish you were closer to Colorado, Jim. I get GMS through working for SUN. None of the dealer around here will take it, and most want $5-10K over MSRP. One did just want $3K over MSRP to order one for me, with $1K down.

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-19-2009 03:04 PM

GMS is available. Some dealers will blame GM and say well the computers dont show it.
This is just an excuse. If a dealer doesn't want to honor it, that is up to them. They should just say that rather than blame GM. I got mine at GMS. Dugan Chevrolet Avon, Indiana 317-745-6444

dermo1989 05-19-2009 03:43 PM

GMS for sure IS available!! My dealer told me it was not, but when i told them the dealer up the street was honoring it, they "mysteriously" made the phone call to find out that it was. I told them that I would order mine from their competitor down the street if they didn't honor it and they did, so I'm getting mine @ GMS pricing. STAY STRONG!! Don't let the dealer run the show. If you are eligible for it, get it! If that means you have to go to another dealer, then it's worth it. GOOD LUCK!

Jim Thompson 05-19-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstnt (Post 501316)
Sure wish you were closer to Colorado, Jim. I get GMS through working for SUN. None of the dealer around here will take it, and most want $5-10K over MSRP. One did just want $3K over MSRP to order one for me, with $1K down.

that would make it tough for sure. sorry to hear you cant find anyone close by:(