Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cop driving stupidly kills 2 teens (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52701)

ironpeddler 11-18-2009 02:32 PM

Cop driving stupidly kills 2 teens

http://www.connpost.com/ci_13807681

Not sure if this has been posted or not. Pretty upsetting to see cops act like this. Some cops follow the rules. Many break them, or feel free to interpret them as they see fit...this one got caught. Darn shame that some act like this.

PQ 11-18-2009 02:37 PM

Got news for ya. MOST of them speed and do the simple things that we all do. I know a bunch. Very few actually do really stupid crap. But they are people just like we are. Just make less money.

ironpeddler 11-18-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1188685)
Got news for ya. MOST of them speed and do the simple things that we all do. I know a bunch. Very few actually do really stupid crap. But they are people just like we are. Just make less money. :D

Did you actually read the article? The cop car that was taking the video was going 65 mph and the other cop car flew by him like he was standing still. Probably going at least 80-90 mph if not faster in a 40 mph zone. Doubt that most of them speed like this or we would be hearing more stories like this one I would imagine.

Hylton 11-18-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1188685)
Got news for ya. MOST of them speed and do the simple things that we all do. I know a bunch. Very few actually do really stupid crap. But they are people just like we are. Just make less money.

Cops up here make 70K easy....

Tactical Z 11-18-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 1188753)

:confused0068:

It's Hylton!

Hylton 11-18-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Z (Post 1188764)

It's Hylton!

:wave: Oh I'm still around. Just won't be contributing anymore.

sugar'n'spice 11-18-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 1188791)

:(

PQ 11-18-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironpeddler (Post 1188723)
Did you actually read the article? The cop car that was taking the video was going 65 mph and the other cop car flew by him like he was standing still. Probably going at least 80-90 mph if not faster in a 40 mph zone. Doubt that most of them speed like this or we would be hearing more stories like this one I would imagine.

Yes, I read the article. The car that hit the civillians was estimated at 94 mph. That's the stupid crap I was talking about. Most of us speed lightly but this was just dumb.

PQ 11-18-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 1188753)

A State Trooper here in Alabama makes about half that on average.

Supermans 11-18-2009 03:02 PM

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...001_VIEWER.jpg

May these two rest in piece. I see cops speeding every day in Miami without sirens. A couple almost hit me a few times. Furthermore ever since I got my Camaro, I have cops tailgating me for long stretches at a time obviously trying to intimidate me. It's foolish to be speeding just because you can get away with it 99.9% of the time. This crash wouldn't be an issue for the police had the camera not captured the crash unfortunately. At least this opens some cops eyes who are members of this forum to follow the basic laws of the road themselves unless dispatched where they need to use their sirens and lights while speeding.

Hylton 11-18-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1188818)

A State Trooper here in Alabama makes about half that on average.

Cops down there are WAYYYYY underpaid especially considering the crap they have to deal with.

Scott@Bjorn3D 11-18-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 1188791)

Well you are missed.

PQ 11-18-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 1188819)

May these two rest in piece. I see cops speeding every day in Miami without sirens. A couple almost hit me a few times. Furthermore ever since I got my Camaro, I have cops tailgating me for long stretches at a time obviously trying to intimidate me. It's foolish to be speeding just because you can get away with it 99.9% of the time. This crash wouldn't be an issue for the police had the camera not captured the crash unfortunately. At least this opens some cops eyes who are members of this forum to follow the basic laws of the road themselves unless dispatched where they need to use their sirens and lights while speeding.

According to the article, the camera would have never caught anything had the second car not turned his light bar on. It goes back 60 seconds before the lights are turned on and captures the footage.

It seemed as if the officer waited a bit to turn them on. If you'll notice, a third patrol car comes into the picture. I thought for a minute that the officer with the camera was trying to delay the film activation till he saw there was another officer coming. But that's just my untrusting nature.

Trajic.

Love how the lawyers are allready trying to put the kids at an intoxicated state. With pot found in the car and possibly leaving a party where there was arrests allready made. :thumbdown:

PQ 11-18-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 1188832)
Cops down there are WAYYYYY underpaid especially considering the crap they have to deal with.

:word:

My best freind started with the Troopers about 3 years ago and he started at 31k per year. They can get some overtime but only a few times.