Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Im from middle east !! i need help (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16430)

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:06 PM

Im from middle east !! i need help

Hiii guys
im new 2 this great forums .. i need some help from u guys cuz im from the middle east ( arabian gulf ) and i wanna order a new Camaro SS from the states with Gulf spec so can anyone help me .. if the dealers can order me one with gluf spec and how long it will take

thanx aloooot :bow:

jeffny09 03-23-2009 09:07 PM

welcome to the site and good luck

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:11 PM

thanx bro !!

UCF w00t 03-23-2009 09:13 PM

The long and short of it is that dealers are not allowed to sell cars here for export. The only way to do it is to have someone here buy the car and get it shipped to you without the dealer knowing.

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 358780)
The long and short of it is that dealers are not allowed to sell cars here for export. The only way to do it is to have someone here buy the car and get it shipped to you without the dealer knowing.

yaaa this is wat im going 2 do
but my question is can i order one with a gulf spec .. cuz i think that there is some difference between the US spec and the gulf spec .
and then im going to to send the cash to my frnd so he can buy the car and ship it to my country.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 03-23-2009 09:29 PM

What is the gulf spec

UCF w00t 03-23-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahrain (Post 358792)
yaaa this is wat im going 2 do
but my question is can i order one with a gulf spec .. cuz i think that there is some difference between the US spec and the gulf spec .
and then im going to to send the cash to my frnd so he can buy the car and ship it to my country.

Ummm no. If you asked for it "gulf spec" the dealer would kinda know it's going to be exported. He has to think it's staying in the states. They could lose their dealership if they knowingly aid in the export of a car. Unless, of course, you have some sort of connection with a dealership here (or offer a boatload of cash) that is willing to bend the rules for you. Still no chance of "gulf spec" (whatever that is).

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 358825)
What is the gulf spec

im not sure about it but i think that the fuel system is different and the radiator is bigger with some different in the thermostats cuz the weather is very hot over here .. so it will be better if i ordered one with a gulf spec so ill be on the safe side with out problems with the engine and other stuff

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 358839)
Ummm no. If you asked for it "gulf spec" the dealer would kinda know it's going to be exported. He has to think it's staying in the states. They could lose their dealership if they knowingly aid in the export of a car. Unless, of course, you have some sort of connection with a dealership here (or offer a boatload of cash) that is willing to bend the rules for you. Still no chance of "gulf spec" (whatever that is).

thanx bro !!
but do u know when is the new camaro arrives the middle east ?

UCF w00t 03-23-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahrain (Post 358851)
thanx bro !!
but do u know when is the new camaro arrives the middle east ?

No. For all I know, it may never be sold there.

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 358867)
No. For all I know, it may never be sold there.

i asked the dealer here .. they ordered 10 2ss but the problem is they dont know when its going to be here !!
so im trying 2 get it before the dealer

UCF w00t 03-23-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahrain (Post 358878)
i asked the dealer here .. they ordered 10 2ss but the problem is they dont know when its going to be here !!
so im trying 2 get it before the dealer

It sounds like you're much better off getting it from the dealer. Even if you ordered it in the US now, you'd be waiting several months to get it. Then, you'd have to somehow arrange to have it shipped overseas and that would obviously take considerable time. And that would be after you found a dealer and a person in the US to do all this for you. It would be time consuming, expensive, and a logistical nightmare.

Bahrain 03-23-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 358891)
It sounds like you're much better off getting it from the dealer. Even if you ordered it in the US now, you'd be waiting several months to get it. Then, you'd have to somehow arrange to have it shipped overseas and that would obviously take considerable time. And that would be after you found a dealer and a person in the US to do all this for you. It would be time consuming, expensive, and a logistical nightmare.

so ur advice is to wait from the dealer and buy it from here :(
im really sad cuz i wanna drive the Camaro SS ASAP

thanx alot bro

Camarino 03-23-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 358891)

i agree save yourself the headache