Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Audio Frustration Grrrrr (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365823)

BUMBLE-B-TUNA 06-27-2014 06:30 PM

Audio Frustration Grrrrr

I need some advice on what to do with my stereo system. I have a 2010 SS with the ******** FARK harness, JL 500 amp running two 10" subs and a JL XD 400 running JL components up front and JL 6x9's in the back. Sounds pretty good but I wanted to add an equalizer to fine tune the system. Tried the LCQ-1 from Audio Control and although it worked ok, I needed to crank the gain on my amps to get any volume, this brought in the alternator whine. I guess its designed for higher output from the factory amp ( which I turfed).
I would like to find a way to get a higher output into the LCQ-1 if this is at all possible, I may need the stock amp to do this ??? I don't really want to go with an aftermarket HU because you need a Schoche unit to keep the factory controls and that's $$ I don't want to spend. I think I'm almost where I want to be if its actually possible to do.
If some Guru out there has the answer I sure would appreciate it.

JimE 06-27-2014 07:10 PM

I'm not a stereo guy. But you are using the wrong equipment. The LCQ-1 accepts an amplified input signal. You are dealing with line level inputs. I'm sure there are numerous options available (with much better results) to handle line level signals.

A little research will likely turn up what you need. Or one of the many audio gurus here will likely chime in.

Good luck.

BUMBLE-B-TUNA 06-27-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 7778162)
I'm not a stereo guy. But you are using the wrong equipment. The LCQ-1 accepts an amplified input signal. You are dealing with line level inputs. I'm sure there are numerous options available (with much better results) to handle line level signals.

A little research will likely turn up what you need. Or one of the many audio gurus here will likely chime in.

Good luck.

You're absolutely right, as I found out. I was told by the Audio Control guys that I need to connect it down stream of the stock amplifier but this will defeat the purpose of the FARK harness that I have. I'm not sure how to do it and was hoping for a plug and play option. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Jrichards73 06-27-2014 09:01 PM

I have the LC6i and my levels are not cranked on my amps, my factory amp is gone. The only issue I have is the dc noise from the chimes for turn signals etc.

To your problem, maybe add the Matrix Plus Six Channel Line Driver?

BUMBLE-B-TUNA 06-27-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrichards73 (Post 7778360)
I have the LC6i and my levels are not cranked on my amps, my factory amp is gone. The only issue I have is the dc noise from the chimes for turn signals etc.

To your problem, maybe add the Matrix Plus Six Channel Line Driver?

I did add the Matrix Plus, it boosted the signal but... annoying alternator whine that I could not get rid of. I tried RCA ground loop isolators and some other band-aides that didn't work. When the volume was up it sounded great but at low volumes and even when shut off the whine was unbearable, so I removed it.