Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   quick question re hurst shifter (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18612)

delius 04-15-2009 02:56 AM

quick question re hurst shifter

Okay i have searched this topic in the search tool and could not get a straight answer

I ordered the hurst short throw in febuary

I kept it on there even though it was announced of the option delete

Will the order be thrown out , or is it automatically put on a waiting list until the RPO code comes in. I was getting the impression that your order wont be accepted by GM until you remove the hurst.

Can i keep the hurst ordered on the car and just wait until Q3 or whenever it is released and then leave it up to GM to rotate it into the production without me changing a thing?

If this isn't the way its gonna work...i need someone to tell me this...cuz then tomm im going straight to my dealer first thing in the morning.

alex33x 04-15-2009 11:13 AM

Why would you hold up your order for what it seems months for a $300 bucks shifter?

I would just take it off to get my car sooner then add the short throw myself later on. There will probably be other maybe even better short throws in the market in a few months.

snizzle 04-15-2009 11:18 AM

Agreed, don't hold your car up just for that. The stock shifter is pretty good until you pick another one (IF you pick another).

Rodrunner 04-15-2009 11:50 AM

From what I read on another thread awhile back, the Hurst takes quite a bit of force to shift, great if you're slammin' gears at the track, but possibly not much fun on an everyday basis. You just might end up really liking the stock shifter, which like Snizzle said, isn't bad at all.

delius 04-15-2009 11:40 PM

Well if i change my order...wont it make me be eligible for the price increase.

And i can wait until september...It actually is givin me more time for more GMPP products...so far catback and long tube headers are in the budget

Vash 04-16-2009 12:05 AM

I doubt they would change your price for deleting it. If they can't deliver it then they should understand that you want to get your car built.

alex33x 04-16-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 407424)
From what I read on another thread awhile back, the Hurst takes quite a bit of force to shift, great if you're slammin' gears at the track, but possibly not much fun on an everyday basis. You just might end up really liking the stock shifter, which like Snizzle said, isn't bad at all.

That is very common with any Short Throw Shifter. My stock shifter was really smooth, same with the clutch even though its not harder cause, this gen of stangs hav ea hydralic, I have to barely press it. It gets some getting used to.

But the car felt a lot smoother with the stock clutch and shifter, Im betting the camaro will be the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by delius (Post 409538)
Well if i change my order...wont it make me be eligible for the price increase.

And i can wait until september...It actually is givin me more time for more GMPP products...so far catback and long tube headers are in the budget

The headers that GM is going to offer are shorty headers, I wouldnt waste any money getting those from GM. They will be overpriced and you'll probably just see a few horses increases.

I would just get aftermarket none GM parts.

Rogue Leader 04-16-2009 10:31 AM

After finally sitting in the car this wekend (and being a huge Hurst Shifter fan) I definitely still want a Hurst for the car.

HOWEVER, the stock shifter was NOT BAD at all, and in fact won't bother me much till I can get a Hurst. In fact I'd almost venture to say its the best stock shifter I've felt in a GM car. Very accurate and the throws were not too long. Worlds ahead of the stock 4thgens rowboat paddle.

theshadow1234 04-16-2009 10:57 AM

Greetings,

Im new to this forum. Glad to be part of the Camaro5 Forums. Anyway, Delius whats your stat code? The reason I asked is because my Camaro was ordered with the Hurst Shifter also and I am trying to get my dealer to remove it since Monday. Im at 1100 still since OCt. 08 but if your order has already been accepted, it maybe to late to change.

Thanks

Injunman 04-16-2009 04:25 PM

I ordered mine with the Hurst shifter on 02/09/09 and my car is built and ready for delivery. Didn't hold me up a bit. Whether or not that shifter is installed is obviously yet to be seen.

bobby35ny 04-16-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Injunman (Post 411089)
I ordered mine with the Hurst shifter on 02/09/09 and my car is built and ready for delivery. Didn't hold me up a bit. Whether or not that shifter is installed is obviously yet to be seen.

Are you SURE of that statement?

-bobby

Injunman 04-16-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 411102)
Are you SURE of that statement?

-bobby

Yes, my car is already on the list of found VINS created by heinz and UC:thumbsup:F woot.

delius 04-16-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadow1234 (Post 410376)
Greetings,

Im new to this forum. Glad to be part of the Camaro5 Forums. Anyway, Delius whats your stat code? The reason I asked is because my Camaro was ordered with the Hurst Shifter also and I am trying to get my dealer to remove it since Monday. Im at 1100 still since OCt. 08 but if your order has already been accepted, it maybe to late to change.

Thanks

actually i dont know...and truthfully...i dont know how to...I am just kinda floating out here and i hope the GM fairy calls me...soon

how do i find out my stats code?

Vash 04-16-2009 10:36 PM

Ask your salesperson.