Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kev's 2011 2SS Convertible Build [COTW 3/28/11] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132722)

TAG UR IT 10-14-2013 12:45 AM

Looks damn good, man!

Drago77 10-15-2013 04:47 PM

Thanks guys!!!

beany323 12-21-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drago77 (Post 6365985)
The Good, Bad, Ugly and the Awesome!

-The good; after falling in love with this hood at the SSCR, I found an amazing deal on one from Ebay...

-the bad- deals that are too good to be true, are. Arrived with not only a huge chip in the corner (see pic) in a box with ZERO padding packing.. litterally... hood in a box... but also an unsightly wave in the corner... thank god my body guy Mike Meyers at Chrome Fish Customs is a god!

-the ugly- after nearly 2 weeks of trials, taping, re taping, clearing, re clearing, painting, repainting... I, the bitchy consumer, was happy with the look! I had a very specific desing for the stripes in mind, it had to be perfect! However, upon installation- the latch lever hit the underside of the hood, causing chips in the fiberglass, and the front had a "Joker-esque" sh!t eating grin... aka- hood tip dipped well below the fascia lines, while the front corners rose above the fender lines! A-lot!

-The awesome; with some help from Jim at Ohio Speed (coming to the immediate rescue of a fellow forum member!) I was turned on to some tricks to adjust the alignment... and amazingly- I have almost a perfect fit!!!! one last adjustment to make (when I get time, ) and it's golden!!!!

These are preliminary picks from delivery... I still have yet to receive the new "6.2L" emblems, and haven't even started the underhood saga... that's a whole post unto itself. But, here she is for now (pix prior to hood leveling adjustments...)

hmm. quick question. marker lights are ghosted or tinted? i have a summit white car and thinking maybe black ghosted markers. not sure still.. i have seen white and i like that look but since i have some black accent parts.. yours is the closest i have found so far.

thanks!

Cool AirZ28 12-22-2013 10:35 AM

love the entire build man. Sweet ride

Drago77 12-23-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beany323 (Post 7277299)
hmm. quick question. marker lights are ghosted or tinted? i have a summit white car and thinking maybe black ghosted markers. not sure still.. i have seen white and i like that look but since i have some black accent parts.. yours is the closest i have found so far.

thanks!

Just a cheap vinyl tint... bought em' on eBay for maybe $10 b4 I even got the car; almost 3 years later and holding up very well!

SSL Callaway 03-06-2014 09:29 PM

Fest

Are you headed to Camaro5 Fest in Houston?

Drago77 04-07-2015 01:52 PM

End of an Era

4 Attachment(s)
After 4 glorious, fun filled years, nearly $70k invested and more memories than I'll ever be able to describe; my baby has changed hands. Very sad moment to see it drive away, but it looks like it's going to someone who will treat her well and hopefully enjoy it as much as we have.

Last pix of the car... the new owner and a parting shot, as well as good-bye shots from our last family crusie last night.

RIP

TAG UR IT 04-08-2015 06:59 AM

No way!!! woah! Didn't see that coming... what are your plans? Are you going to pick up something new? 6th gen? 1LE...ZL1? Or no more Camaro?

RubyCamaro 04-08-2015 10:13 AM

Sad day indeed. I'm also wondering about your future plans. What a sweet build this was. Hope she is in good hands.

Drago77 04-08-2015 01:27 PM

Thanks everyone

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys!

Believe it or not... I bought a... a... :scared0016:

Ford...:yikes:

Seriously...

I have a loaded 2015 F-150 Lariat 4x4 Sport on order. Put the deposit down yesterday. Family and functionality has outgrown the Camaro. And besides that, the technology is getting a bit dated, and with the 6th gens on the horizon, time to get out now while I can.

Seems to be going to a good home. Buyer seemed to be a genuine car enthusiast, not quite Camaro freaks like we all are, but likes sports cars in general and I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Had to fight back a cringe when he told me it was going to sit outside (even with a cover,) but to each their own. :paddle:

On to bigger, (although not necessarily better) things...

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice over the past 4+ years!:sorry::thanks:

StephenofSD 04-08-2015 01:53 PM

So sad to see you go man! But it seems like the car went to a good home like you said. Did you tell them about Camaro5?